Busta'Ribs 30-Jun-16
Mark Watkins 30-Jun-16
Dennis Razza 30-Jun-16
boschman158 30-Jun-16
flyingbrass 30-Jun-16
W 01-Jul-16
Tilzbow 01-Jul-16
05-Oct-15
I bow hunted hard for a big horn last season and I packed my bow in this season with my sights set on an archery big horn. My brother came with toting his rifle to try and get his first ever ram. We found the Rams and decided that I would for go my chance at a sheep this trip and he would take the biggest ram in the group with his rifle. He made a good shot and put his ram down. About two hours later we had made it down to his sheep and were busy caping it and cutting up the meat when we heard rocks falling across the drainage. I looked up to see a smoker of a ram and with one ram on the ground I knew there was no bowhunting it. I used my brothers rifle and put it down. Now I'm looking for the best pose for a full body mount!

Thanks!

05-Oct-15

boschman158's embedded Photo

05-Oct-15
I think that first photo is the most misleading photo I've ever seen on the Bowsite. I know it's not intentional, but still.....

Great ram! It's a shame you gave up on the bow.

05-Oct-15
Herd manager, I removed it it's not my intent to be misleading. That said I couldnt leave my bow on the mountain and I still took pictures of my hunt, so the bow is In the pictures and I killed it with a rifle.. It's how it happened it's part of the story.

05-Oct-15
I don't care what you shot it with, that looks like one hell of a ram and I'd like to see more pics!! Where was this at, if I may ask? THX

05-Oct-15
I don't care either what you shot it with. That's a great ram indeed, sir. Something most of us have never or will ever achieve.

05-Oct-15
Great ram! It's not a shame you used something other than the bow. But it is a shame someone would comment to the contrary.

05-Oct-15
Brute of a ram! Definitely post more pictures!

05-Oct-15
I agree with bou 100%! Glad I looked at this thread earlier and was able to see the first pic before you pulled it down. Congratulations on a great ram!

05-Oct-15

Bill Obeid's embedded Photo
Bill Obeid's embedded Photo
Beautiful ram.......enjoying him for life with a full mount is a great idea. This is how I did my Dall.

05-Oct-15
Well now I want to see the 1st pic! Congrats!

05-Oct-15

midwest's Link
Here's a link to busta's sheep taxi thread. One of the best I've seen.

05-Oct-15
Not the greatest picture.....

[URL=http://s52.photobucket.com/user/arcticstar/media/IMG_3343_zpsnohsapfw.jpg.html][IMG]http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g33/arcticstar/IMG_3343_zpsnohsapfw.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g33/arcticstar/IMG_3343_zpsnohsapfw.jpg

05-Oct-15
What a bruiser! Congratulations!

I took an AZ desert ram this past December and am using Dean Haun from MT for my full body mount. I don't have it back yet but I know Dean does great work.

05-Oct-15

Jim in PA's embedded Photo
Here is a few. You didn't say if you want it on the floor or mounted on the wall.

05-Oct-15

Another.

05-Oct-15
Can't fathom how someone who wasn't there can cast shame on someone else's hunt. Perhaps the most ignorant post I've seen on the bowsite......

Congrats on an awesome double with your brother! Helluva feat!

05-Oct-15

bsbowhunter's embedded Photo
bsbowhunter's embedded Photo
Awesome Ram! you will enjoy your full mount every day! I get to see mine walking out the door to work every day and it never gets old.

05-Oct-15
These are the OP's words:

"I bow hunted hard for a big horn last season and I packed my bow in this season with my sights set on an archery big horn."

Just seemed odd to me that someone who had his "sights set on an archery ram" so easily changed his mind when an opportunity presented itself.

There have been many other threads with this same theme, and it sort of comes down to what is more important; coming home with an animal, or the bowhunting experience. For many, it's coming home with an animal, which is fine, but don't paint it like you were really on a bowhunt. Because if you have your sights "set" on an archery ram, you don't pick up a gun.

