lopezoscar03 08-Feb-16
TD 08-Feb-16
Beendare 08-Feb-16
lopezoscar03 17-Feb-16
Russell 17-Feb-16
kota-man 17-Feb-16
Neubauer 17-Feb-16
21-Jan-16
hey whats up everyone. im in the market for a hard bow case. ive been looking at a few different models and just wanted to see if you guys could help me source one because prices vary so much from site to site. also which case do you guys think would be best

http://www.skbcases.com/sports/sku.php?cat=12&pid=8

http://www.skbcases.com/sports/sku.php?cat=12&pid=9

http://www.badlandspacks.com/terra-glide-wheeled-trunk-btgbl

thanks again everyone

21-Jan-16
Those do look like nice cases. Are you looking for a case that you can use with the quiver attached to the bow? I have the Plano AW Bow Case Bone Collector Series case and really like it. I paid $119 for mine on Amazon. The only downside is I cant have the quiver attached when I close it - I have a Bowtech RPM 360.

21-Jan-16
what i am really looking for is something that will protect my elite 32 during flights. i know how the airport ppl can be with baggage

21-Jan-16
Check out Pole Mountain cases.

Used mine on a trip to Africa last summer & had no issues with it.

21-Jan-16
Hard to beat SKB. Midway, Amazon and maybe basspro sells them.. Good luck

21-Jan-16
I'm not sure if your Elite 32 will fit in the Badlands. My 28" ATA bow fits. I have flown with the Terra Glide and my Z7X twice once to Alaska and last week to Mexico...Works great. Had my other bow on this last trip in a SKB hard case.

21-Jan-16
I'm going to call tomorrow and see if they can tell me if it fits

21-Jan-16
the skb is the only one for flying, the plano cases are junk. look at skb warranty and you will see.

21-Jan-16
Yeah that is what I was thinking. I just have read good things about the terra glide

21-Jan-16
SKB all the way. We've used SKB Double bow cases for 7 trips to Canada without incident. The point I like best is there's even room for rain gear, safety harness and ouw bow repair kit. Their warranty is bullet proof and the guarantee against equipment damage leads the pack.

We've taken Lakewood double cases on two trips without incident. They're exceptional products with plenty of room for stuff. I wasn't a fan of the yard weight and lack of roller wheels.

21-Jan-16
where do you think would be the best place to purchase from? i have read people finding good deals on them but i cant find anything

21-Jan-16
the e32 will fit in a badlands rolling duffel,i put my e32 in my badlands with no trouble. I did put the bow in a bow case as extra insurance

21-Jan-16
that is a good idea brantman

21-Jan-16
Pole mountain without a doubt. Can fit 2 bows no problems. I've have 2 skb cases and both have been broken. Usually the top caves. I can literally stand on it. Large enough to pack your bow+clothes+pack.

21-Jan-16
I've been looking at all the suggestions listed. The pole mountain, beside their website, anywhere else they sell them?

21-Jan-16
Pole Mountain is a good case.

I would look at Optics Planet for a deal on a SKB case

Tuffpak is also an excellent bow case. Probably the toughest of all and can hold bow, gear and clothing.

21-Jan-16
Used my bowfile on flight to Colorado with no issues.

21-Jan-16
Occasionally there will be a Pole Mountain case on Ebay, but not very often. I think I called them & bought mine directly from the company. I also have packed my Mathews Switchback xt in my Terra-glide on a couple of trips with no problems, however, I felt a lot more confident with my bow being in the Pole Mountain case.

If you do go with the Terra-glide, I would suggest trying to get it in black or a solid color, not camo. Less chance of some bunny-hugging baggage handler messing with it.

21-Jan-16
I have a diamond plate aluminum case ( Cabelas ) I bought about 8 years ago ..it is wheeled has recessed locks and worked well on two airline travel hunts. Pack some clothes around everything an all is good. I would never leave the quiver attached even if it fits. I believe it is big enough to fit most any compound out there. Fits my Hoyt 35 inch A to A bow.

