Mike Ukrainetz 20-Mar-16
Mike Ukrainetz 27-Mar-16
Mike Ukrainetz 27-Mar-16
Mike Ukrainetz 05-May-16
15-Jan-16

Mike Ukrainetz's embedded Photo

Mike Ukrainetz's Link
We have 2 openings for two solo bear hunters. One opening May 2-7 and the other May 16-21. $4000 hunt for one bear, $1400 for a 2nd one. Lots of bears and big ones!

Shawn Engel from Wisconsin pictured above with a couple giants!

18-Jan-16

Here is another great bear, Bob Snyder from Minnesota with a solid 7 footer, 19+ inch head. This is the type of bear that I think just about everybody wants, took us 4 years of diligent hunting with multiple hunters to get this one. Smart bugger!

22-Jan-16

Or if you prefer a pumpkin headed black one, we have those too! Andrew Lusk from just a couple years ago, giant bear for sure.

26-Jan-16

Bernie Buiting from Michigan with a solid 7 foot, 300+ pound boar with an over 19 inch head. Really neat looking brown tones throughout his hide.

26-Jan-16
If you are wondering why our bear hunts are more expensive than many other places it isn't just because we have lots of bears and big ones and you get to stay in a nice lodge instead of a tent camp it is mainly because of our 2 bear limit. Now you may say you only want to kill one big bear but mistakes get made, small bears get shot, big fat sows with little heads get taken too and here you can redeem yourself without the expense of another bear hunt and shoot a 2nd bear right away.

You get to hunt for a 2nd bear for free, you pay the $1400 only if you kill. Who wouldn't want to maybe kill a big black and a big colored bear in one trip too?!

26-Jan-16
I have been to Alberta twice about 12 years ago and killed two nice bears on each trip. One was a big black and smaller blond. Next years was two big blacks. Outfitter didn't charge for second, but that was a long time ago. I was wondering why you were charging that much. $5400 for two bears is almost two trips depending where you go. I killed my biggest bear to date in Sask two years ago at 20" and saw bigger ones. Price was much lower but this place was hard to get to, but once you did, you knew why there were so many big bears. They followed you every where you want and had no fear of man. It was very uncomfortable just going outside to walk around. I am itching to go back to Alberta. Good luck to you this year.

26-Jan-16
If you ever tried running and setting baits, just getting into the country with snow and mud to set it all up ,paying guides,cooks ,camp help, wall tents or trailers and don't mention Quads half of them are broke from all the torture and mud, its just brutal on equipment.just add up all the fuel and diesel its not 1.69 a gallon up in that country. try rounding up bait and or buying it all. I helped several outfitters up there and theres a lot behind the scenes. half the time the outfitters are buying the allotment of tags trust me at 4000.00 its a labor of love.

28-Jan-16

Here is what your life size bear mount could look like! Me and the wife with a special delivery right in the middle of bear season. A 21 2/16 inch head and a 400 plus pound body on this beast of a bear, aged at 18 years old. Took it with my bow after all our hunters had gone home.

This was before we were using trail cameras. I saw the bear once at the bait site and we hunted him all spring with multiple hunters, never came in. I hunted it two evenings at the end of the season and he showed up for me, maybe he just thought it was the bait delivery guy sitting in the tree, nothing to worry about. He was wrong.

29-Jan-16
Casper, these hunts are worth the money. But hunt prices where boosted when gas prices went up and like everything else prices stayed up when gas prices went down. Mike U does have a great rep. Maybe if the second bear price wasn't so high. Joe

29-Jan-16
I'm doing everything I can to really manage my area for big, mature male bears. Part of that is purposely having the 2nd bear price high to discourage hunters from killing any bear just to say they got 2 bears. Ideally I want guys to hold out for a solid Pope and Young class boar and not kill off the young ones, especially the young coloured bears. A low 2nd bear price and trying to attain 2 kills for every hunter will just ruin your area in the long term, especially if you are running 30 hunters out of one location year after year. Our hunting has stayed great for over 20 years.

01-Feb-16

Six time repeat hunter Mark Fischer from Texas with an absolute giant, 430 lbs, 20 1/2 inch head, 7 1/2 foot hide. Spring bears don't usually get much bigger than this!

08-Feb-16

Roy Zimmerman with a 7 foot cinnamon.

08-Feb-16
Spectacular collection there!

10-Feb-16

Craig Hansen from Utah with a 405 lb, 20 4/16 skull monster. Keep in mind this is a spring weight bear, this bear would likely top 500 lbs in the fall. Craig took this bear on the first week of our hunts May 1-8. I love this week in that big, dominant bears will claim a bait as soon as they come out of the den and before they are breeding sows. If a boar shows up on camera in daylight that week, he is in big trouble, an almost 100% chance to kill him or at least get a shot, especially with our new wooden ground blinds and an ozonics scent suppressor, the bear has no idea that the deadly hunter is waiting in the dark shadows of the ground blind!

We will only be running 3 hunters that week this year, 1 on 1 guided with 30 baits to choose from, every single hunter will be sitting a bait with a big, daylight hitting boar. Bad weather and an unusually late spring are the only wild cards. We have very low snow levels so far this year though. Our hunts are fairly expensive because we do things differently than everyone else.

10-Feb-16
I have been to Mike's camp for Mule Deer but i have been on 20 bear hunts in Ontario, Manitoba, Sask, and Alberta,and would like to add a couple of points here in favor of Mike's camp. I would hunt here for bears but i have enough of them and i am spending my money on other hunts now.

