glunker 01-May-16
Mule Power 01-May-16
huntingbob 01-May-16
oldgoat 03-May-16
Ridge Ghost 04-May-16
Tberg 07-May-16
Dino 08-May-16
01-Dec-15
Hey there, I'm just curious do you guys use apps on your smartphones for hunting and what are they? My list is very short, I mostly use these two great apps: - AccuWeather - for accurate weather predictions - Spyglass - the best gps app out there, I use it for navigation, marking waypoints and locations, sharing my gps coordinates with pals) Hope to make the list bigger with your help!

01-Dec-15
on x maps = best app ever

01-Dec-15
Which Spyglass app are you using? I have an Android and can't find it.

01-Dec-15
Mmm.. I just checked, apparently it's for ios only... And what's the best on Android?

01-Dec-15
Galaxy S5 Active/Android Operating System.

ScoutLookWeather has tweak its overhaul and is much user friendly now. The ScentCone in forecasting wind direction is imperative to have when planning a hunt.

Time2HuntLite gives the quickest Solunar projections and forecasts: sun & soon rise, set, underfoot and primary/secondary best times to hunt.

01-Dec-15
As far as I see Scoutlook is also available for ios, thanks! Need to check it out!

01-Dec-15
huntstand is another good one, nothing fancy but lets you keep track of your areas with ease

01-Dec-15
Antler Insanity very good.

01-Dec-15
New and improved Scoutlook does it all for me. C

01-Dec-15
I use scoutlook and it rocks!

01-Dec-15
I use scoutlook, however I like the old version better. I also use my topo pro from Trimble outdoors. I prefer the NOAA weather app over all the others. Radar now is good as having current radar. Some good workout apps are sports tracker as well as map my hike. Google earth doesn't get used a whole lot but Google maps does a lot. Ishoot3D isn't bad either for 3D's in the off season. If you hunt SD at all the SDGFP has a good app. They also have an atlas on there app for all the public hunting land.

01-Dec-15
Scout Look before they changed it, I use Huntstand now, easy and accurate

04-Dec-15
Use WI Pocket Ranger on IOS. Gives instant access to all WI hunting regulations, season/application dates, and sunrise / sunset for season open/closing times. This can be linked to your current location if you are hunting close to an increment timeline.

04-Dec-15
Yea the new scout look sucks.

On x maps in their Mobil versions are very intuitive. Since using my phone in place of my GPS I can see not buying any more chip sets.

05-Dec-15
for weather and wind I use STORM app. accuracy is better than anything else I have ever had.

05-Dec-15
Ditto on STORM, very useful app.

I use Sunrise Sunset Lite to see begin civil twilight, sunrise, sunset, and end civil twilight times.

05-Dec-15
I used scout look, but the new update hid all my marked spots from me.

06-Dec-15
I used to like Scout Look, but now it runs terrible on my phone and takes forever to update info. Shawn

06-Dec-15
huntstand. the mapping function is so good i use it on my iphone instead of the google maps for my gps while driving.

01-May-16
I liked trimble Navigator but they are no longer renewing subscriptions. Need something similar.

01-May-16
Game Planner maps is free but if I wanted to use an app I'd pay for their premium service so I could go mobile with it.

01-May-16
Draw odds for western states. Lets you look up how many needed to draw. Also Point Hunter keeps track of my points in the states I apply in.

03-May-16
I have been using Backcountry Navigator for about six years I think, don't plan on changing. Tried OnX, it was kind of busy with a lot of features I probably wouldn't use, plus it has an annual subscription rate that is higher than my one time cost with add ons for the program I use. Now I will caveat that with, it would work great looking for places to whitetail hunt on private land to find land owners. I only hunt public land though, so the private public land boundaries my app provides works good enough.

04-May-16
On X Maps for me

07-May-16
+1 on Game Planner Maps. I went with their premium membership. I really like making my own maps and the amount of data he has available is awesome. I've already made and downloaded over a dozen maps in five different states! Put the maps on the PDF maps app and its really slick!!

08-May-16
Blackberry- BeMaps...it's the bomb!!!

• Sitka Gear