Bow junkie 05-Oct-15
Barron114 05-Oct-15
Bow junkie 05-Oct-15
Jack Harris 06-Oct-15
Rocky D 06-Oct-15
mark land 06-Oct-15
Andrew W. Manukas 08-Oct-15
05-Oct-15
So after 15 years in IL I recently moved to Georgia. I know, what was I thinking???? Anyway, the Georgia forum is a ghost town so i thought I would post here. In IL I always took off 11/6 through 11/12 ish. I have 1 guy at work that swears that is prime pre rut down here. I'm just not buying it. When should I take my week vacation?? 2nd, 3rd, 4th week of November. I want to hunt prime per rut when the bucks are going crazy but the ladies are not quite ready.

05-Oct-15
What part of Georgia

05-Oct-15
Depends on where in GA you live/hunt. Check out the Rut Maps(peak breeding times) posted in the GON and the DNR websites. The GON also published a map that showed when the most deer/vehicle collisions were county by county(peak chasing?) Obviously these are based on last years info and can change. Last year I saw chasing on the 7th and then rattled one in on the 14th. I am in central GA and these dates were in line with last years published maps.

05-Oct-15
I hunt in soperton, just outside of Macon and although I haven't been there long one of my buddies has for quite some time. There is of course no guarantees, but he swears by 2nd/3rd week of November. We will all be in kansas then this year so smoke one for us

06-Oct-15
Good luck Andrew! Hope you get your best buck in Georgia.

06-Oct-15
If you are North of Macon I would take third week November. It is hard to go wrong with mid November unless you are in the deep South.

06-Oct-15
2nd to 3rd week on November typically with a good 2nd rut around the 1st week of Dec depending on your location.

08-Oct-15
Sorry guys i was on the road for work and they have some very strict policies on websites we can access so I am back. i am in Fayetteville.

• Sitka Gear