WV Mountaineer 30-Aug-15
Jaeger63 30-Aug-15
cityhunter 31-Aug-15
Jaeger63 31-Aug-15
kellyharris 01-Sep-15
29-Aug-15

Jaeger63's embedded Photo
I believe this buck is no older than 3.5. It would be an injustice to take him before he reaches 5.5. I just hope he can make it until then. The genetic potential in this area is great so I'll keep my fingers crossed for this guy.

29-Aug-15
Even if he is 4.5 he could and probably will put on some great growth by next year

29-Aug-15
killing him today is killing tomorrows trophy . hes a keeper for sure . if healthy bucks can but on inches past 5 yrs old , very few bucks reach there max antler growth. best of luck

29-Aug-15
I agree City. He probably want grow his best rack until until 6.5.

29-Aug-15
Beautiful buck

29-Aug-15
City, I know you own that sweet piece of ground in Iowa. Do you have any good bucks to share with us?

29-Aug-15

cityhunter's embedded Photo
this is one from early july this year

29-Aug-15
I'd kill him today. He's a trophy in any state in america as he stands right there. If you're lucky enough to hunt an area and pass deer like that, you are a very lucky man.

29-Aug-15

that guy should be a dandy he still had plenty of grow time another one with great looking mass

29-Aug-15

29-Aug-15
He's a shooter in NJ, borderline P&Y but probably just short but who cares. I agree to the age, he could possibly even be 2.5... The junk already starting to sprout off he pedicles, I can only imagine what this buck will look like in 2 years.. Probably will be a mainframe 10, with junk everywhere... Good restraint on your part and completely agree.

29-Aug-15
Jack jagers buck is well past the 125 py it has ten points

29-Aug-15
Jack Harris, I would bet my next pay check he already exceeds the P&Y minimum by far. A 3.5 year old with good genetics in prime midwestern farm country will usually easily exceed P&Y standards.. Caribou 77,' Its all about the part of the country your hunting my friend. Where I grew up in Alabama you would never in a million years pass on a buck like that.

29-Aug-15
City, You have some great looking potential candidates as well. I would expect nothing less of the whitetail mecca known as Iowa!!!

29-Aug-15
hes not 2.5 hes 3 or 4 a great deer that should get a pass !

29-Aug-15
It only get better if they continue to keep the jan rifle season at bay , that really hurt us esp in the months after the EHD .

29-Aug-15
I agree that he will only get better, but a couple places I hunt, the neighbor will kill him if I don't. The new place that I'm starting to hunt this year, I would give him a pass.

29-Aug-15
I stand corrected - he is about 130" now. Again - I agree with the OP...

Just for kicks, since he is so symmetrical, lets go G1 4", G2 8", G3 7", G4 3.5", beams 19.5", and mass on one side 14.5". Double it that's that's 113", plus a 17" inside spread, makes him right at 130 now...

No argument here - lets see him in 2 years

29-Aug-15
He's past 130 in my opinion. Closer to mid 130's to 140. Just sayin'. God Bless

29-Aug-15

Here is another pic showing a kicker off the back of his left G1. I've named him kicker, at least for this year anyway, until he grows something more distinguishing in coming years

29-Aug-15
WV Mountaineer. I agree with you. I think he's certainly in the 140's and that's being conservative.

30-Aug-15

jager beams easy 21 21 on that buck . Jack its better to under score them then over score this way one will be happier when they put a tape and score it using BC scoring method .

jager all my pics are early july night time i guess due to the day time heat i think this guy will be a dandy when he sheds out pic is from early july he had plenty more time to grow them antlers, id say hes 4 I didnt try to draw this year i have a friend coming out so its all on him to tag one.

30-Aug-15
I to put Jaegers buck at 140 ish. Harder to tell in velvet for sure. Find his sheds and we'll all know!

30-Aug-15
Another Great looking buck City! Your friend should have a good hunt this year for sure.

As far as the buck I posted at the top of this thread.. Whether he is 130 or in the 14o's I believe he has the potential to really be something if he makes it to his 5th, and even better, his 6th birthday. It makes the 3 acre food plot I just planted last week seem even more worth the money and effort now!!!!

30-Aug-15
what kind of beans did u plant in them pics i went with a forage type mix getting mauled next year i will increase the bean program.

30-Aug-15
Yup, he is a shooter now where I hunt in NY. I have two on the property I hunt just like him. Right around 130"s and the problem where I hunt is some a-hole will shoot them at night from the road as soon as they shed velvet. I hope to scare them off the fields a few times and stop them from visiting. Depending where you hunt, I would let him grow, here if he were to walk by I would have to shoot him. Shawn

30-Aug-15
Yep. After seeing that second pic, he is likely in the mid 140's minimium. He has a lot of main beam and a lot of point length. I'd shoot him and be tickled. God Bless

30-Aug-15
City, That is a crop of soy beans in the background. That is not my food plot nor did I plant them. Those belong to the land owner although the soybeans will be a great food source in about another month when their full of beans.

31-Aug-15
Jager sit in the tree armed with a video .

31-Aug-15
I will have a camera with me for sure this season. I'll probably let quite a few bucks walk but I will be shooting them with my camera and enjoying every minute of it!!!

01-Sep-15
Aren't they all potential shooters in a few years?

• Sitka Gear