Contributors to this thread:
Tajue17 30-Aug-15
r-man 30-Aug-15
r-man 30-Aug-15
x-man 30-Aug-15
deerman406 30-Aug-15
Tajue17 30-Aug-15
30-Aug-15
I have a ross cardiac that I think is 60/70 limbs,,,, I recently wrecked my shoulder and got a cortisone shot but yesterday I felt the pain sneaking back!!!

I want to try lowering the weight and nobody here locally can help me so I need a quick schooling on how to back off the limb bolts.

also,, do you guys back out the top and bottom exactly the same or for re-tuning can I tweak one limb in/out more than the other based on what the arrow nock is doing.

30-Aug-15
start with same amount of turn to each, only after that adjust with 1/4 turns, oil threads to bolts lightly, leave enough out from threads to be safe, this all will change arrow spine performance so be aware that things will be diff, If your going down more then 10Lbs in draw weight you may have stiff arrow flight. remember you can endure a brief pain in the shot a deer, verse the pain you get from practice. I would not adjust down much. just limit practice

30-Aug-15
start with same amount of turn to each, only after that adjust with 1/4 turns, oil threads to bolts lightly, leave enough out from threads to be safe, this all will change arrow spine performance so be aware that things will be diff, If your going down more then 10Lbs in draw weight you may have stiff arrow flight. remember you can endure a brief pain in the shot a deer, verse the pain you get from practice. I would not adjust down much. just limit practice

30-Aug-15
You should be able to drop at least 15 # without worry. If you don't have a bow scale to check, you might have info in your owners manual as to how many turns they say is max. You can usually go a couple more than that if need be.

That's a single cam bow, so yes, you can adjust one limb in or out to fine tune uneven nock travel. Either one, depending on which one gives you better feedback.

Us old target guys used to adjust our singles one limb in, the other out, to give the ideal slight forward fall of the top limb at release. There are no set rules on it, you just have to experiment with what works best for your form.

30-Aug-15
If the bow is tuned now just back the limbs out the same amount. Mark with a pencil and start. I would not think it is adjustable more than 10#s and I would be careful. If they bolts are bottomed out I would not go more than 3 full turns. Shawn

30-Aug-15
thank you everyone for the posts,,,, you'll notice I edited my post because my English was so bad I must of just woke up when I wrote that..

thanks again I'm going to try this tomorrow a little bit at a time.

• Sitka Gear