Joe 30-Aug-15
carcus 30-Aug-15
Pyrannah 30-Aug-15
4blade 30-Aug-15
Tajue17 01-Sep-15
29-Aug-15

Joe's embedded Photo
Joe's embedded Photo
I'm using a compound for the second year; I don't know much about broadhead tuning because I only shot out to 20 last year and with a recurve I didn't have this tuning issue. I'm using Magnus stinger 4 blade 125 grain with a 75 grain insert, with Easton axis 300 32 inches out of a Martin blade X4 at about 75 pounds with a 29 inch draw. 40 yards elevation is fine but the arrows hit about 12in to the left and at 20 its 6in. I'm aware that I can move my sights but my "Y" cable seems to have too many twists on the left side, so the shooting cable looks like it's favoring the left side of the idler wheel. Please verify -Joe

29-Aug-15
I can tell you right now that 300s are weak when the shafts are that long, you have that much weight up front and you're pulling that much draw weight. Your are going to need at least 250 spine and likely 200. You could back a couple turns of the limbs, or try 100gr/ 85gr heads to see if it helps. You could also shorten the shafts but one of the other options would be easier.

Check out Youtube. Lots of good tuning videos on there.

29-Aug-15
Try walk back tuning with field points to get the arrow rest close. Then shoot fp and bh again. If bh still left of fp then adjust rest slightly to the right.

29-Aug-15
And like Ray say you probably are undersigned and he gives some good advice around solving that issue.

29-Aug-15
the 300's would probably work if you cut them to 29" and used the standard 16gr insert.

30-Aug-15
Ok I'll see what I can do about arrow length and I'LL try walk back tuning, thanks.

30-Aug-15
If your right handed put a twist in the right yoke, I just had the same issue, my bow was center shot and all squared off, all I did is put one twist in the top and bottom yoke and got perfect broadhead flight. You will be getting a right tear if you shoot through paper.

Broadheads impacting left is a stiff spine reaction, But I don't think that's the case

30-Aug-15
i could not get 29" 300 spine with 150s to fly out of my 70#.. i had to go to 100 grain heads

30-Aug-15
For what its worth, I just ran this thru OT2. It says this arrow cut to 29" with the 75gr inserts up front will work.

01-Sep-15
I'm no pro but I also believe if the idler wheel is slanted that is a problem also,,, I would at least adjust the yoke (think its called) and straighten the idler especially if your in the beginning stages of sighting in.

• Sitka Gear