oake 21-Aug-15
Jack Harris 22-Aug-15
HDE 23-Aug-15
Arrowflinger 23-Aug-15
caribou77 23-Aug-15
Rayzor 23-Aug-15
Tajue17 30-Aug-15
18-Aug-15
Alright, so I have to change draw length and strings, and figure I could look into new arrows too. Nothing wrong with mine, just thinking about a change. I'm shooting 70 lbs at 27 1/2 inch draw, Hoyt Maxxis 31 with Maximas, 125 grain head. I like the idea of the CE red and blu rz for their assistance in broadhead flight, but want to hear from those who shoot and work with different arrows about their experiences with them.

What arrow do you shoot and why?

18-Aug-15
I shoot Gold tip Kinetic. They are a slimmer diameter arrow. There not as slim as VIP etc though. Gold tips are a very strong arrow and price friendly for the most part. With a 300 shaft at 28" and 125 grain tip my arrows are ruffly 470 grains.

18-Aug-15
I have multiple bows and although I do shoot the Reds with my Carbon spyder and the blue rzs with my elite and absolutely love everything about them, my chill x is setup with gold tip velocity xt's and to be honest they're every bit as good even though they're a heavier arrow. I may group a little tighter with cx but those gold tips are Indestructable . Really depends on what you typically hunt. But with current arrow technology u can't go wrong as long as you stay away from the bargain basement deals. Spend a little more and you'll get a lot . Of course if you're looking at the Reds or blues and shoot a hoyt you obviously already know that. Good luck

19-Aug-15
I've had pretty good luck with the Gold Tip Velocities for 3d and Hunters for hunting.

19-Aug-15
Easton injections

19-Aug-15
Bloodsport "one" - hard hitting, and very, very durable.

19-Aug-15
I have shot Carbon Express Pile Drivers for last couple years they are heavy 11.3 gpi but blow through everything I shoot with expandables and fixed head.

19-Aug-15
I've been shooting Easton FMJ Injexions for 2 years now and have found them to be the hardest hitting,most accurate arrows I've ever shot. Very durable arrow also.

19-Aug-15
Easton FMJ...I've been shooting them for 6 years and no other arrow will ever be a consideration for me. They fly great, excellent spine consistency, extremely durable, and they flat out penetrate. Bonus is that they remove from targets very easily as well.

19-Aug-15
x3 on Easton FMJ. Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30, 29 in draw, 72lbs, FMJ 340's with 125gr G5 Strikers up front. I had to upgrade targets because of penetration!

19-Aug-15
I was shooting carbon express maxima hunters and liked them a lot. They weren't as heavy as I liked but they flew well out of my Z7. I also shot the Beman ICS bow hunters and they were a little heavier and flew great.

I got a new bow this year and for some reason it didn't like the CE maxima hunters. I couldn't get them to fly great out of it. I got the FMJ and my bow really like them plus they were heavier. 516 total arrow weight. Flew great and had great penetration.

Someone suggested I try the Depp 6 FMJ's so I did. I love them, they fly amazing out of my bow and they have some serious penetration at the 3d ranges. I have them flying nicely out to 60 yards with my broad heads.

Hoping to see how they work on a live elk soon.

Good luck.

19-Aug-15
I've been very partial to easton axis. Not as heavy as the FMJ's and I think their diameter is small enough for good penetration but thick enough not to have outserts and ease of fletching.

19-Aug-15
I shoot Beman ICS Bowhunter 340s @ 28" w/125 gr. points and feathers out of my 60# Hoyt Trykon. Bit heavier than some (9.3 gpi shaft and 428 gr. total) but good FOC and same POI field points and broadheads out to 50 yards.

19-Aug-15
beman and Easton xx75, never had complaint so never changed

19-Aug-15
Just started using the FMJ's this summer and wish I had switched before now. Haven't shot any game yet but that should be changing very soon. I can tell that the extra weight will improve my penetration over my Beman ICS hunters.

19-Aug-15
Another vote for fmj. Been shooting them for last 8 yrs.

19-Aug-15
Gold Tip Hunter 300. I Like black eagle arrows a lot too.

19-Aug-15
fmj's

19-Aug-15
FMJ's

19-Aug-15
Switched to fmj's yesterday. So far so good. I haven't had issues with pass thrus but like that they penetrate more than my flat lines.

20-Aug-15
I am trying Black Eagle this year. I have pretty much shot them all and they are all good. BUT! The Black Eagles seem to be more consistent then the others. Not what it says on their label, but what the weight and spine actually measure. And they will take back the culls you pick out that are not to spec.

20-Aug-15
Gold tip 75/95 camo good finish wieght tough ass any

20-Aug-15
Easton Injexion FMJ for me.

20-Aug-15
Altitude... aren't the black eagles terribly light? Or are they putting out a heavier hunting arrow now?

Hands down the best arrow I've shot was the carbon express 3-d selects 0.001" I have more robinhoods w/ these arrows than I do w/ all others combined. But again they are light and more for target IMO.

20-Aug-15
FMJ or Axis for me. Even shooting the Axis trads out of the stick bow.

21-Aug-15
Sounds like a lot of guys like the Eastons. I'm assuming you guys who shoot them can get them to tune fairly quickly to broadheads. I like the idea of that.

Thanks everyone for your input!

21-Aug-15
Easton FMJ. 125 gr magnus stinger 4 blade.

21-Aug-15
Just made the switch from Gold Tip 7595 to Torch arrows from Easton.

Happy with results shooting 125 grain shuttle ts

22-Aug-15
I have lighter CX maxima hunters, and GT XT Hunters- and just switched over to cabelas stalker extreme 65/80sbecause I wanted more weight and spine. Great arrows. They are really Beman ICS. You will love the price and they are perfect for your set up.

23-Aug-15
Recently started using some Easton HEXX shafts. Lighter arrow with a high FOC from brass inserts. Like the performance so far.

23-Aug-15
I just bought a new bow and bought some new arrows too. I went with the Easton Full Metal Jacket also. tune very easy with fixed blade heads and have a little more weight for penetration. I will be shooting thunderhead, and Magnus Stinger Broadheads. good luck to you all this Fall!

23-Aug-15
Have shot Gold Tip ultra light 400s for years. Tune great to my bow. With a 125 tip and a lighted nock they produce a 425 grain arrow and 292 fps.

23-Aug-15
I've tried and like most .204 ID arrows. Like .165/.166" micros too.

30-Aug-15
ACC's for me but I'm very stubborn and don't like trying new things if the old things still works perfect for me.

• Sitka Gear