slick trick viper trick vs qad exodus
Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
MTcountryboy 20-Aug-15
Ermine 20-Aug-15
Tajue17 30-Aug-15
carcus 31-Aug-15
20-Aug-15
I was just curious so a bought a 4 pack for 40 bucks....seems like a good deal but wasn't sure how tough they'd be...

I like the exodus heads pretty well, I know they are pretty dang tough and I had a couple laying around so I thought I'd find out which is tougher.

3/4 plywood....three shots each....nothing happened to either one.

50 gal steel drum lid.....5 shots each....nothing happened...both still spun true, the slick trick is noticeably sharper though.

Then I shot the steel drum....and it's not a light duty one.

first shot both went through the first side and stopped half way through the second side.

second shot all three blades on the exodus broke out of the tip, but remained in place, the slick trick still spun true with no damage other than a very slightly mashed tip...still spun true.

I shot the slick trick five more times though the drum and ruined a couple old arrows due to the bh pushing back into the arrow.

I ran out of old arrows to shoot and didn't want to ruin any good ones so I quit..it still spun pretty good...had just a slight wobble, but not much.

I don't know if broadhead targets mean anything when it comes to penetration, but the slick trick consistently penetrated a couple inches deeper than the exodus (brand new block target) and I was surprised that both the exodus and the slick trick consistently penetrated deeper than the solids...interesting, but not sure if that means anything when it comes to elk.

just thought I'd pass that along, I know it's not a great test I just needed a little confidence in them before I took them hunting ....seems to be plenty tough ....really sharp...and they fly just as good as any I've shot...right with the field points out to 70.

20-Aug-15
Check out Wac Ems. Four pack and they fly better than any other head out there. Shoot just like a field point.

30-Aug-15
I don't know about viper tricks but I still shoot the 100 grain slick mags and I see NO reason to even try anything else, they hit within 2" at 40yds for me which is my longest pin.

if I remember wac ems looked very cool too except 3 blade right?

31-Aug-15
This will be the 4 season I've shot exodus, killed 3 elk and 2 moose with them, they are awesome heads and fly great. Bought some slicktrick mags the other day as I'm a bit of a broadhead junkie, and they flew like crap, my exodus like darts, I thought my bow was tuned but as it turns out I was getting a right tear, one twist on my top and bottom yoke and the tricks where flying great.

• Sitka Gear