Mule Power 03-Feb-16
Bake 03-Feb-16
midwest 03-Feb-16
WapitiBob 03-Feb-16
BULELK1 06-Feb-16
Bill in MI 06-Feb-16
18-Jan-16
'morning All,

Feels good having my Wyo Elk appl done before the 20th for sure!

Going for 9 out of the last 10 years Any Elk----'cheapie fee' of course! haha

Good luck, Robb

18-Jan-16
ditto....even did cheapie draw this year, Robb! Looooong odds LE tag.

Good luck to everyone!

18-Jan-16
I'm in. Cheap, borderline, but hopeful.

18-Jan-16
decisions decisions...

18-Jan-16
I'm in for Unit 38 Type 9. I should draw.

18-Jan-16
I just need a few people to switch units and a little luck to draw this year. Couldn't justify paying the "special" to secure the tag for sure.

18-Jan-16
Went in for Gen tag with a party of 4...PPs of 1.5...good chance to draw..

Joe

18-Jan-16
When can we apply for the non resident Mule deer?

18-Jan-16
"When can we apply for the non resident Mule deer?"

Jan 1 thru May 31

18-Jan-16
Sivart---Although you can apply now for deer and antelope there is really no reason to give them your money this early in the application period. I'd suggest you wait until the first half of May well after the Final Regulations with tag numbers are posted in late April on the G&F website.

18-Jan-16
Thanks for the info. I always try and do it now, because I get so busy after this month, I lose track.

18-Jan-16
I'm in with 4pp and good odds maybe this year.

18-Jan-16
Got mine in last week.

1st choice, Unit 45, which I don't expect to draw with just four points. 2nd choice, General, which I do expect to draw.

I love the WY draw since they moved it up to January. If you apply before the last week but have screwed up your application, they will CALL YOU to correct it! Been there, done that. Terrific Customer Service.

Because it's early, once the results come out, win or lose, you still have time to shift gears and change your plans if necessary.

19-Jan-16
Got my application in. Gen tag, special draw. With one point I should get my tag. Was going to try and draw as a second choice but didn't want to risk the 50/50 odds (based on last year).

19-Jan-16
Good for you guys!

I have shared those short vid's with a few bowsiters Nick of 31/32 elk units.

Kinda comical as most replied that it looks nothing like what they thought from 'Google Earth' scouting! ha

Good luck, Robb

19-Jan-16
Sounds like this may be the last year for the early Wyo draw and it will be moving to the same dates as the antelope/deer.

Appreciate the vids, Robb....it's some cool looking country!

19-Jan-16
That would be disappointing if they change the draw. It's nice to know you have a tag before you apply in other states.

19-Jan-16
Where are you hearing they might move the draw out to the antelope/deer dates? That would be disappointing.

19-Jan-16
I hold off on submitting my Wyoming Apps until I get results in Colorado for Sheep- Just in case I draw I don't want to burn my WY points in a year I cannot use them...

Chances of drawing Desert Sheep is probably not worth doing that for, but who knows It would be nice to draw my 5th Colorado Ram tag...

19-Jan-16
"Where are you hearing they might move the draw out to the antelope/deer dates? That would be disappointing."

I copied this from another site:

"Apparently this drawing may be illegal. Statutes require the Commission to set seasons and quotas and the Dept is issuing NR licenses before that is done and before the public comment periods are held. It is a violation of the Administrative Procedures Act for Wyoming.

The 'cat is out of the bag' on this, as the Dept is going through an audit for the Gov's Task Force and the early draw has been brought up as an audit question. Bottom line, future NR elk drawings most likely will coincide with deer & antelope."

19-Jan-16
Flying out to China Saturday to get married, so got my elk app out of the way this morning. First time I chose to apply in the special draw because I have low points (2). Good value if I can draw. As I get close to the points required I'll switch back to regular fee.

19-Jan-16
Congrats, Zim....that's quite the destination wedding!

19-Jan-16
Hehe ya Thailand for honeymoon too. Won't mind the beach it's like zero outside here! Not used to this kind of travel.