06-Oct-15
Nice ram! Congrats. Thanks for sharing the pictures Boshman158. Please post some more pics with either a gun or bow. Who cares.

Herdmanager- You're point is understandable but please don't derail this thread with negativity. You could always start your own thread if you would like to debate the topic of bringing a bow and shooting one with rifle. Just remember that this topic has been beat to death here on bowsite.

06-Oct-15
Thanks guys! I am looking to mount it to the wall, and I can't decide between standing or bedded. I can post more pictures of the Rams, but as long as people understand they were rifle kills and leave it at that. Herdmanager- it was an archery hunt for me, I have been quite dedicated to getting a ram with the bow, and I still will be when I can hunt again. Like I said with one ram down 38hrs hiking from the truck, there was no way I could put a bow stalk on him and he was/is the ram of a life time. I don't regret it for a second, but I can't wait to finally get my archery ram some day.

06-Oct-15

06-Oct-15

06-Oct-15

06-Oct-15

5575's embedded Photo
5575's embedded Photo

06-Oct-15

5575's embedded Photo
5575's embedded Photo

06-Oct-15

5575's embedded Photo
5575's embedded Photo

06-Oct-15
My buddy is pretty good with sheep.

06-Oct-15

Bill VanderLaan's Link
Nice sheep. There a mess of full body mounts on the Wildlife Gallery's page. Some real bruisers on there too.

06-Oct-15
Awesome sheep! Congrats. Where did you get him?

06-Oct-15
Thanks bill! Those were helpful!

Iceman, Alberta

08-Oct-15
 photo CorySmithRam11.jpg

You took a great ram! Nice job.

08-Oct-15

Bill VanderLaan's Link
Animal Artistry has some good ones too.

09-Oct-15

Busta'Ribs's Link
 photo IMG_2751.jpg

Canmore Bighorn, mounted by Jim Kelly of Ringoes NJ. Click link for thread on the mounting process and more photos (lots more).

09-Oct-15
WOW......that is awesome!!! How often do two brothers double up on great rams on the same day?! CONGRATS to you both! And I could care less about what weapon was used and hope some people don't break a leg stepping off their high horse.

09-Oct-15
My legs are just fine, and I don't have a horse. I just like to bow hunt.

It matters how an animal is taken. To all of us. It's the reason this site exists. Pretend it was legal for me to shoot a ram out of a helicopter with a turret-mounted machine gun. Would you view that animal (and my hunting skills) the same as someone who killed one with a bow? I think not. It matters. It's the reason we on this site voluntarily handicap ourselves with a bow and arrow (some even more so with trad. equipment).

This thread is an interesting study in psychology. I'm not in the field, but I pay attention to behavior. The OP says he wants to see other hunters' full body mounts, but he really doesn't. He wants to show the sheep he killed, and he wants to show it to the hunters he respects the most - bow hunters. And he wants their approval, even though he killed it with a rifle (why do they never put the rifle in the pictures?). I Googled "full body sheep mounts", and there were thousands of images available. If the OP just wanted to see full body mounts, then there are endless images online.

It's an amazing animal, but people who say they don't care what weapon was used are not being 100% honest. It matters. You would not say the same thing about my helicopter machine-gun kill. I actually saw a show on TV where they hunted tahr out of a helicopter. They didn't shoot them from the helicopter, but landed it and then shot the tahr. It was not really hunting.

I'm just pointing out that there are different degrees of difficulty when hunting, and it does matter how an animal is taken.

09-Oct-15
If you don't like it click on another thread quit your whining.

Congrats on your sheep something I will never have the chance to hunt. How old was he? Any side by side pics with you and your brother itch the double?

09-Oct-15
Those standing wall mounts are awesome!

09-Oct-15
Let's see a few of your archery sheep Steve.

09-Oct-15
I'll never be able to afford a sheep hunt, but if I ever went it would be with a bow and I would either come home with an archery ram or I'd come home with nothing.

09-Oct-15
Why can't you afford a sheep hunt? I did my first Canmore hunt for $2500. If there's a will, there's a way.

Is there a will Steve?

