onXmaps 04-Feb-16
skookumjt 04-Feb-16
onXmaps 04-Feb-16
BULELK1 05-Feb-16
FLGator 05-Feb-16
02-Feb-16

onXmaps's embedded Photo
onXmaps's embedded Photo
The team at onXmaps has been working hard to make the #1 Hunting App even better over the last 12 months, we are happy to finally release the new Hunt 3.0 to hunters and professional users today. Hunt 3.0 was field tested by over 1,000 current customers, professional users, and media insiders over the last 2 months and provided us with invaluable feedback for this release. Including such a large testing group was key to our launch and the valued all of the input we received.

Scroll below to read the official release and learn more. #HUNTsmarter

Nation’s #1 Hunting App Transforms Your Mobile Device into a Next Generation GPS

New HUNT App Now Available for Download From onXmaps

MISSOULA, MT – Feb 1st, 2016 - Available today on both the Google Play and [Apple] App Store, onXmaps offers a new and improved Hunting App that turns your phone or tablet into a dedicated GPS device. onX HUNT 3.0 unlocks the full GPS functionality of modern phones and integrates it with the best land ownership data and mapping tools available. This powerful combination allows hunters to always know their location relative to public and private land ownership boundaries, geographical features, custom waypoints, roads, and trails. For a full list of HUNT 3.0 features, visit www.huntinggpsmaps.com.

“onXmaps has quite simply been the biggest game changer in the last 5 years for me and my ability to hunt not only in Montana, but in completely new states and units. Show me a hunter with onXmaps in his hand and I’ll show you a hunter soon to have success!” says Randy Newberg, the host of Fresh Tracks TV and the popular HuntTalk online community. Randy is a strong advocate for being responsible and educated in the field and is an avid user of both the HUNT App and the HUNT Chip for his Garmin GPS unit.

The onX HUNT App comes loaded with valuable map features for use in the field such as a triple-verified Private and Public Land Ownership layer with Owners’ Names and Property Boundaries. Hunters immediately see the value in this data when dealing with property boundaries, finding new public lands, or even gaining permission to access private property. onXmaps’ land ownership data has become the professional standard in the field. HUNT users include State and Federal Agencies, Game Wardens, and Conservation Officers who use maps daily for field work where location and land ownership accuracy cannot be left to chance.

New Features released in HUNT 3.0 include an Improved User Interface, Tracking and Compass, Weather Radar, National Forest Visitor Maps, and USA Trails.

The latest User Interface was designed to quickly and seamlessly navigate map features and menu items inside the App, access Saved Maps for offline use outside of cell service, change between several Basemap options, and even customize the map layers by turning layers on or off and setting transparency.

The addition of Tracking and Compass provides GPS- quality navigation tools within the HUNT App. This allows the user to track and display their hike or adventure right on the map screen. You can also load a previously saved track to easily follow your way to a lookout or stand in the dark. The new built in compass allows users to get bearings on landmarks for navigation and orientation when in the field.

Weather Radar gives users the ability to see real-time location of storms and precipitation in the area; allowing for more detailed planning and decision-making in the field. The USA Trails layer can be overlaid on any of the numerous Basemaps included with the HUNT App to give a detailed view of how the terrain and trails are positioned.

If full-speed cell coverage is a concern for you in your hunting area, simply save your favorite Map Layers and Basemap to your phone or tablet before going afield. The intuitive Save Map function allows the user to maintain full functionality and map data within the HUNT App wherever your adventure takes you. Unlike other Hunting Apps, the onX HUNT App allows users to completely customize maps for their specific needs. Whether hunting or scouting, users can customize the HUNT App to #HUNTsmarter. "HUNT 3.0 brings to life a new era of hunting maps. The App unlocks hundreds of layers of map data that make scouting and execution in the field much easier. I have found that certain combinations of map layers can help me identify hidden access points, key habitat for wildlife, and much more. I'm a firm believer that if you do the research and know your maps, you can drastically increase your chances of success!" says, Eric Siegfried, onXmaps President & Founder.

With detailed maps for all 50 states, the HUNT App provides a powerful, portable, and cost effective mapping tool for any hunter in any state. Visit your App Store today to download the HUNT App by onXmaps and start your free 7-day trial.

