Mathews Inc.
Alberta Elk & Moose Combo Hunt Openings!
Elk
Contributors to this thread:
Mike Ukrainetz 17-Jan-16
Wapiti 18-Jan-16
Mike Ukrainetz 19-Jan-16
Mark Watkins 19-Jan-16
Mike Ukrainetz 19-Jan-16
SixLomaz 19-Jan-16
Mike Ukrainetz 19-Jan-16
cmbbulldog 19-Jan-16
Mike Ukrainetz 22-Jan-16
Mike Ukrainetz 26-Jan-16
Mike Ukrainetz 27-Jan-16
bigkev42 27-Jan-16
Mike Ukrainetz 01-Feb-16
Jaquomo 02-Feb-16
Sage Buffalo 02-Feb-16
Mike Ukrainetz 02-Feb-16
Mike Ukrainetz 04-Feb-16
bigkev42 04-Feb-16
Mike Ukrainetz 08-Feb-16
Mike Ukrainetz 25-Feb-16
Snelloutdoors 25-Feb-16
Barty1970 26-Feb-16
Mike Ukrainetz 29-Feb-16
Mike Ukrainetz 29-Feb-16
Mike Ukrainetz 03-Mar-16
17-Jan-16

Mike Ukrainetz's embedded Photo

Mike Ukrainetz's Link
Hi Bowsiters, two openings have come up for 2 hunters for our elk and moose combo bowhunt this fall 2016. It is a great rut elk hunt, Sept 7-14, with a fantastic chance to take a good elk and the possibility to take a moose all in one hunt. $6000 basic hunt cost per person, let me know if you are interested?

Pictured is the famous Mark Watkins with a great bull he took with us a few years back.

18-Jan-16
That's a great offer Mike,

I hope some lucky guys jump on it and come up and check out the beautiful Elk country we live in. In September it is breath taking and awesome complete with bugling elk !

I'm bumping this up so many folks can see it. Good luck in 2016 !! Wishing you guys a great and successful year.

Travis Wapiti River Outdoors

19-Jan-16

Here is guide Kyle Mudge's consolation rifle kill elk after missing a big 300 inch bull in bow season. We can hunt elk with bow or rifle in the rut, a rare thing to be able to do across North America.

19-Jan-16
OK...two bowhunters need to jump on this. I was and am a very satisfied paying customer of Mike's...

This was an incredible hunt that I would do again in a heartbeat other than this really bad case of sheep fever that has consumed my brain.

Four hunters in camp that week and we went 100% on shot opportunity resulting in two dead bulls. My buddy hit a 320 ish bull in the shoulder and we all know how those shots turn out. Mike himself killed at 335"+ bull last year or the year before. The bulls are very vocal early to mid September and thus susceptible to set ups with shots of 20-40 yards as some areas of the bush are quite thick.

I was lucky to kill my elk early in the week which allowed me to then move on to moose. I needed to close another 30 yards in order to get a shot at a 45"+ bull moose but I just didn't get it done. I saw 23-25 moose on the trip.

The Peace River Region is incredible rich in game...elk, moose, WT deer, mule deer, black bears, wolves, coyotes and fox. The terrain is mixed...bush, Ag land, tributaries and then the vast Peace River drainage.

The resident bow hunters are almost non existent...I did not see one in the week I was there.

The guides are excellent and thus most of them have been with Mike for a very long time..this is a statement both ways!

This hunt has guaranteed tags.

Feel free to PM with any questions.

Mark

19-Jan-16
Thanks for your input on this hunt Mark. I forget sometimes about how many moose we often see on this hunt, it just isn't easy to get shots at them at this time of the year. It is fun trying though, especially in the nice early fall weather.

19-Jan-16
Hello Mike,

Is the price in Canadian dollars?

What exactly is included in the price?

Thank you.

19-Jan-16
The price is in US dollars. Extra costs are 5% GSTax and $550 elk license and a $500 moose license plus maybe a tip for your hard working guide and cook. Tip amount is up you.

19-Jan-16
Mike runs a great outfit. Had a wonderful hunt with him last year (deer), and wouldn't hesitate going back. Beautiful scenery, great animals, and a lot of fun.

22-Jan-16

Here is another great bull I took with my bow, got this one at the tail end of the rut in the general rifle season after our bowhunters were all done for the year.

We do also have a 1 on 1 guided rifle elk rut hunt for this fall Sept 23-29 for anyone interested? Even though it is 1 on 1 guided we are charging the same as our 2 on 1 guided hunt, $6000. There are few places where you can hunt elk with a rifle in the rut! It's a fun hunt!!

26-Jan-16

Here is an archery moose we took on the elk and moose combo hunt. Dale White from Ontario. You don't want to book this hunt if a moose is your primary goal but it is nice to know you can shoot one if you run into one. Our area has tons of moose, on good days in the rut and post rut we can see over 40 moose in a single day. We do see moose on a fairly regular basis on this hunt too but it just isn't easy to get bow shots in this pre-rut time of the year. You never know when one will be standing in the woods waiting for your arrow!

27-Jan-16

Tim Komar from Wisconsin with a good archery bull from 2013.

27-Jan-16
Sounds like a great archery combo hunt. Huhmm.

01-Feb-16

Sam Finch from PA also from 2013 with a heavy 5 pointer.

02-Feb-16
Sounds like a great deal for someone who doesn't live in the west. Are these Shiras moose?

Some nice bulls. Love the mass on a couple of those!

02-Feb-16
Mike sent you a PM.

02-Feb-16
They are Canadian Moose by Pope and Young, Boone and Crockett and SCI. We do run into some big 40-50 inch bull moose but they just are not easy to get shots at, very tough animal to hunt outside of the rut, at least with a bow. It really is a great elk hunt with the CHANCE to take a moose.

Sage buffalo, I can't find the pm? Give me a call 780 864 3770 or shoot me an email at [email protected]. Thanks!

04-Feb-16

Here is another good archery bull in 2014 taken by first time elk hunter Greg Pridgen.

04-Feb-16
If I wasn't book d I would be all over this. Sounds great.

08-Feb-16

Robb Gottenburg pictured here was teamed up with Greg for his 2 hunters to 1 guide hunt and he too got a good bull.

25-Feb-16

Here is a good archery bull I took in the area you would be hunting. It isn't an easy time to hunt the moose but killing a bull like this is a definite possibility.

25-Feb-16
I've been hunting with Mike on two different trips first class operation and A Game rich environment this is a great hunt

26-Feb-16
Ahhhhh....stop with the temptation, already!!!

My darling wife and I are keen to visit Canada...and tagging an elk hunt on is even more of an incentive

29-Feb-16

29-Feb-16

We only have one spot left on this hunt! Book it and you might even kill a bull as big as this one that I got lucky on. A few big, 320+ class bulls get killed every year in my zone. Some parts are big, thick jungly woods and if a bull figures out how to hide in them he can live to a ripe old age, I know of 2 bulls that were killed that scored over 400.

03-Mar-16
I am now offering a $500 discount to bowsiters on this hunt, down to $5500 from $6000. Just the one spot left for one hunter, Sept 7-14, 2016. Only 4 hunters in camp with 3 great guides. You need to be in very good physical shape to do this hunt properly. Send me an email [email protected] or call me at 780 864 3770 for more details, thanks.

• Sitka Gear