09-Oct-15
Herdmananger- Let me sum it up for you. Just as you can see right through the original poster's motives as to why he chose to start this post, so too, I can see the jealousy,envy and little man syndrome that permeates your being and causes you to be the only negative poster on a great thread.

You have no idea of Dan's persistence over the years to kill a mature ram with his bow. Nor, do you have any idea of the fortitude it takes to backpack nineteen hours into the wilderness to get to your hunting area, much less the 38 hours of packing 124lbs to get back out. Nothing in your hunting career has ever matched the degree of difficulty that these two brothers put into their rams and to act like his achievement is somehow diminished because he chose to capitalize on a once in a lifetime opportunity with a rifle, is petty beyond description. Character is not defined by the weapon of choice regardless what some might think. You sir, have certainly defined your character on this thread.

09-Oct-15
Even if he is stealth bragging, the OP has every reason to be proud of that sheep. Googling images and asking to see mounts from participants here makes perfect sense in that he can gather information about the mounts, taxidermists, etc more readily than chasing down posts/pics that may be years old and posted by who knows who.

10-Oct-15
Nothing like a treestand sittin', catfishin' flat lander who has never climbed anything bigger than a 20' ladder stand passing judgement on a hardcore sheep hunter. :-)

10-Oct-15
I'm actually in the same boat. Shot a ram this year and am trying to figure out a pose and mount. This and other posts have helped a lot trying to figure out a strategy.

One thing I did was a google search for sheep taxidermy. If you click on "report imagines" there are pile of photos that come up on the screen. If you click on individual imagines it takes you to other taxidermy websites with even more sheep imagines...nothing like a little detective work to find gobs of sheep mount photos!

With that said, I am really hedging towards a downhill pose. I'm not sure if it's possible but rather than having a ram's body mounted side=ways on a wall I would like to figure out how to have it mounted so it comes directly out of the wall. I'm not sure if regular wall 2 x 4 framing can hold up that kind of weight and what type of re-enforcement would need to be in the base but it may be just a dream?

10-Oct-15
What Gerald said x100. Congrats on one hell of a ram. Hunt

10-Oct-15
Heardmanager the way I look at it taking an animal with a rifle in no way demeans the accomplishment. taking the animal with the bow only elevates it further

10-Oct-15
I apologize for herds behaviour, dont judge all Pa hunters off his example. I would however like to see more pics of the Op's ram. Unreal opportunity to be able to hunt sheep like that. Congrats on a wonderful hunt .

10-Oct-15
Congratulations on a great sheep hunt with your brother. Cherish the time that you can do that kind of hunt with your brother - very special times and not enough of them. Cool thing about Alberta is that you can go again next year! Hope you are lucky enough to knock down a good one with your bow next year!

Since this was a hunt with your brother, you might consider mounting the two rams together. Maybe an offset rock pile with them both going uphill or even a standing and downhill pose like Busta's ram above (that pose and body position is like perfect! Awesome taxidermy there!) Not sure if I have seen a set up like that, but get with a really good taxidermist and spend some time figuring out what you guys want.

10-Oct-15
That's a great ram! You are fortunate to hunt sheep...often. Take advantage of that.

Here's a study in human behavior...

I know personally and am good friends with many men who have killed sheep with a bow. Many with stickbows. I've hunted Bighorns with my recurve; I spent a month trying in Colorado on my own and was so, so close to killing my ram. It's still and will always be my favorite hunt, the one I will remember until I take my last breath. Not one of these men (or women!) have ever said one negative word about someone killing a sheep with a rifle. A friend and stickbow super slammer gave me genuine and heartfelt congratulations with a very big smile when we shared camp in the Yukon when I took my Stone. I'm pretty sure he wasn't faking...

Taking a sheep is a tremendous accomplishment whatever the weapon. If you haven't done it, you probably shouldn't comment on it.