19-Jan-16
As mid posted They need commission approval of the quotas and they're not doing that for the nr side of the elk draw. Most of the quotas stay the same from when they're set up in dec/Jan for the nr side but they do change. I've gotten the quotas prior to the nr elk draw and compared to their public meeting numbers and some change. Oopsey

They aren't too keen on handing them over and make you file a public info request. The first one was a freebe but not anymore.

20-Jan-16
When is the deadline for Wyoming elk?

20-Jan-16
End of the month.

20-Jan-16
I'm in

20-Jan-16
Waiting for OK from leg doc before I can put in. Monday will tell the story!

ElkNut1

21-Jan-16
Hope you get a good report Elknut and a great hunt

21-Jan-16
Just tell him you want the juice. I've had a needle in most every joint.

21-Jan-16
Injuries Suck Paul----I hope it plays out well for ya.

Good luck, Robb

21-Jan-16
Thanks guys! Bob, what's the juice?

I was told by a physical therapist it may be shin splints, not sure what those are? Anyway keeping fingers crossed for a WY draw this year! (grin)

ElkNut1

21-Jan-16
My son and I went all in, non resident max points for both 10 each and we bucked up some hard earned cash for the special draw unit 24. We will see how that plays out. If we draw were going archery hunting for 2 weeks. Good luck to everyone else in the Draw Dan in AZ

21-Jan-16
You'll draw. Good luck!

25-Jan-16
Put in my app.....then I'm changing it. My outfitter felt good about my chances to draw with 8 pts where he is at. But after his show he had in Denver talk to a lot of guys with The same ....so doing special. Said he was going to split the cost with me which I think is very gracious for an outfitter to do that. So figure why not.....I have the week of work for the hunt and would be totally bummed if I didn't draw. Have no plan B

26-Jan-16
Dang nice of the Outfitter to do that Tommy!

Good luck, Robb

27-Jan-16
Just got my WY App in! I have max points, hope it serves me well! (grin) Good luck everyone!

ElkNut1

28-Jan-16
I'm in...finally. It's gets tough when your going to draw multiple states...again...lol

28-Jan-16
Done. I have a slim chance but it is a chance.

29-Jan-16
Good for you guys.

I hope the Draw Gods shine down upon us all! haha

Good luck, robb

29-Jan-16
Rob, thanks & best of luck to you too!

ElkNut1

01-Feb-16
Was invited to hunt with a friend and could not pass it up. I decided to put in at 9:30 last night for a general tag, fingers are crossed!

01-Feb-16
First time in the draw this year.....its a long shot but you never know, Right? Hoping I get a little first time luck and can go explore something new....not in Colorado!!!

01-Feb-16

Mule Power's embedded Photo
Mule Power's embedded Photo
Wyoming elk app. lol

02-Feb-16
Waited until the 11th hour but got ours in. I burned my max points a couple years ago on a unit 54 tag so only 1 point this year. Also planning to draw Region G deer with max points so will be busy in September / early October. Therefore put in for the late 53-2 hunt in the special draw. My 15 year old son has 4 points but can't get away from school until late October so also put him in for the 53-2 late hunt but in the cheaper regular draw(youth fee). Hoping one of us gets lucky.

My two older sons both have max deer and elk points so waiting for them to finish up college so I can get them back out hunting. Hoping to have some great hunts with them in a few years.

03-Feb-16
Finished mine up tonight.

03-Feb-16
Runnin' late Bob? Your post is dated 2/3. Did you modify your app or something?

Good luck to you!

03-Feb-16
Can someone remind me when the results usually come out? I forget, do we get WY results before NM deadline?

03-Feb-16
Last week of Feb, Bake.

03-Feb-16
yep, get something on paper then change as needed. Results should be Feb 23.

06-Feb-16
It is the fastest draw turn around in the world!! haha

Good luck, Robb

06-Feb-16
Tick tock- Although, I'm 90% sure I'll get my tag, the anticipation and planning is 1/2 the thrill

• Sitka Gear