Mule Power 28-Aug-15
elmer@laptop 28-Aug-15
elmer@laptop 28-Aug-15
DonVathome 28-Aug-15
mixed bag 29-Aug-15
Mule Power 30-Aug-15
mixed bag 01-Sep-15
14-Aug-15
Hunterdad and I are heading out for our Moose hunt in Alaska soon. No Dork/or Meat bulls for us on this trip. We both have nice B.C moose so were holding out.

14-Aug-15

hunterdad's embedded Photo
hunterdad's embedded Photo
250 grain Abowyer broadheads ready!!!

14-Aug-15
Good Luck! Make sure you take a bunch of pics!

14-Aug-15
Good luck...

14-Aug-15
Are you doing a guided hunt, drop hunt, float trip? Looking forward to your reports & like huntmaster said, take lots of pics!

I'm jealous! I went in 2014 & had an incredible adventure & a buddy & I are going back again in 2016.

Good luck to you both & stay safe!

14-Aug-15
Good luck

14-Aug-15
Thanks

Drop camp with Papa Bear but we will have a raft with us

14-Aug-15
I leave for Alaska in 29 days for moose.Cant wait for this trip.Be my 1st moose hunt and has been my dream hunt for almost 40 years.Hope to see a few,and Lord willing, a legal bull.Wish the 2 of you the best and safe travels

14-Aug-15
Only 21 days left till I head out on my combo caribou/moose hunt here in Alaska.

15-Aug-15
Good luck gentleman!! Can't wait to see the report:)

15-Aug-15
Keep us posted

16-Aug-15
I get little jolts of adrenaline already just from seeing the words Moose Hunt.

Mixed you have low, but reasonable expectations. We have LOTS of time to get it done. If you're in a good area time is the biggest factor right?

Good luck Prezboys!

20-Aug-15
Countdown is 3 weeks!!!! I hope Hunterdad has his back all aligned and ready to go.............

20-Aug-15
On my list... Good luck!

20-Aug-15
29 days!! Good luck to everyone, we added 2 bear permits to our hunt last minute so now we have tags for Moose and bear, Can't wait!

20-Aug-15
good luck!

20-Aug-15
Down to 15 days for my caribou/moose hunting trip. Got given a trailer hitch cargo rack. Will be great to put cans of extra gas on for the trip instead of in the back of the truck stinking it up!! Slowly finding gear and finalizing food plans!!

20-Aug-15
I am 13-1/2 months out from my trip........ Good luck I hope you guys get some really nice bulls and bears. Post plenty of pics and stories when you get back for those of us who still have a long wait!

21-Aug-15
I'm down to 22 days till boarding plane for Ak.Spending the weekend washing my hunting clothes and packing gear to ship ahead of me.Be spending some time on the range as well

27-Aug-15
As of tomorrow morning it is now only 8 days till departure for my caribou/moose hunt. Got my list, starting to do the laundry and pack. Just got a new battery put in my truck,all lubed and all fluids topped off. Need to buy a few more totes and a couple gas cans then down to buying only food. I start packing my truck in the morning after I drop off my son at school.

Weather is going to start off chilly with the possibility of a couple inches of snow a possibility. If that snow does happen it will make the caribou come out of the hills quicker.

As each day goes by I am getting more and more excited!! Keep going over my list to make sure I haven't forgotten anything!!

27-Aug-15
Today is Thursday. Hunterdad and we leave in 16 days. Sept 13th. We'll be in the bush till the 26th. Tried to pick the best rut time for the hunt. All of our gear and food has been shipped and is sitting at the air charter hanger. Starting to get that little tingle on the back of my neck. Hunt is close to being ON!

27-Aug-15
Call them and they will come.... be patient Grasshopper!

27-Aug-15
My bowman is right. Call them and they will come!!

28-Aug-15
Going to be epic...

28-Aug-15
im @27 days right now and i am starting to become worthless.

28-Aug-15
Elmer, make sure that your exhaust pipe doesn't go out the back of your vehicle onto the gas cans...speaking from experience here...

28-Aug-15
Really Bowman? That say that about elk but I've known quite a few that zipped their lips and pushed their cows into the next county.

I was telling my wife the other day: Nothing worthwhile in hunting comes easy. This will be a complete change of pace for me. With elk hunting you physically run yourself into the dirt covering ground and gaining/losing elevation. There is no ground to cover and zero elevation change on this hunt. The price to pay on this hunt will be days of sitting patiently. Glassing and calling ready to jump up and make a move at any minute. Wondering if I'm calling enough or not enough. Wondering if they smell camp. Instead of physical challenges it's all mental. Until you drop one in the water of course.

It's really weird being out of my element. It's exciting to be a rookie!

28-Aug-15

elmer@laptop's embedded Photo
elmer@laptop's embedded Photo
1 hour 45 minutes east of Anchorage last night. Gonna do the same thing up north starting Sunday. Early season cold front moving in. Luckily when I leave next Friday it is supposed to be back into the 50's.

28-Aug-15
Shiras. Will keep an eye on that!!

28-Aug-15
Who are you using for a guide/transporter? PM if you want, I am planning a trip for next year (and have been planning for 10 years).

29-Aug-15
Joe, I'm sure they will smell camp.Doubt they will care less if they hear some hot cows around;us.I'm getting all my stuff finished up for trip this weekend.down to 2 weeks now

30-Aug-15
I'm shipping two boxes of gear tomorrow. Didn't have them ready for yesterday and had to go to a cancer benefit. I got our raft guy to stash a couple one pound propanes in the raft before shipping it out. Nice... a lantern!

01-Sep-15
I'm shipping today.Good thing about lantern cause my kids borrowed mine and I cant find it.Twelve more days,but whos counting,lol

• Sitka Gear