11-Oct-15
Hey guys thanks for the positives! And the pictures! Contrary to herd mangers opinion, I had already googled images of full mount Rams and thought I would see how many more came out of the frame work here. Am I proud of my ram and accomplishment? Yeah I am! Busta ribs. I have a spot similar to how your ram is in my house and it's still one I'm considering! I watched your whole taxidermy thread back when you posted it! It's a great mount and one of the most original ones I've seen!

I don't have pictures of my ram and my brothers together whole as they were shot 500 yards apart in crazy steep country but I'll post some of the heads together. Thanks again!

11-Oct-15

11-Oct-15

11-Oct-15

11-Oct-15

BigSky's embedded Photo
BigSky's embedded Photo
Here is my 2006 ram from Montana. My wife is the one that insisted on a full mount. I had a friend of mine make the base cabinet. I figured if I was having base cabinet made I may as well make it a storage cabinet. I had him mount wheels on the bottom so it makes it easy to move around.

19-Oct-15
Boschman, that is a cool looking ram! What was the age of that beast? I love the dark face!

06-Nov-15

Dennis Razza's embedded Photo
Dennis Razza's embedded Photo
Just finished this one today.

Razza's Taxidermy Studio Bowsite Sponsor

06-Nov-15
Awesome job Dennis

16-Nov-15
Beautiful work, Dennis! Love those stone sheep colors and that mount really shows him off well.

16-Nov-15
Well Herd Manager...let me guess you killed a few dinky whitetails and now you are super bowhunter.. mountain hunting tough and that is a super ram thanks for sharing...love his character

16-Nov-15
Great rams!

16-Nov-15

Eric B.'s embedded Photo
Eric B.'s embedded Photo

17-Nov-15

Bhbow's embedded Photo
Bhbow's embedded Photo
I just finished hanging some of my archery rams in the new trophy room so I thought I would share

17-Nov-15

Bhbow's embedded Photo
Bhbow's embedded Photo
A few more

19-Nov-15
If I ever kill a ram I'd want an exact match to Busta'Ribs mount. That is absolutely awesome.

OP - congrats on a super animal. There are a lot of nice mounts on this tread to give you plenty of ideas - good luck with whatever you choose!

20-Nov-15
Beautiful ram....congrats

23-Jun-16

I got my ram back from the taxidermist today! I'm thrilled with how he turned out! I went with something a little similar to Busta ribs, but tweaked some things. I wanted him on a steep slope to match where I first seen him and I worked with my taxidermist to get it just right.

23-Jun-16

23-Jun-16

23-Jun-16

23-Jun-16

23-Jun-16
Looks Great!

Congrats

Good luck, Robb

23-Jun-16
Very Nice!!!

23-Jun-16
They sure did him well!! Congrats !

23-Jun-16
Great job. Looks fantastic.

23-Jun-16
Came out great!! Congrats again

23-Jun-16
Looks awesome!! Congrats!

23-Jun-16

TXHunter's embedded Photo
Here is my AZ desert ram from 2014.

23-Jun-16

Field pic. This was a rifle ram. Drew the tag with 13 NR points.

23-Jun-16
Looks sweet! Congrats!

23-Jun-16
Tam turned out nice Dan!

23-Jun-16
Sweet mount!

23-Jun-16
SaWEET mount! Congrats again!

30-Jun-16
Your ram turned out great Dan! The 360 view gives so many different dimensions. Really happy Jim Kelly's creative vision produced such a great piece for me and also great inspiration for you as well on your mount.

30-Jun-16
Congrats Dan on an incredible ram and the final mount turned out awesome!

Mark

30-Jun-16
Looks great!

30-Jun-16
Thanks guys! I'm enjoying him every day! Sure glad I spent the. Fra for the life size! Even if I have to curb my spending for the forseable future lol!

30-Jun-16

flyingbrass's embedded Photo
flyingbrass's embedded Photo
2010 Stones' Sheep

01-Jul-16
bosch,

The mount turned out great. Best of luck getting one with a bow it you go again. Like you, I packed two weapons on my sheep hunt. One was a .300 and one was a .257! I was coming home with a ram.

01-Jul-16

• Sitka Gear