Elk
Contributors to this thread:
Bear Track 30-Aug-15
orionsbrother 30-Aug-15
Chip T. 30-Aug-15
Rick M 30-Aug-15
midwest 30-Aug-15
30-Aug-15
Ever since Dan from Rocking R came up to our camp this spring and shot the biggest bear of the year, I've been glued with great interest to the elk threads. In the past, I gave them some attention, but not being much of an elk hunter, I read the threads relating to what I hunt the most, deer and moose mostly. For what most of you have offered in "How to do this and that" to kill an elk, it's all logged in the back of my head, and thank you. My arrow flight issues are behind me and sore shoulders from shooting so many arrows are recovering. I'm outta here at 5:00am tomorrow and looking at 22-24 hours driving to the lodge. My first leg of this journey will have me over knighting some where in Nebraska, then Montrose, CO next day. Final leg next morning to the lodge for 1 1/2 hour short trip. My little freezer is loaded and all my gear at the back door. Thanks for everyone's advice here and good luck to you other hunters.

Ron

30-Aug-15
Have a great time. That feeling of anticipation as you climb into the truck tomorrow is priceless. Good luck sleeping tonight. Give it your best shot.

30-Aug-15
Start the ball rolling at the ranch and have a great time!!!

30-Aug-15
Good luck, be careful driving and have fun!!

30-Aug-15
Good luck, Ron....drive safe!

• Sitka Gear