GotBowAz 09-Oct-15
Teeton 09-Oct-15
SwiftShot 09-Oct-15
WV Mountaineer 09-Oct-15
drycreek 09-Oct-15
SwiftShot 10-Oct-15
SwiftShot 10-Oct-15
05-Oct-15
Got my first big bear. 30 yards and no ground shrinkage when found. I made a great broadside shot, found almost no blood but found him piled up in 100 yards. I will post pics tomorrow. I have no idea how to measure him but from his heel to ears 5 foot 10 inches. I should have a weight tomorrow or the next. I am thinking 325 plus.

05-Oct-15
where with whom

06-Oct-15

SwiftShot's embedded Photo
So here is a pic. The meat and fat was 185 at the locker. The hide, skull and fat went 80. So that's 265 without bones and gut pile. So what did he really weigh.

06-Oct-15

06-Oct-15

Got it near the Columbia River in Washington. With my boy, hunting elk he is 14 so we where chasing a bull for him with a muzzle loader. I spotted this guy. We did a little spot and stalk together and forgot about the bull for a while.

06-Oct-15
Nice bear - congrats! You weren't that far off with your guess of 325..

06-Oct-15
Nice bear. Congrats. Nice your boy could be there with you.

09-Oct-15
Way to go!

09-Oct-15
Congrats

09-Oct-15
Very pretty bear, I hope my first bear will be that nice. Congrats!

09-Oct-15
Nice bear, that hide looks good. What's ur plan it it. Rug?? Ed

09-Oct-15
Rugging it. I tubed the bear when I skinned it out. I could do a body mount because it has the massive white patch on its chest. Just no place to put the body mount.

09-Oct-15
I don't have a clue because I'd never guessed him over 275 by the best pic. The one pic, I'd guessed him at 150 or so. It appears that I'm so far off that a guess by me shouldn't even be considered.

Great trophy btw. God Bless

09-Oct-15
Great ! I hope I just get to kill a bear at least once before I kick out !

10-Oct-15
Mountaineer, its not you with the weight. Its the pics. I had my buddies do it and we should have spent a few min moving him around first. He was a big boy. When I saw him and shot him I guessed the weight at 225. I am very happy and will be taking in the skull and hide for measurement. I measured the skull and I have it right at 20 but I am not a professional. I bet after drying he will be 19 1/2 on the skull.

10-Oct-15
After we found him with my first guess on weight my buddies wanted to know where that 300 plus bear I had seen earlier in the year might be.

• Sitka Gear