kylet 08-Feb-16
BigRed 08-Feb-16
TD 08-Feb-16
BigRed 08-Feb-16
Heat 08-Feb-16
Coyote 65 08-Feb-16
kylet 08-Feb-16
24-Jan-16
For years I had been letting my outfitter do my elk applications. This year I thought I'd do it myself just to save time and not having to front the money. I get thru the whole application process and submit but it doesn't go thru. It just keeps taking me to a page that says something like the page you requested is not available and "this is un-bear-able, and to start over.

It happened 4 times and I've triple checked all my info and CC info. I'm in the system with multiple bonus points. When I put my SS and birthdate in it automatically pulls all my info up.

Anybody have any ideas on what I'm doing wrong or if the system is down??

Thanks

24-Jan-16
I've heard of this happening quite a bit. Most have said they are being charged every time and have had to call game and fish to get the extra charges reversed.

24-Jan-16
Gobbler - I had that happen with the spring draw and got overcharged numerous times. Keep all your receipts and your CC statement. I called numerous times and they said they are processing the refunds and after three months I took all my receipts and cc statement, since I wasn't getting any refunds, and said lets talk. They refunded me the money due. I was disappointed because if I wouldn't of went in I don't believe I would of gotten my refunds.

On a good note I applied yesterday morning for the fall and it went through without a hitch.

24-Jan-16
Ok, thanks guys. I did it 4 times so I may get charged 4 times but I don't know if I'm even in the draw??

Guess I'll be on phone to AZ game and fish in the morning.

Thanks again!

24-Jan-16
Had this issue in the spring draw and I was buying a new license. Eventually I was charged for multiple license purchases and bonus points. About 3 weeks later the extra charges were reversed.

Had no issue this time but did have need to buy a license.

24-Jan-16
This same thing happened to me earlier in the day. Tried it twice and decided to hold off and try again later this week. Will check my cc to see if I was charged for each attempt. Frustrating.

24-Jan-16
I just did mine this evening. I had to purchase the license first. Then I had to apply and it worked.

I don't understand why you can't do it all in one transaction.

They really need to update their system so it's user friendly.

Very annoying!

24-Jan-16
Same thing happened to me a couple days ago on the Elk application. I got the "un-bearable" error message twice. However, 2 receipts were sent to my email. I tried the Antelope and it went through just fine. I already had a license, so the double charge was only for $15, so not really concerned about the money, but I dang sure want to know if I'm in the draw or not. I will be call this week.

24-Jan-16
I didn't get any confirmation e-mails or anything from AZ game and fish.

I did try and buy license with application for elk. Maybe I will try buying license first then apply a little later?

Thanks

24-Jan-16
I wonder if you guys ended up in the draw more than once

24-Jan-16
Well, I went in and bought my license then exited. I printed my license then went back in and applied for elk. I noticed my new license # was in the system and it let me apply and it went right thru this time.

Very confusing, it leads you to believe that you can purchase new license while you are applying but apparently at least for me it wouldn't let me do it and gave no explanation as to why???

I apply online in multiple states every year and this was by far my worst experience. No wonder my outfitter had been having me do paper applications for years. With AZ having such great hunting I would have expected a better online application process. I have taken my best elk and mule deer in AZ and would like to draw another tag. I guess I need to call my credit card company to see how many charges I have. LOL, but at least I know I have an application in now.

Thanks everyone for the help

24-Jan-16
I got two receipts for my elk app. One has payment information on it the other don't My Antelope app also has payment information on it.

25-Jan-16
I bought my license at the same time I applied, no problem.

With as many system screw ups like gobblers as I've heard about, I wonder how many guys are going to get screwed out of their application or are in the draw multiple times or how accurate the draw process even works.

25-Jan-16
Same experience as you gobbler.

1st time same error as you.

2nd time , I used Google chrome (first time was i.e.) and it went through..

I got two emails and two charges.

Had to call and square it up.

25-Jan-16
1st trans- License bought with elk app. 2nd transaction- Applied for pronghorn. No issues here.

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a mess for you guys.

I wish you could buy a license and apply for all avail species instead of exiting and starting over. Seems dumb.

Bill

25-Jan-16
Simple call AZ and let them help you thru it.

25-Jan-16
Put my wife and I in on separate applications as we both have lifetime licenses and both went thru without a hitch. got both the email confirmations. same thing on antelope.

25-Jan-16
What a mess! The deadline is always the second Tuesday in February, this year February 9th 2016. Don't be surprised if they extend the deadline again like they have the last few years due to screw ups like what is going on above. The thing that really chaps my butt is they charge us almost triple what it used to cost to apply and application process and draw system is worse than what it ever used to be.

25-Jan-16
Good you guys are getting all the bugs worked out now! Should be smooth going for the rest of us from here on out. Thanks!

25-Jan-16
"Put my wife and I in on separate applications as we both have lifetime licenses..."

Just curious, why does the fact that you both have lifetime licenses mean that you need to, or will derive a benefit from, applying on separate applications?

25-Jan-16
Just finished my app for AZ. I followed what some of you other guys tried, buying my license first, logging out and proceeding to my application. Everything went smoothly. Also, both printed without windows 10. Good luck.

