Surfbow 07-Apr-16
Lone Wolf 07-Apr-16
BigStriper 07-Apr-16
ScottTigert 08-Apr-16
Franzen 08-Apr-16
TD 08-Apr-16
txhunter58 08-Apr-16
13-Aug-15
I am getting ready to bite the bullet and buy a Yeti Tundra 125. Does anyone have a suggestion on the best place to buy online? Free shipping would be nice.

13-Aug-15
I ordered mine form 4wheelparts.com

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Outdoor-Lifestyle-and-Camping/Tundra-125-Cooler.aspx?t_c=88&t_s=564&t_pt=101601&t_pn=Y/CYT125W

Free shipping and great guys to work with, I order a lot of my truck parts through these guys

13-Aug-15
Craigslist

13-Aug-15
Rbay

13-Aug-15
My craigslist currently has a 145 Yeti for $250

13-Aug-15
Forget Yeti, These are better and much much cheaper. Bigger ones coming soon. http://www.rticcoolers.com/index.html

13-Aug-15
Do you have one? Never heard of the company and you have to give them a deposit and then wait 90 days?? Kinda iffy in that regard. And soon is a relative term. How soon are they supposed to have a 125 quart?

14-Aug-15
How are they better?

14-Aug-15
Ever had a knockoff rolex? They aren't even waterproof and are lucky to last a year before they break.

14-Aug-15
There is a pretty good comparison of quality coolers on another hunting site. You might want to check it out before you buy. Could save you some cash and still get you a top quality cooler.

14-Aug-15
There's another thread about imitation Rage's on ebay...

14-Aug-15
"Do you have one? Never heard of the company and you have to give them a deposit and then wait 90 days??"

Their website did not say anything about giving them a deposit. I'm going to get one out of curiosity. If it won't cool properly I can always use it to store my HECS suit.

14-Aug-15
"Ever had a knockoff rolex?"

Nah, a little too pretentious for my tastes.

But, I have a knock off Timex. It's a Timx.

For $4.99, it keeps on tickin', even after takin' a lickin'.

:-)

14-Aug-15
Their website did not say anything about giving them a deposit"

Really?

"All other customers can expect to receive their coolers within 60-90 days from the date of completing the pre-order deposit."

Huh? Let us know how it goes and if you do indeed have to put up a deposit.

14-Aug-15
How about it AKbowhntr: How do you know they are a good deal. Do you own one?

14-Aug-15
get a bison or engle

14-Aug-15
Funny. There is a thread "Is Yeti worth the money" with 75 posts. Seems like people gave their opinion there in volume. Now a guy asks where to buy a Yeti, and most posts are telling him, "no, buy my brand!".

Ya had your chance, so answer the guys question...

15-Aug-15
No deposit required. Mine will be here in a couple of weeks. I'll give you my opinion when I get it.

15-Aug-15
"Forget Yeti, These are better and much much cheaper"

How did you form your opinion on which is better when you haven't even gotten one yet?

15-Aug-15
Austin Kayak......I bought two from them so far. Here is how.

I made a small purchase for a couple other things I needed. On my receipt was coupon for 15% off any one item......well I thought new cooler right away. Add to that the they had free shipping on theYeti....so I go 15% off and free shipping.

I have the 45, the 105 and the 110. They perform great, money well spent.

16-Aug-15
I got mine at sportsmans warehouse, get it local if you can so you don't pay shipping. And yes, it is worth the cost

16-Aug-15
AK, then what does "pre-order deposit" mean??

Please let us know how sturdy and well built they look. I have been thinking for a long time that someone would come along and make a decent one at a significantly lower price. Maybe this is the one.

16-Aug-15
Pre order deposit means " I need you money to fund my start up business.."

That's said their coolers look like an exact copy of yeti. If they are are same quality then they are a bargain and will drive down prices across the board.

16-Aug-15
Might want to be careful if your sending in deposits ....on the yetis for half the price.

Maybe wait till they start shipping...

https://dockets.justia.com/docket/texas/txwdce/1:2015cv00597/762663

18-Aug-15
There are so many coolers like Yeti's out there now and they're all made pretty much the same. If I wanted a high end cooler I would look at all of them and not just get stuck in the name brand Yeti thing.

I always find it funny how they brag that they're made like a kayak yet you can buy a 14' kayak for half the cost of a Yeti?

