Rain gear suggestion for HH pants
Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
JDM 05-Feb-16
LKH 05-Feb-16
jims 05-Feb-16
Mule Power 06-Feb-16
05-Feb-16
Looking for some new rain gear that I hope will be my last. I know Helly Hanson makes great stuff but haven't seen any of their pants in person. Which would you choose and why?

05-Feb-16
Get the HH Impertech. I have a new pair in the closet behind me. The old pair had way to many devils club holes and the crotch was almost gone.

They are for seriously wet conditions. Roll up pretty small and will dry in minutes if the weather gets better.

05-Feb-16
If you don't need camo I would definitely consider Marmot Precip. They breath well for hiking. I've used and abused mine for years and they are super light, compact, and waterproof. If camo is needed I would go with something similar to Sitka Nimbus. No matter which rain jacket you get I would definitely recommend pitzips in jackets. On pants it's easier to get them on and off (without taking your boots off) if they have zippered bottoms.

06-Feb-16
No question Impertech.

The only decision is pants or bibs. I have the guide length parka for a top so I can get away with pants. If I had the regular length jacket I'd get the bibs for sure.

• Sitka Gear