25-Jan-16
it has nothing to do with the lifetime licenses. I have twice the bonus points that she does and mine are all archery. she is in for muzzy. that's the reason for the separate applications. That comment was made to that fact that we had four applications with out a hitch and maybe because we had a license already there were no issues.

26-Jan-16
I followed up with my CC company and it was ok. 1 charge for license and 1charge for elk application.

26-Jan-16
Points are for species not weapon!

29-Jan-16
So with these new application changes can you turn a tag back and still gain a point? If I understand correctly, I could turn the tag back and get the point. However I would still have to pay the tag fees correct? Reason I ask is I have 17 PTS and I am hopping to draw the San Juan Archery tag here in UT, but still want to apply for AZ just incase I don't draw in UT.

29-Jan-16
How many points do you have in Utah?

29-Jan-16
IdyllwildArcher, I have 17 Res points in UT and 12NR for AZ.

29-Jan-16
Dal, the answer is no. Tag return might be ready for the Deer draw.

29-Jan-16
Boy, I think I'd put in for a point in AZ until I drew that UT tag. I'd be pretty surprised if you didn't draw it this year.

30-Jan-16
I think that is what I will do Idyll, Point for AZ since their is no option of tag return. Fingers crossed for the SJ in Utah... Thanks Wapitibob for answering that question & good luck to all you guys in the AZ Elk draw.

30-Jan-16
BowhunterDal, If you draw that SJ tag, PLEASE come back here and post up a story and pics!

30-Jan-16
Got my Az. appl. done and it went real smooth.

'Ya Gotta Believe' for Utah SJ Dal--!!

Good luck, Robb

30-Jan-16
Got mine done this morning. Based on feedback from this thread, I purchased the license alone first.

No issues.

01-Feb-16
Not working now. You get to the point where you get to pick the hunt number and it comes back with an error page that says "unbearable".

Terry

01-Feb-16
Logged on and bought a license went back to home page then to big game draw put in foe elk then went back to big game draw and put in for goat...done. no proplem.

02-Feb-16
Midwest +1

BB's "Season on the San Juan" thread from a few years back is one of the best threads ever!

03-Feb-16
+2!

03-Feb-16
I would love to read this thread from BB, anyone know how to find it? I have spent every season since 2009 on the SJ helping out archery elk hunters. That is a very special place to me and my Dad! If I draw this years archery tag I will have him looking over my shoulder with the Cannon getting the entire thing on video. I hope to get some great footage and I will definitely put together a clip to share.

03-Feb-16

Z Barebow's Link
BowhunterDal

Here you go. Click on embedded link or copy/paste below url

http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforums/thread.cfm?forum=5&threadid=345474

03-Feb-16

StickFlicker's embedded Photo
StickFlicker's embedded Photo

StickFlicker's Link
For those of you that are trying to find alternative trophy producing areas in Arizona now that the rules for NR's have changed, units other than the few that have ridiculous odds, the state's bowhunting record book lists all of the unit numbers in which each record was taken. There is also a table in the back that shows, unit by unit, how many records of every big game species have been entered for each hunt unit. The Pope and Young book only shows them by county. Arizona has many of the largest counties in the Country, so there are often quite a few hunt units in one county, so that doesn't narrow it down too much.

It's a great tool for a small investment. They're usually about $30 (which is a great price for a 350+ hard bound book with dust cover), but they just launched a new website and have it on sale right now for $15.99 plus shipping!

04-Feb-16
Z Barebow,

Thanks for posting the link on that story. What an incredible journey and story that was. Pretty sure I didn't get a thing done at work yesterday afternoon and it took me a good 25 minutes to finish this morning. Thanks again!

08-Feb-16
Can a guy buy just a point without applying for a tag?

08-Feb-16
Yes it is possible to apply for a bonus point only and not be in the actual drawing.

08-Feb-16
But, you MUST buy a license also to get that point ...

08-Feb-16
I've got the $160 hunting license in my cart but I don't see where I can buy a point

08-Feb-16
But the license first. Then apply for the draw. It's one of the first questions it asks. Do you want to enter the draw or just a point. Then you'll have to pay and additional $15

08-Feb-16
Says last day to update CC info is March 17th if I remember.... Might have missed it, but I didn't see anything about what date the actual draw is?

Got everything in last week, receipt and confirmation for the units I put in for, both printed and email. Had a glitch when trying to print out the license though, it kept telling me the site was down or some error message. Haven't gone back in to try and re-print or anything. Not that I need it right now but looks nice pinned to the board at my desk.... =D

08-Feb-16
Sorry. "Buy" not "but". Fat fingers....

08-Feb-16
They do not publish the date of the actual drawing TD. It happens sometime between the deadline to change CC info and the time guys start seeing "hits" on their credit card if they were successful in the draw.

08-Feb-16
Finally got it to work for me Friday. I was on a cruise and their internet speed was about the speed of dialup. Tried another browser than Explorer and got it to go thru. Now back at the house and I can really surf again.

Terry

08-Feb-16
Got it figured out. Thanks

• Sitka Gear