18-Aug-15
after talking to 2 Yeti dealers, it doesn't matter who you buy from, Yeti sets the prices so all dealers' selling prices are close to the same. you might save on shipping from one dealer verses another.

19-Aug-15
Just got an email from RTIC announcing delays in their shipment schedule and requiring deposit to confirm order. Think I will rethink

19-Aug-15
Yeti is the only way to go. Spend the money you will feel good about your purchase and they are built to last a lifetime. Buying most other coolers is like getting a truck for hunting that is not a 4x4

20-Aug-15
"I always find it funny how they brag that they're made like a kayak yet you can buy a 14' kayak for half the cost of a Yeti?"

Admittedly I know little about kayaks, but I did google "14' roto molded kayak for sale" the cheapest I came up with was $549 on sale. Everything else was $700 and up.

21-Aug-15
"Just got an email from RTIC announcing delays in their shipment schedule and requiring deposit to confirm order. Think I will rethink"

How about it AK, they asking you for a deposit or saying your is delayed?

21-Aug-15
Look at Brute

22-Aug-15
Yes, I got the email, then placed my order. I then emailed them and they will send my 65 in October. Small company with growing pains, but once up to speed will outshine Yeki

22-Aug-15
Hmm. You last post said you would receive it in a "couple of weeks", now you had to send them money and it will be October. I really hope that comes out well for you and they live up to your expectations, because Yeti needs some competition. However, I am happy to let you be the guinea pig.

22-Aug-15
Bought my Yeti online from Glens Outdoors. Was the cheapest I could find at the time and came with some free accessories.

30-Aug-15
I don't own a Yeti but seen them in Bass pro, are they really a big deal I think I heard keeps ice cold for 24hrs?

I'm not trolling I'm in the market for a small cooler myself for early season so when I get out of the woods my sandwiches aren't floating in a pool of chilled water,, still have the cheapo thermos 6 pack special.

31-Aug-15
My yeti keeps ice for 7-10 days in September. Keep it out of the sun and covered.

31-Aug-15
My yeti keeps ice for 7-10 days in September. Keep it out of the sun and covered.

31-Aug-15

31-Aug-15

31-Aug-15
So that's a total of 28-40 days. Pretty impressive if you ask me!

31-Aug-15
BUY AMERICAN!

31-Aug-15
Just picked up a brand new Grizzly 40 on Craig's List. He won it at a golf outing and didn't have a need for it. Price was right (traded an old slot machine for it). Giving it it's first try this weekend.

31-Aug-15
Yes, 28-40 days to keep ice. Haha. Sorry for the repeats. The modem/router froze up when I hit submit and went crazy.

My Yeti is big - 140 or 160 or so quart size. I bought it unused from a guy who went on a one time only elk hunt. The price was so low I couldn't turn it down.

Even tho they are good quality, I would not buy one at regular price. Igloo marine coolers are excellent too.

Best wishes.

31-Aug-15
Coleman will keep the ice just as long and last for 30 years.

31-Aug-15
Sorry modem / router froze up then went wild.

01-Sep-15
Keith I'm with you 100%,,,, right now I'm not sure if Yeti is US or outsourced and what I say next isn't related to Yeti or any other cooler company but its hard to support an American company when they still may turn away and outsource for better profits ALWAYS when the product is selling hot and popular its almost like a greed thing to mebut there's no way of knowing who will stay and who will go.

I just heard that vital gear Retreated the stars and stripes for bigger profits, it saddened me....

01-Apr-16
On a whim I ordered an RTIC 45 a few months ago and forgot about it. It showed up yesterday and I must say I am impressed. It appears to be a first rate 100% copy of the YETI and its costs $175 delivered, half the price. Even so my wife said why do you need a $175 cooler.

01-Apr-16
Rei has 20 percent off right now for members....saved about a hundred bucks.

01-Apr-16
I like the "old school" style steel-belted Coleman, if nothing else, they're bomb-proof - and reasonably priced.

01-Apr-16
I added 1" of foam insulation and a seal to my existing cooler for $25.

01-Apr-16
Ice 7-10 days in September???? Wow, I've got a Coleman that does 7 days in July. Even happier with my Coleman now...

If freezing ice key is to have big blocks but I'm sure everyone knows that already. I remember reading a thread where guys were combining dry ice and regular ice or something and getting ridiculous good times out of a cooler, but I can't remember the specifics.

01-Apr-16
Go to Dick's Sporting Goods. Open a Dick's credit card with them. You get 20% off you first purchase.