Press and Media Contact: Yana Robertson, [email protected], 406-540-1600 x120

02-Feb-16

onXmaps's Link
www.huntinggpsmaps.com

02-Feb-16
I have the old version. I bought about 10 days ago. Does it upgrade for free? how do I tell what version I'm on now?

02-Feb-16
I just talked to Yana and she said 2.0 does not exist so it looks like you ar4 working off the new version.

02-Feb-16
Does this service work when you don't have cell service? If there is no cell service, how can your phone know where it is in relation to saved map features?

02-Feb-16
There is a GPS receiver in your phone similar to a hand held GPS.

02-Feb-16
OK. My questions! I have a similar app I've been using for several years, every time I get a new phone I download the app and I have to start all over downloading map tiles and my waypoints are gone! If I bought your app would I have the same problem every time I get a new phone?

02-Feb-16
back up the data off your phone and restore to the new one.

02-Feb-16
I always do that Bob! Might be because I had those milspec tough phones from Casio that Verizon deals with, super tough phone but not real good operating. I went with a better phone this time. I always installed the app to the flash card hoping the data would just show up on the new phone but it didn't, it's probably on the card I just don't know how to get it to restore on the new phone. I would buy a new app if I knew it would transfer easily!

02-Feb-16
Does the GPS in your phone work in airplane mode?

02-Feb-16
If it's android you should be able to plug it into your PC and when it goes to USB mode find the data folders. You'll need an app for iPhones to get to the file structure. Call them and ask how to backup and restore your user data.

03-Feb-16
This is a great app!!!!

03-Feb-16
This is a great app!!!!

03-Feb-16

03-Feb-16
The new tracking feature is going to be great for shed hunting this year. I will be able to make sure i'm not walking through the same area twice.

Mine is still downloading the saved maps from Hunt 2 to Hunt 3.0. It has taken about 6 hours so far and its not even half way done.

04-Feb-16
flying brass: Yes you HUNT 2.0 Will update to 3.0. If your phone is setup to automatically update then it should. If not, Go to the app store or Google play and search HUNT app and select update. If you do not have any saved maps, way points, or data, you can delete your HUNT 2.0 and download again to get 3.0. If you have any issues installing HUNT 3.0 or if any of your HUNT 2 Waypoints, Markups, or Saved Maps are not moved from HUNT 2 to HUNT 3.0 successfully, email [email protected]. Please include your device information (i.e. iPhone 6, 64GB), your userid to login (i.e. [email protected]), and a detailed description of your issue.

- onXmaps

04-Feb-16
I had a friend of mine download your app on his phone while we were in North Dakota hunting in October. The app used a tremendous amount of data within the first day. So much so he went over his monthly limit. Is this typical? I was planning on buying the app for WI once we got home if I liked it but didn't because of the data issue.

How often do you update the maps? I know one of the primary complaints of your app is that the maps are outdated. I realize that you are limited by how often the new photos are flown by the agencies you get them from. For example if my county is updating their GIS right now, how long before you will buy the layer from them and update your system?

04-Feb-16
skookumjt:

Saving Maps of your guys hunting area and using Field mode stop using data. Otherwise the App will continue to update features like weather for instance. The HUNT 3.0 App uses cell phone signal when available to increase accuracy and update data (maps, layers, etc). If you are venturing out of service, Save Maps of your desired area prior and turn on field mode and the GPS in your phone will show your location. If you save your maps before you will be able to use your phone just like a GPS WITHOUT service or data.

You are correct, we receive our data/info from the individual state and county. It depends on how current their data is. We try to update once a year for all states, some states have multiple updates throughout the year. It all depends on how current and accurate the state/counties are.

- onXmaps

05-Feb-16
I am very happy with the upgrade.

I have it on my iphone 6 and my iPad mini 2.

For the question of needing Wi-Fi or internet for it to work---Nope--just go to field mode and your 'cached maps' are there to use 'off Grid' very very nice feature.

Good luck, Robb

05-Feb-16
When is your software going to be available for a Delorme InReach?

• Sitka Gear