IdyllwildArcher 08-Oct-15
midwest 08-Oct-15
IdyllwildArcher 09-Oct-15
LUNG$HOT 09-Oct-15
LiveOutdoors 09-Oct-15
midwest 09-Oct-15
oldgoat 09-Oct-15
08-Oct-15
Hey guys, I tripped over a log walking out of the woods last night and my bow went flying. I just got done shooting and I am shooting about 3 inches high. Looking over my bow, i think the rest moved a little. I adjusted my sight but it will not adjust anymore. I dont want to screw anything up with the best part of the season ahead of me. My question is, can I adjust my rest to make my shots lower or is that the last thing I want to do? If so which way do I go if Im shooting a little high?

Thanks, Joe

08-Oct-15
You move the sight up or you adjust your rest down in most cases. Shawn

08-Oct-15
Did your peep slip in the fall? That'll make you shoot high if you pulled it down.

08-Oct-15
Idly, it is the opposite, your peep you move the way you want to go. I should also say you can move your peep down a bit to shoot lower as well. The rear sight(peep)you move the way you want to go the front sight you move just the opposite of the way you want to go. Shawn

08-Oct-15
Thanks guys, i am going to start with moving the rest down a little and see what that does. Inlooked over the peep and it doesnt look or feel like it moved. I will look it over again. I havent had to adjust this bow in five years so Im a little rusty with the rest and the peep. I will keep you posted. Thanks again! Not many places you can go and have 3 responses in 15 minutes. Means alot

08-Oct-15
Before you adjust anything shoot through some paper. If you're shooting nock low then move your rest down. Also mark where things are now before you move them, then if it gets worse after adjustment you can put it back!

08-Oct-15
Hey guys so I took a closer look and my peep did move. I lowered in about an 1/8 inch so it was centered again and I am dead nuts on. Thanks greg for your advice. I did mark everything but was afraid to move stuff too much and end up way off. I just panicked a little since I wanted to hunt tomorrow and all weekend. I dont have a setup to do a paper test right now but I am very confident that it was just my peep. Thanks again guys. Time to draw some blood!

08-Oct-15
Glad you fixed your problem.

You should tie your peep in place with serving to prevent this from happening again. If you're not comfortable doing it, take it to the archery shop, those guys do serving a million times a day and could do it for you quickly.

08-Oct-15
Write down the distance from the top of your arrow nock to the center of your peep for a quick reference next time. Also, your nock point location from your rest with a bow square.

09-Oct-15
midwest, an easier way to do it is to take a sharpie and mark your string where your peep goes.

09-Oct-15
"I havent had to adjust this bow in five years so Im a little rusty with the rest and the peep."

I'd say most likely time for a new string if it's been 5 years. I know it sucks having to setup and tune your bow once it's dialed but that's a long time for a string especially if you shoot on a regular basis. Good luck this season.

09-Oct-15
Thats exactly what I did Idy. I marked it with a sharpy so that i will know if it moves again. I never realized that it could slide in that slot so I will have the bow shop look at it this morning.

Hey Lung this is the last year for this string. I brought it in midsummer and they said i have one more season left with this one. i know that is coming. I have to tell you guys, I shoot a Matthews Hyperlite and it is the most consistent bow i have ever shot. Its 6 years old and I will probabely not replace it for a long time. I was a little embarrassed for having to ask advise, but I havent had to touch a thing on it in so long. I think I was just freaking out a little to!

Thanks again guys

09-Oct-15
My peep is served in and nearly impossible to move so it's nearly a non-issue for me. Marking with a sharpie wouldn't work for me since my serving is covering where the center of the peep is. Sharpie marks wear off, too.

09-Oct-15
Get a silver sharpie marker and mark the location of stuff once you get it back in place and you know it is dialed in for sure

• Sitka Gear