I did this and bought a Kimber CDP-II. It was on sale 10% off already. Then I opened a credit card with them and got another 20% off. Ended up getting a $1,200.00 pistol for $840.00. Good trick

I have a Yeti 75. Bad as I hate to say it, my wife was right. It is worth the money. Freeze a gallon jug of water and put it in with the ice. Stays cold for two weeks in New Mexico September heat.

01-Apr-16
Best place to get one is from your wife for your birthday :-)

01-Apr-16
I know this is going to offend but dang you guys got too much money and not near enough brains

01-Apr-16
The harder you work the luckier you get. Lucky to be able to buy cool/good stuff

01-Apr-16
Brains enough to work hard. The harder you work the luckier you get. Lucky to be able to buy cool/good stuff

01-Apr-16

shorty's Link
I too have been looking at high end coolers. I ran across this yesterday. Take a look at the results.

02-Apr-16
Man, this thread is making me want to try a Yeti!

02-Apr-16
I have a yeti and an engle and while I do think the engle keeps ice a tad longer, the latch system sucks and I've already had to replace one. To me, that is where yeti shines, it is bomb proof.

I also have a 150 qt Igloo Marine that is a great cooler, but again, the latches have been replaced multiple times.

At this point, I'm not buying any coolers that have a latch system with moveable parts.

02-Apr-16
Field and Stream just did one of their tests on the high end coolers. The cabelas cooler came out on top. I don't know if I would want to dump that much coin on a Chinese plastic box but everyone to their own thing....

02-Apr-16
Pelican brand?

02-Apr-16
They are pricey but I really like my yeti coolers. Mine are getting pretty old and scraped, scuffed, and a little faded, but still work great. I wouldnt consider an different cooler and I was a skeptic.

Check out the hopper style of yeti coolers too. I bought one on a whim and find myself using it more and more. Very easy to carry while lugging other stuff.

02-Apr-16

06-Apr-16
Is the 65 qt RTIC really 10 pounds heavier than the yeti 65?

06-Apr-16

Titan_Bow's embedded Photo
Titan_Bow's embedded Photo
I have 2 smaller Yeti's, a 35 and a 45. I actually just bought a 73qt. rotomolded cooler from Walmart for $190. I tested it with a bag of ice and some drinks in the garage, and there was hardly any melted ice several days later. I think from a performance issue, its very comparable to the Yeti 65, just a touch bigger. Side by side comparison, the Yeti has better latches. I'm actually a little concerned the Walmart coolers latches might break at some point, but I'll be cautious where/how I store it, should be fine. However, at the end of the day, these are just foam filled plastic boxes... I'm betting there are alot of decent ones out here that would equal the Yeti. Buy the one that makes you happy.

06-Apr-16
Comparison on RTIC web site says it weights 7.5 pounds more but also has a capacity of 13% greater or almost 2 gallons. The 45 quart weighs 1.5 pounds more but also has a capacity of 2 gallons more.

06-Apr-16
I'm also betting that many of the made in china rotomolded coolers are coming out of the same factory, so there's likely very little difference, other than price/availability, etc.

06-Apr-16
Build your own.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjh6RDTgMuQ

07-Apr-16
So, 69 comments later, on a thread labeled "Best place to buy a Yeti" cooler, there have been maybe 3-4 post on where to actually buy the dang cooler and the rest about buying a different brand of cooler? Seriously? I'm going to go buy a Yeti just so I can answer the guy's question!

07-Apr-16
Thanks Surfbow

07-Apr-16
I don't own one but I borrowed my Brothers Yeti 65 in July and went to the Tennesee Classic, and kept it in the back of my pickup with a Leer Camper shell,I put ( 2) small bags of Ice in it with drinks Thursday morning and there was a little Ice left in the water Sunday evening when I got home and it was plenty cold,

Kurt

08-Apr-16
Dick's Sporting Goods Open a new account with them and you get 20% off your first purchase. Yeti coolers cost about the same anywhere you go. Yeti makes retailers charge at least a certain amount......

08-Apr-16
Woman divorced from a non-thrifty hunter?

08-Apr-16
"Best place to get one is from your wife for your birthday :-)"

Actually.... best place to get one is FOR your wife for HER birthday.... she'll love ya for it... kill two birds with one stone.... maybe three if ya don't duck though....

08-Apr-16
craigslist. Can usually find a next to new for $100-150 off new price

• Sitka Gear