22-Jan-16
so here is what i found

i can get this case for $160 shipped http://www.skbcases.com/sports/sku.php?cat=12&pid=9

and i can get the terra glide for $149.99 shipped

22-Jan-16
I actually use a Pelican double rifle case. My bow fits great if I remove the stabilizer. Pelicans are really tough and mine has been to Alaska , Idaho and Canada several times with no problems. I gun hunt often as well so it comes in handy for that. I've never had a gun " knocked off zero" when I arrived at my destination .

22-Jan-16
I do have a double rifle pelican case that I use to transport my rifle and shotgun for hunting. I could order some extra foam and have it ready for either.

22-Jan-16
I just bought a new SKB double bowcase after Christmas. Best deal I found (price and shipping) was OpticsPlanet.com

They had them on sale (not sure if that is still going on?) with free shipping...and free return shipping if you don't like the case once it arrives.

22-Jan-16
https://rochester.craigslist.org/spo/5384988477.html

My coworker is selling this double bow SKB... will fit an E32 just fine.

Maybe more than what you're looking for but its in mint condition way cheaper than new.

22-Jan-16
Do you think he would ship it?

22-Jan-16
Check your PMs

22-Jan-16
thanks Chronic. PM replied

ill keep the search going

22-Jan-16

Beendare's embedded Photo
Beendare's embedded Photo
I have an SKB and a Plano...

but now use my Sitka Nomad exclusively- wink- It kills the other two

Edit; I pack my bow in a cheapie Walmart soft cordura case at the bottom of the Nomad, [nice to have on the hunt too] then pile gear and clothes in...as it only weighs 11#, so I can get a lot in there besides just a bow for one piece of luggage...I can stand on the thing when packed and not screw up my bow.

08-Feb-16
no one else have any input on the bowfile. i am pretty much deciding between the skb and bowfile

08-Feb-16
I've seen that Sitka somewhere before.... =D

IMO if you're flying with a bow... the case having wheels is mandatory.

Maneuvering in airports, you can put the other bag (in my case a cooler) on top of it, backpack as carry on over the shoulder and wheel everything off anywhere in one easy trip. Can't count the number of times I've had to walk from one end of the airport to the other. Only thing I carry is the pack on my shoulder.

My next mod is I tear out whatever foam is in it. Put my bow in a soft case (real handy when you get where you're going sometimes) and pack hunting clothes, etc. around it. Arrows go in an MTM arrow case, broadheads installed, spun, ready to go. Only questioned once about it as some airlines state nothing but archery equipment in the case. No clothing, etc. She said as such to me inspecting the bag.... big smile and told her "that's not clothing.... that's padding" she laughed and sent me merrily on my way....

Love my Kalispell aluminum double case, many many thousands of miles on it with no issues. Polly last me the rest of my life. Even have a sticker on the outside saying "Professional Bowhunter" that came with some archery stuff bought years and years ago. So much for the stealth approach, heheheheh... But I understand they don't make it anymore. Too bad. Bombproof case.

If looking again I'd look hard at the Sitka/Badlands rolling duffels, making sure my bow fit first. The double wheeled SKBs are pretty sweet too.

08-Feb-16
Yeah, TD that case is a monster...

....heck you don't even need a bow....you can drop that case on them and kill em!

17-Feb-16

lopezoscar03's embedded Photo
lopezoscar03's embedded Photo
Ended up with the terra glide

17-Feb-16

Russell's embedded Photo
Russell's embedded Photo
I sold my Lakewood Bowfile because it looked too much like hunting gear and wanted something tougher and with wheels.

Bought a Tuffpak. Nearly bullet proof and doesn't resemble hunting gear.

17-Feb-16
Something to be said about the Tuffpak looking like golf clubs.

I've traveled with the Badlands Terra Glide and a couple different SKB cases. Both have worked flawlessly. When I have a bow that fits, I 'll take the Badlands in most cases.

17-Feb-16
X2 Beendare! I have over 26 flights without incident (knock on wood). I only have one checked bag and then my carry on.

• Sitka Gear