Not only is Mike a bow hunter, he manages his area for Pope and Young Class bears, and he does it the right way. I have been in camps where things are a crap shoot; here you have a reliable outfitter.

Secondly, you can go to other camps here and there and everywhere and spend a hell of lot more money over time than if had gone to this camp first, and you would have had a P/Y bear right off.

25-Feb-16

Thanks cambow. I still vividly remember that awesome 55 yard shot you made on that bedded, sleeping muley! His eyes popped open when he heard the arrow in mid flight.

I thought I had the bear hunt spots sold last week but they are still open, May 1-8 when the big boars come out of the den and dominate a bait or May 15-22 when the number of bears on the baits probably hits it's peak numbers. We have had hunters see 40-50 different bears that week! It can be incredible.

Pictured above is a solid Poper bear Neal Weiler killed a couple years ago the 1st week in May, had to winch our 4 wheelers through the snow to bait the site.

03-Mar-16

Another monster bear, 7 foot 8 inch hide! Just huge, 20 inch skull. Weighed 420 lbs. John Hubbard from Texas. We had been trying to kill this bear for 2 years but he was always a nighttime hitter, I put John on the bait after he had already killed a great colored bear. I knew it was a long shot that the bear would come in daylight hours but that very evening the giant came in the last 5 minutes of legal light.

We also just got another cancellation so now we have another spot open for a solo hunter, May 22-29 too. I COULD GIVE $500 OFF THE $4000 HUNT COST ON ANY OF THE 3 WEEKS. Email [email protected] or call me at 780 864 3770 for more info.

With the mild winter we are having and the very low snow levels I could even book 2 hunters in for the week of May 1-8 with a $500 discount each. That would make just 4 hunters in camp that first week of the hunts, I'm very comfortable giving 4 guys a great hunt that early week. (Normal is 6 hunters per week)

03-Mar-16
Very nice bears!! Can't wait to bait!

04-Mar-16

John's 2nd bear or really his first one 18 3/4 skull. 300 lbs. A solid 7 footer.

06-Mar-16
"We have had hunters see 40-50 different bears that week! It can be incredible."

I have hunted with Mike 3 times. The first time I killed 2 P&Y bears on the same night... 10 minutes a part...on day 3! One of them was color phase! A week later another guy shot an even bigger bear on the same bait - (which I had pics and video of same bear). I saw approx. 40 bears in 3 days it was a circus!

06-Mar-16
I've never hunted with Mike but I have hunted in an area not too far from where he is. To say you'll see 40-50 bears a week is not at all a stretch. Bear hunting in Alberta is an absolutely incredible experience - one everyone who likes to hunt bears should do at least once in their lifetime. Lots and lots of bears and lots and lots of big ones to.

06-Mar-16
That sounds like a great hunt if I didn't have a turkey hunt set up for that first week in may I would take him up on that hunt

19-Mar-16

I feel like an auctioneer but $1000 DISCOUNT OFF THE HUNT PRICE FOR ANY OF THE 3 WEEKS! $3000 one bear hunt cost instead of $4000.

We could take 2 hunters May 1-8, would make just 4 hunters in camp or one hunter May 15-22 or one guy/gal May 22-29. Very mild winter this year, low snow levels, we will be in the woods early setting up more of our ultra stealthy wooden ground blinds, the deadliest way to hunt the giant, old boars! Plus you can nap if you get tired, bears can't get in it.

19-Mar-16

One down, repeat hunter took one spot, two to go. $3510 total hunt cost, with tax and license, for one bear and you could be lining up your bow on a broadside monster bear like the one above! We didn't kill him...yet.

($1400 for a 2nd bear)

19-Mar-16
If I don't get drawn for elk in NM or Arizona I'm looking to go on a last minute bear hunt. I'll make sure to check to see if you have any spots left if that happens.

19-Mar-16
Mike gets it done week after week year after year

20-Mar-16

Thanks Bou'bound. We already have 10,000 lbs of meat scraps collected and a 45,000 lb semi load of licorice coming tomorrow. We will feed somewhere between 350-450 different bears for 2 months on our 30 bait sites.

The hunt dates left are May 1-8 for 1-2 hunters or May 22-29 for 1 hunter, bit of a different hunt on those 2 weeks but both excellent hunting either week.

Pictured is a great genetics colored bear that we didn't kill last year, he showed up for the first time towards the end of our season. The long legs, tall shoulders and long body indicate a big frame, he will be a well filled out 7 ft+ stud this spring!

27-Mar-16

Finally, all booked up for this spring! Repeat bear hunter Randy Ginest from Kansas took the last 2 spots. Randy has an incredible whitetail bowhunting operation in Kansas and he loves to hunt big bears with us, 3rd time. We will see what he gets this year!!

Randy's 7 footer from last year pictured above.

27-Mar-16

and Randy's bear from the year before, another great 7 footer. He killed both bears on the same bait on the exact same day, one year apart, amazing. Even had the same hat and shirt on.

05-May-16

Snooze you lose, haha. You could have been the bear killer, not Randy.

For anyone still itching to do a spring bear hunt my head guide Kyle Mudge does still have an opening or two for this spring June 5-12 in his Eagle Eye Tent camp. He only has one other hunter in camp that week and he will have multiple choices of big bears to hunt. You will only be sitting a bait with a record book, 7 foot bear. Just as good a hunt as ours.

HE IS WILLING TO GIVE A GREAT DISCOUNTED DEAL ON THE HUNT, at least $1000 off the $3500 basic hunt cost. Call him 780 850 9024 if you are serious, leave a message if he doesn't answer, he is guiding everyday right now but he will call you back.

• Sitka Gear