bowriter 04-Oct-15
smokey 04-Oct-15
Scrappy 04-Oct-15
tadpole 09-Oct-15
woodguy65 09-Oct-15
Genesis 10-Oct-15
smokey 10-Oct-15
03-Oct-15
Have tried this preorbital gland lure. Started with newly made mock scrapes, in June until now, October. Applied lure to scent wicks over mock scrapes. Did not put any scents onto the ground. Did not touch or handle any of the scent wicks....Results so far....zero ....no bucks (or does for that matter) have used the scent wicks.

I purposely made new mock scrapes, as I believe this would be more clinical as to the actual effect of the gland lure on buck activity.

So far I am not 'feeling the love' of this Smokey's stuff.

03-Oct-15
make a scrape and pee in it, it's free and it works Forrest.

03-Oct-15
Scout and find scrapes they use. Deer scrape all year but the good ones seem to show up in three weeks.

03-Oct-15
"make a scrape and pee in it, it's free and it works Forrest."

YUP! It does! I haven't bought any commercial lures now for a good 10 years. Mine works just as well and even better. Just let' er rip.

04-Oct-15
Mock Scrape Man Pee Experiment:

04-Oct-15
I used their doe estrus last year with little results. Did not seem to spook any deer, but also did not have any deer show any interest. I going back to Bob Kirshner's Silver top.

04-Oct-15
I know uncles gene and and barry have great luck with it in IA. The hang a section of rope and place a game camera on it. They get every buck in the area on film. Here in VA it does not work for me. period. But on my place deer do not even scrape, and rarely rub. Rattling antlers also has never worked here.

04-Oct-15
You might want to go to the Wensel brothers webb site. It's called the Brothers of the Bow. Then read his articles "Wicked Wicks"

04-Oct-15
I think your supposed to scatter corn around it after your finished setting up the scrape.:)

04-Oct-15
Never found opne that was any better than what I was carrying in my bladder. Also makes sitting for long periods a lot more comfortable.

04-Oct-15
I have used Smokeys with success. No, I am not the same Smokey. I find a scrape they opened and then place Smokeys Pre Orbital scent on an over hanging branch. When they return they notice a strange buck scent and hang around more than scrapes without this scent.

04-Oct-15

09-Oct-15
smokey, That's the problem. Using the lure on a previously used natural scrape, you cannot tell if deer are using that scrape/overhanging branch because of a real deer's recent scent or the Smokey's lure.

Also, did I recently hear that Walmart is carrying it? Wonder how you produce that much preorb lure without diluting the crap out of it.

09-Oct-15
"I have used Smokeys with success. No, I am not the same Smokey. I find a scrape they opened and then place Smokeys Pre Orbital scent on an over hanging branch. When they return they notice a strange buck scent and hang around more than scrapes without this scent."

Yeah you could do that - or you could just pee in it and get the same or better result.

10-Oct-15
"New Car Smell" outperformed many scents/urine in study done by UGA whitetail PHDs

Take home is play wind and walk around as little as possible

10-Oct-15
Actually I tested the scrapes using cameras and overhanging branch without the scent and result showed less activity. After placing the scent activity picked up a lot.

As for peeing in the scrape; I do that and the bucks check it out, all urine is much the same but still more hits and very consistent times with the scent.

I have not seen this for sale at Wally world.

• Sitka Gear