olebuck 09-Oct-15
eddie c 09-Oct-15
Hunt98 09-Oct-15
crestedbutte 09-Oct-15
Kevin Dill 09-Oct-15
JimG 10-Oct-15
M.Pauls 11-Oct-15
08-Oct-15
What do you recommend for something that I can throw in my pack to view and delete trail cam photos in the field? The wife won't let me use our laptop anymore.

08-Oct-15
I use my old compact camera.

08-Oct-15
Go to ebay and buy a cheap used digital compact camera.

08-Oct-15
I have the Cuddeback version. It seems to work with all the brands of cameras I have (I don't own a Cuddeback camera). Compatibility is my biggest issue.

08-Oct-15
Those portable viewers take too long to load and are no better than your compact camera.

08-Oct-15
Be aware that older cameras won't be compatible with todays larger storage SD cards.

08-Oct-15

SmoothieJonez's Link
Get SD care reader that plugs into your smart phone (supporting link). I bought a couple, $0.99 from China. Works great. Takes 3wks to ship, but for a buck, you cant go wrong. I use Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, but there's other SD card readers to match your brand of phone.

08-Oct-15

SmoothieJonez's embedded Photo
SmoothieJonez's embedded Photo

08-Oct-15

geneinidaho's Link
Bought this one from my Verizon store back in the spring of this year. $74.99 with a $74.99 rebate. No brainer for me.

08-Oct-15
what smoothie said, no need for another device

plenty of adapters for you phone for $5-15

check amazon

08-Oct-15
Yes...if you have an iPhone, Apple sells a card reader which plugs into the Lightning port. No hassle and works great.

08-Oct-15
I use a Moultrie, the $100 one, not the $50 one. It has two features normal card readers don't: the first being two card slots and zoom with the ability to move around the pic with an arrow pad.

Two card slots, one with a parent card, you insert your camera card and copy of the parent card, then delete all the files on the second card, remove and put it back in the camera. Then move on to your next camera. Each card that is downloaded creates a separate folder on the parent card so when you get home it's easy to copy them to your computer. You can also view the files on the parent card in the field. If you want, you can view the images on the secondary card as well.

This card reader does have a nice big display, but can be a little dark, but the zooming is nice too.

The only con is it can take a while to download photos if they are large and there's a lot of them. It averages 60-100 photos a minute, the IR download quick because they are smaller, but longer on the high resolution daytime ones. However, once they are saved the delete process is much quicker.

This is worth it if you have many cameras out because you don't need multiple cards.

08-Oct-15
I checked, they are still available. You may see it listed as Delux or 4.3 inch picture and video viewer.

On Amazon there is a comment under Q&A about compatibility, I have several brands of cameras and never had a problem. You just need to make sure all folders and files are deleted from your card before inserting into your camera so it creates a /Dcim folder, otherwise it may create another and if theres multiple folders the card reader will fail at the end of the download process.

08-Oct-15
Pretty much all cheap digital cameras can do it. If you have one of those around the house you are good to go. I am going to be getting a Microsoft tablet for other things, but I think it will be handy for this as well!

08-Oct-15
Kevin, have you used that reader with an iPhone?

08-Oct-15
I had issue taking my cards out of my Brownings and then inserting them into my Nikon camera for viewing, it just wouldn't work and showed no images, however on the PC, no issues at all.

These where class 10 cards by the way.

I'm going to try the reader for IPad next.

09-Oct-15
WapitiBob, yes I have. It's an Apple product runs about $28 or so. With it you can upload and view card content/images and place images in albums or folders. You can also copy images and files from your iPhone to the SD card.

09-Oct-15
You don't need a special device that costs $$$

buy a universal SD card device, I got one at BestBuy for $8, takes 5 different card sizes. Has a USB port that you can plug into anything with a USB port.

I then bought a $3 cable that plugs into the power port of my Galaxy S5 with a USB adapter on the other end. Cable is 6 inches.

Can pull the card and look at the pictures on my phone in seconds. I normally will swap cards on my way to the stand, then in the stand look at the pictures.

09-Oct-15
I found a cheap tablet - its 7" so pretty portable in a pack.

it has a SD card slot.

I have not received yet - waiting for it to delivery.

its a Pandigital Novel 7 - multimedia E-reader

I will advise how it works once I get it in the mail

09-Oct-15
I had my daughter to get me one from Amazon recently that reads SD and microSD , fits in an old pill bottle and works with my Samsung G3.

09-Oct-15
Kevin, Do you have a link or picture of the reader that you plug into your iPhone?

09-Oct-15

crestedbutte's embedded Photo
crestedbutte's embedded Photo
For card readers I am thinking of getting this one for use with my I-phone 5, I-Pad or Kindle as it has the 2 different charging port configurations as well as standard size and mini SD card ports. Therefore this single card reader should be pretty universal no matter what the future might bring in trail camera development and features.

09-Oct-15
http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD822AM/A/lightning-to-sd-card-camera-reader

10-Oct-15
I bought two from Amazon called Whitetail "R" that work great on my LG Android. The reader comes with instructions but all you do is go to file manager and hit all files and then open the USB port. I think they were $19.00 each. A friend of mine hunts my farm with me and he used his camera but the card reader is much less trouble. The camera would say the card had to be formatted or it just couldn't read it but the Whitetail R works great on all the cards.

JimG

11-Oct-15
I've bought a couple cheap card readers for my iPad. I will be trying the apple product now. These have failed fairly quickly kind of like the cheap lightning cords you buy at gas stations. They're junk. Apple products are usually quality so I hope the card reader will be the same.

• Sitka Gear