redwillow 07-Sep-15
Eric B. 09-Sep-15
fishspy 09-Sep-15
deerman406 09-Sep-15
JohnB 10-Sep-15
30-Aug-15

Eric B.'s embedded Photo
Eric B.'s embedded Photo
Less than 2 weeks to go and I break my freakin wrist! Ugh !! Looks like surgery to install a plate on Tuesday 9-1. Not how I envisioned my season going.

30-Aug-15
Good God man! Sorry to see that!

30-Aug-15
oh Geez that sucks. I'd be crying and not from the pain.

30-Aug-15
I feel ya bro! I've got MT & WY tags & broke my dang leg July 17 & can't get my knee going. I have to keep telling myself "it could be worse!" Hang in there!

30-Aug-15
That's almost as sickening as the video I saw last week. Good luck with the surgery buddy/dedicated caller;)

30-Aug-15
Yeah, something doesn't look right in that picture. Bad deal but I know how you feel. I broke three toes and had to turn in a good deer tag...and am missing archery elk season as well. Just got the bill for my foot yesterday an that twisted the knife a little more. Still, it all pales in comparison to missing an archery season we'll never get back.

30-Aug-15
Dang that looks nasty. Sorry about your elk season!

30-Aug-15
Put a splint and couple of tequila's on it and go hunt! You'll be fine!

30-Aug-15
Dang that looks terrible and painful!

30-Aug-15

RogBow's embedded Photo
RogBow's embedded Photo
That's why I'm sitting here at home, broken wrist. It was painful turning my tags in a week ago.

Good luck with surgery and recovery.

30-Aug-15
At least your tags were from a state where you could turn them back in. Another reason for people to quit applying to NM.

30-Aug-15
That sucks !

30-Aug-15
Pop an Advil and Cowboy up. Meke sure they cast it so you can still fit the bow handle in there.

30-Aug-15
Oh man!!

30-Aug-15
Eric B and RogBow, sorry you guys are going to be out this year. Wishing you both well for full and speedy recoveries!

Pop-R - maybe pop-up blinds or other ground blind setups???? Hope you can at least get out and try!

Wondering if Aspen Ghost may not have something there... Steel plates wrapped in?

30-Aug-15
You're going to need an arm guard.

Dang the luck, man! That really sucks!

30-Aug-15
have the cast made so u cant torque the bow .

30-Aug-15
No surgeon is going to let you put that much weight on the hand. It still pushes the whole cast back, putting weight on the bones.

30-Aug-15
killed a eight pointer with a cast on, they told me not to hunt and climb trees, I only listened to half of that, I did not climb trees, what did you do wrong to earn the break ?

30-Aug-15
Sorry about the bad luck. Keep your head up and look for the positive. God Bless

30-Aug-15
what a disappointment !! God bless for a full and speedy healing

30-Aug-15
Best wishes Eric. Looks like a bad break. Take the time and listen to the dr. Don't mess it up for future years.

30-Aug-15
That sucks guys. Hope you have as speedy and uneventful a recovery as my wife did when she broke her wrist last December. Her surgery included 2 plates and 10 screws.

30-Aug-15
Sorry to hear/see that. My brother did this years ago when we were going on a Bear hunt. He went & I taped his bow in his hand/cast. He could draw & do everything just fine. 20 yds was dead on.. He never got a shot though & I killed a Monster.

30-Aug-15
Sorry to see this, and hear of the others. Wishing you a speedy recovery and twice the opportunities next season.

I haven't seen anybody ask, so...What happened?

30-Aug-15
Wow, I expected to see a pic of a big bull on the ground, not this! Sorry man...

30-Aug-15
Good luck. And I don't want to sound sacreligous - some are offended some aren't - but anyway, couldn't you use a crossbow? And still go hunting?

That would be a tough pill to swallow. Though I have never had to deal with that situation, as hunting season,or any hunting trip for that matter draws near, I start to worry about stuff like that. I also find myself being more cautious.

30-Aug-15
damn. way sorry man. hope the healing goes well...

