Mad_Angler 10-Feb-16
maxracx 10-Feb-16
Reflex 10-Feb-16
KS Flatlander 11-Feb-16
Barrera 13-Feb-16
BowSniper 13-Feb-16
23feetup 14-Feb-16
07-Feb-16
Im am in the process of buying new trail cameras. I am not looking at buying one or 2 but i am going to update my entire trail camera operation. I hunt across 2 states, south dakota and minnesota. mostly private ground with some public. what im looking for is advice, picture quality, etc for a great camera. i am going to buy a doz or so new cameras in the upcoming months and get them all set out beginning of turkey season for scouting for turkey and then position them for deer later in the summer. so let me know what you guys are using and fill me in on price point, mid range, and expensive. also any pros and cons to what you are using. thanks

07-Feb-16
I like what I am seeing from exodus trail cams. They are about $200 each but come with a 5 year unlimited warranty and a 50% replacement for lost or stolen cams. I picked up a couple and so far so good.

07-Feb-16
I know the guys from Exodus. Quality product. Quality people behind the product. Not to hijack but if you are making that kind of investment consider our Cam-guardian theft protection system. Happy shopping. Gary, Guardian Hunting.com

08-Feb-16
covert

08-Feb-16
Small units that are easier to hide/harder to find and steal. None are worth much over $100 to me. Give me simplicity, dependability and excellent stills or video. It helps if they are highly rated and backed.

Browning Strike Force is all I use.

08-Feb-16
Browning cameras for me they take a great picture.

Have had nothing but trouble with Covert and Covert's service/warranty was useless.

08-Feb-16
Browning ^^^^ no issues and compact.

08-Feb-16

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
I have had good luck with Cuddeback, big fan of fast trigger speed, nothing worse than getting pics of only a deer's heiny! The Cudde's do not miss fast moving critters like this buck chasing during the rut.

08-Feb-16

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Some other brands I've tried would have most likely missed this buck on the move, what a cryin' shame that would have been.

08-Feb-16
look at Simmons 2 years ago a got 2 6 megapixel cams that take great pics however the are most set on video and shoot great night video have longer IR range then others I would say equal resolution to Bushnell and half the price in my experience a lot of cameras dont make it thru season 2 my last videos from summer and fall were shot on 4 aa batteries and had 50% left when pulled at gun season 1st of dec,

08-Feb-16
I have been real pleased with the Moultrie cameras I have......and I don't have the "fancy" ones either.

08-Feb-16
I have had good luck the past couple of years with Moultries as well.

Look at Trailcampro.com website. They sell all makes & do extensive tests on all of them & post their reviews there as well. Lots of great info on there.

08-Feb-16
My favorite cam now is the Plotwatcher. I use it in fields before Turkey season, tells me where and when they come to the fields. Deer season shows where they come out and go in the woods. I then put them up in my tree stand and video my view as if I was there.

Dont buy the cheap one. Spend the $245 for the "pro" model.

08-Feb-16
Browning. Best cameras I've ever purchased. 100 bucks each. Better pics than my cuddyback and longer battery life.

08-Feb-16
Browning here

09-Feb-16
I love my old Moultrie A5 and wish I had more. For the price it could not be beat. I am really hoping the new A10 will compare.

09-Feb-16
thanks for all the reviews and recommendations. ill be looking into the brownings is looks like and the moultries

10-Feb-16
Standard recommendation... check out trailcampro.com

They have unbiased, technical reviews for nearly all cameras. You can also call and talk with them directly. You can get the best camera for your particular needs.

Also, you can buy from them. The cameras come with a memory chip and an extended 2 year warranty. Why buy anywhere else?

(I'm just a satisfied customer)

10-Feb-16
I love my Stealth Cam G42s. They work awesome, great pics, very good battery life.

Call Paul at Outdoortrailcam.com he sells them all and has some great packages with camera,SD card,bear box, and python cable. Thats how I buy mine.

10-Feb-16
I was really impressed with the dependability in the Browning Strike Force that I bought, especially for around $100.

I second the trailcampro.com website for trail camera reviews!

11-Feb-16

KS Flatlander's embedded Photo
KS Flatlander's embedded Photo
I have been using 6 Browning Strike Force cams for two years and have had very good results. Good battery life, lots of options, and a quick trigger as evidenced by the photo.

13-Feb-16
Get one that requires a password. They are easy pickings and disappear to often.

13-Feb-16
If you are replacing them all and travel such a long way, did you look into the cellular type that send pics to your phone? Less driving to change memory cards and batteries.

14-Feb-16
I bought 2 Browning Recon Force trail cameras this year and I absolutely love them. Great pictures / video and very reasonably priced - $115ish. Also very easy to use. The camera set up tabs are the exact same as the Moultrie M-80 black cameras. I don't get quality night pictures from Covert or Cuddeback - they are always blurry. Not with the Browning cameras though.

• Sitka Gear