cityhunter 30-Aug-15
Keadog 31-Aug-15
Jaeger63 31-Aug-15
Jaeger63 31-Aug-15
BigWoods 01-Sep-15
29-Aug-15

Jaeger63's embedded Photo
This old buck wears a very nice 8 point rack. I wonder how much more mass he may put on before he regresses? Take note of his bases.

29-Aug-15

Here is another one that better puts his bases in perspective. I so respect the older guys who make it into that prime. The majority of the pics of these guys will certainly be at night!

29-Aug-15

cityhunter's embedded Photo
2011 first time had camera out , i had him on camera up until 2013 seen him in person nov 2013 turned into a nine pt good luck

29-Aug-15
very nice deer - probably won't break 130" but who cares, he's a really nice deer that does look like he is in his prime. I would sign on for that where I hunt every year.

29-Aug-15
Jack I think his mass alone will push him into the low to mid 140's. But....he is in velvet so I maybe a little skewed by that. I definitely think he is in his prime of 5.5 at least.

29-Aug-15
City,'How much more growth did he put on by 2013? He's a dandy for sure!!!

30-Aug-15
Great looking buck. Don't see 140 though. Velvet on always makes them look larger...as a rule I subtract 10-15".

Good luck if you decide to hunt him.

30-Aug-15
Nice buck and I would say even with the mass he won';t be 140 but may be around 130"s. Shoot him so we know! Good Luck! Shawn

30-Aug-15
Doesn't look at all like the same deer. The 2011 buck is way different shape to his beams and rack shape.

30-Aug-15
The 2011 picture is cityhunters.

Very nice mature 8. I'd estimate him at 130" to 134".

30-Aug-15
jAGER I seen him on the hoof in 2013 he really looked impressive, massive body he had to be 7 at this time.Got taller added a 9th point more mass ,longer beams taller tines he did have a busted G1 from a fight , he looked prehistoric I would have guessed him at 155 158 easy mass was incredible . i killed a 149plus 8 pt years ago and this guy dwarfed him in all aspects.

30-Aug-15

Bill in MI's MOBILE embedded Photo
Bill in MI's MOBILE embedded Photo

Jaeger and City. Cool bucks. Very similar to one I killed a few years ago. Long beams. Long g2's. Excellent mass measurements. With the kicker mine "grossed" 151

30-Aug-15
This deer was an absolute giant bodywise, very mature. My point is that deer might have more bone than you're thinking.

30-Aug-15

J.E.T. (mobile)'s embedded Photo
J.E.T. (mobile)'s embedded Photo
See you and raise you 1.

30-Aug-15

30-Aug-15
Bill thanks for posting that 8pt awesome buck yes it can be hard to judge from a pic some of these midwest deer are 250 plus on the hoof not yr eastern 175 type body

30-Aug-15
Agreed. This was a from a DIY IL hunt. That buck took 2 guys 6'+ and 50lbs heavier than me to drag out. I've made it a point to have a nice group of friends over 210 and 6'2".

I shot a buck back in MA about 1995 that dressed out at 187. This buck was easily 30% bigger. Required a really big form too.

These bucks both look old and big. They'll tickle 140+ and 145+ respectively IMO

30-Aug-15

Keadog's embedded Photo
Keadog's embedded Photo
If I could highjack this enjoyable thread, here's an 8 I was after last year but a bigger deer walked in behind him. He's a local, around almost every day and I'm guessing he's at least 5.5 this year. His body is huge - he dwarfs all the other mature bucks on my property. I think he'll easily break 140 - I have a pic of him behind the 24" barrel and his antlers span it, so I have to think his inside spread will be well over 20". Anyone else? I personally would happily shoot the first deer in the thread as well...

30-Aug-15
Keadog, His bases are massive? Much larger than the bases on the 8 I posed at the top of this thread. That is a very impressive 8 point. Best of luck on getting an opportunity on him!!!!

30-Aug-15

look at the neck on this guy i saw him he had to be 270 on the hoof . No neck all chest

31-Aug-15
Jaeger63, yes, they are massive; it's not a photo illusion. My wife found his left side shed from last year and the base was 5 1/4" then. The left side scored 56 4/8" (I'm not an official scorer but usually within 1-2" on total score when I get my deer scored). He's still in velvet, of course, but he looks bigger this year than last. I can pick him out with my naked eyes 200 yards across the pasture if he's with other deer because his body is 30% bigger than the next largest buck he hangs out with. If I'm lucky enough to shoot him, he's going on my 300# digital scale before field dressing! And thanks!

31-Aug-15
City Hunter, A song by Meghan Trainor comes to mind except my version goes like this "It's all about that neck, bout that neck" !!! The only reason I even know who she is is because my wife listens to a very wide variety of music LOL!!! I think a huge neck on a buck is as impressive as a big rack. I mounted a 132 inch 8 point several years back simply because of how massive his body was and his incredible neck. He came in to my rattling like he was the most dominant buck around. He dwarfs an upper 160's 10 point I have on the wall in terms of his neck and the size of form he required.

31-Aug-15
Bill In MI, LOL!!!! I quit dragging out big midwestern bucks years ago.. I now keep a meat pack with a bone saw and knives in my truck as if I'm hunting elk here in Colorado. I now quarter them where they lay just like an elk!!! It saves a ton of back breaking work my friend!!!! I will try and get a doe out of my hunting area should I take one simply because I don't want the carcase in my hunting area while I'm still trying to fill my buck tag. But.....the amount of effort required to get a doe out v/s a mature midwestern buck is way different!!! Let me add also that I'm usually hunting alone which is another reason I quarter them.

01-Sep-15

BigWoods's embedded Photo
BigWoods's embedded Photo
Speaking of bad music...

I like big 8's and I can not lie

you other brothers can't deny...

• Sitka Gear