bighorn 05-Feb-16
BoggsBowhunts 05-Feb-16
Drop tine 05-Feb-16
bad karma 05-Feb-16
bad karma 06-Feb-16
Bowboy 06-Feb-16
Grunt-N-Gobble 06-Feb-16
05-Feb-16
I too appreciate simple with little to no clutter on the screen. I like Red LED though as it shows up very well in those early morning/evening dark timber hunts. Angle Comp is a must too! Also small in size & light weight.

ElkNut1

05-Feb-16
I don't care for anything made by Wild Game Innovations. The boys might be ok. But the old man is a douche.

Just got a Leupold at Christmas time when they were on sale. Quite happy with the purchase. As stated the red read outs are great in low light situations.

05-Feb-16
"I don't care for anything made by Wild Game Innovations. The boys might be ok. But the old man is a douche."

That would also be my assessment of the old man!

05-Feb-16
Vortex Ranger would be my pick if I were in the market.

05-Feb-16
I've been in situations where I couldn't see the unlit readout[ but then I also need reading glasses now]...so I like the OLED units like the Leopold.

05-Feb-16
Nikon for me. The Bushnells won't easily read thru netting and the two Leupolds I had were off in yardage. The first one was off two yards at 30 and the second one was worse.

05-Feb-16
I am very happy with Leica. Not cheap, but they just replaced my old one, out of warranty, when it wouldn't lock on to a target. The new one locks on like they'd pay you a million dollars each time it wouldn't. It also had the angle compensation. Since I rifle hunt, too, it works well for me.

Zeiss has a good one, too.

I'm told the Bushnell 1 mile, in white, is cheaper than the same electronics in a black box. A can of Bowflage would fix that problem. I don't know how well they work, though, no experience. I know the Leica and Zeiss work well.

Good luck.

05-Feb-16
I have a Halo, great range finder for the price! Just because it cost lots of $$$$, don't make it GOOD!

05-Feb-16
I use a lower price range bushnell bone collector one that I got on sale at amazon. It hasn't lied to me yet. The screen has cross hairs and range readings when it's on. The only time it's failed was my fault for not packing a battery after using it for targets months before a turkey hunt.

05-Feb-16
Anyone try the new vendetta 2 by Leupold?

05-Feb-16
I picked up the Halo before this season and loved it during the day in the preseason, background was nice and green for the most part so the reticle and reading showed up very easily. Things got a little shaky out on my Antelope hunt though, not sure if it was all of the dust or just the fact that the background wasn't bright green but I could barely see the reading! I would have to put the object I was ranging in the middle of the rangefinder and then click it and point it towards the sky so I could see the reading. After that hunt I had the same problem hunting whitetails in the late season with it. (And yes, I did change the batteries, that didn't brighten it at all.) Its been a pretty hit or miss deal with me, some backdrops let you see the reading clear as day and sometimes you have to point it towards the sky to see the distance. I have great eyesight so I know that is not the problem, I've had other guys look through it and they say the same thing. As far as being accurate and getting reading quick goes it is very nice. I would just rather it be a more defined display. (Illuminated would work wonders)

05-Feb-16
I ended up getting the Leupold TBR. Only one that had last target priority, angle compensation and red readout along with good optics.

I wasn't going to get one without last target priority but if I was it would have been the Leica. Optics are beautiful.

05-Feb-16

06-Feb-16
Yes, I have the 1000. Actually, I had the CRF900, but it quit locking on. When it used to work, it was great.

Out of warranty, I returned it to Leica, and to my surprise, received the 1000 last Tuesday, less than 2 weeks after I shipped mine back.

I've been testing it on trees, and bunnies around here, and it's been magnificent so far. Locks on in a fraction of a second. This afternoon, I may head east to find some pronghorns to check the effective range on game.

06-Feb-16
I like my Leupold RX II with red rectile. It also has the compensator.

06-Feb-16
Leupold RXII.

Bought it late last year on sale to replace an old Nikon 440 that's stopped ranging past 70yds.

• Sitka Gear