31-Aug-15
Ouch!!

Hang in there man---

Good luck, Robb

31-Aug-15
Heading in to see the surgeon in a couple hrs. Hopefully do the surgery in the A.M. Was trimming overhanging branches in the driveway. Cut a larger limb down, when it dropped it hit the bottom of my ladder it knocked it down. I fell about 7' landing on my wrist and tailbone.of course broken wrist and badly bruised tailbone .shin took a good beating as well. I guess u can never know. Kinda similar to a tree stand fall only 1/2 or a 1/3 of the distance. Be safe everyone !

31-Aug-15
Here's to a Speedy recovery!!

31-Aug-15
horrible news! Hope you heal fast... Good luck, Jack

31-Aug-15
I'm with ToddT on this - get a crossbow permit or wait until a later rifle season to hunt. That beats taking the whole year off.

31-Aug-15
I feel for you Eric.

Two things that never mix. Chainsaws and ladders!

31-Aug-15
Colles Fracture ....ouch. Hopefully your a righty

31-Aug-15
ouch.. dammit...

31-Aug-15
Check out Hickory Creek In-line crossbows. I've never shot one but they look like they would feel pretty close to shooting a compound with 100% letoff. "Twang and Bang" on youtube shoots the compact version one-handed. Just something to think about.

31-Aug-15
Thought it was going to be meatpole post. It was meat already, the wrong kind. I suppose it could have been worse though. Speedy recovery.

31-Aug-15
Damn, sorry to hear. My dad did the same thing. Except he landed on his feet, but his ankle couldn't bear it and snapped.

Bad stuff with saws and ladders.

31-Aug-15
Good luck in your recovery Lewis

31-Aug-15
That sucks! Good luck on the recovery.

01-Sep-15
Getg well!! Good Luck!

01-Sep-15
Egads! Ouch! Fri##** darn.....

Heal quick...

>>>>-------->

01-Sep-15
Ouch! Safe recovery

01-Sep-15
hoping for a quick recovery. Sorry, man.

01-Sep-15
That sucks. Good luck with a quick and full recovery.

I had to change my sights drastically when my wrist fully healed.

01-Sep-15
That hurts just looking at it! Sorry about the season!

01-Sep-15
Ouch! Sorry to hear that man

01-Sep-15
Dang it man! Sorry about your season. Here's to a speedy recovery.

01-Sep-15
Ouch! Sorry to hear that man

02-Sep-15

Eric B.'s embedded Photo
Eric B.'s embedded Photo
Well had the surgery yesterday. Ended up with cadaver bones to repair 5 broken pieces & a titanium plate /screws. Sucking on Percocets now instead of my diaphragm calls. :-(

03-Sep-15
ouch good luck with recovery

04-Sep-15

Bowhuntress's embedded Photo
Bowhuntress's embedded Photo
I feel your pain, fortunately I can still drag my venison bagging butt to my stand this year after getting ran over by a SUV in the grocery store parking lot. The first thing that went through my mind was I was glad it was only my legs so I could still bow hunt. Can I hunt in your best deer stand this year? Just kidding. So sorry and hope you recover well.

07-Sep-15
Sorry to see something lik that happen to a fellow Bowhunter, hope you recover from that one soon. Thought I had it bad, my horse has been down since four days before the opener, traveling hoof but better now, heading to Co. In a couple days. Get well soon got 3 moons of deer hunting to go!

09-Sep-15

Eric B.'s embedded Photo
Eric B.'s embedded Photo
1 week post op visit today. Feeling good

09-Sep-15
Dude that is a bummer

you will be back, YUK

09-Sep-15
I have seen guys with broken arms and wrists draw and shoot with there mouth. Have you seen the you tube video of the guy with no arms shooting a bow? Pretty incredible what you can do. Where there is a will there is a way. Sorry, hope you heal quick!! Shawn

10-Sep-15
It gives us all time to think about what we have for now it could be gone tomorrow good luck to all and be safe.

• Sitka Gear