CAS_HNTR 21-Apr-16
cnelk 21-Apr-16
Jeff 22-Apr-16
Z Barebow 22-Apr-16
cnelk 02-May-16
South Farm 03-May-16
willliamtell 03-May-16
17-Apr-16
I scored on a Cabelas Wooltimate Windshear pullover jacket today for dirt cheap.

Anyone use this stuff? It gets good reviews

17-Apr-16
It's good stuff for setting. Very warm. God Bless

17-Apr-16
Good stuff. You will enjoy

17-Apr-16
I've had a jacket for years that I wear on those cold early morning/late evening 4-wheeler rides. Good stuff!

17-Apr-16
Very good stuff! Bought an outfit for hunting the brutal cold winds in Kansas and they are money well spent

17-Apr-16
I've hunted with the jacket and also the vest for probably 6-7 years. Both are warm and quiet. They are great for whitetail hunting.

--Mitch

18-Apr-16
I am not a whiteail guy, but pretended to be one last November. That is what I used and was very happy with it.

18-Apr-16
I like mine for ATV rides and treestands. Chasing elk, not so much.

18-Apr-16
Thanks for the reviews.

I purchase the jacket for my upcoming AK moose hunt. But I like to buy items that are multi functional too. So when I'm sitting in my Neb deer stand this fall it will also be used. And then I will use it again in Wyoming for my Nov/Dec cow elk hunt.

Gotta love gear that keeps on giving

18-Apr-16
Love mine for sitting in stand! You'll be happy with it.

18-Apr-16
You will like it Brad. I use it for whitetails, turkeys and also coyote here in Missouri. Not sure if I'll bring it out west elk hunting. I think it will be hot and heavy if you are walking much, but I always seem to be warm.

--Mitch

18-Apr-16
Very good stuff! You won't be disappointed!

18-Apr-16
Warm stuff, no doubt. If I was being critical, I'd say it's way to warm to hike in, too bulky for my taste for bow hunting and the windshear, could, in some situations, be too loud at the draw. Other than that, it'll keep you warm.

18-Apr-16
Thumbs up here too. Great for late season whitetail.

19-Apr-16
I have a Jacket and 2 pair of pants that I rarely ever wear but it is good stuff just have not needed it much recently. Might have to sell it to free up closet room.

20-Apr-16
Its all I use for cold weather. I have the pants and jacket and pullover in both outfitter camo and snow camo. I have the vest in outfitter camo too. I love the stuff. I am scared to death that Cabela's may be sold very soon. :(

20-Apr-16
Another thumbs up for it. I wear the pants, vest, and jacket for whitetails once the temps start to drop.

20-Apr-16
I have about worn out the pullover jacket that I have. I've used it a ton, and still use it often. I also have the vest, and I did have the bibs at one time.

For the price point, it's hard to beat. There's some more expensive gear that is lighter that works as good. And I've kind of been gradually transitioning to the higher price stuff.

But I still wear that wooltimate stuff quite a little bit.

20-Apr-16
I've used the jacket and pants for 4 years now and love it. Especially on those zero days here in Northeastern Illinois. If you get the pants,buy them a size bigger.

21-Apr-16
Love it, I wear it during late season and it does what it's suppose to. Even the gloves work well, hard to beat it.

21-Apr-16
I like mine a lot too......wish it wasn't quite so heavy and was cut a little different, but its great value for the money....especially when on sale.

They have also recently came out with a Wooltimate Parka that looks really nice.....I wish the jacket had some extra zippers/pockets like the parka does.

21-Apr-16
All the positive replies are really helpful! Thanks!

Maybe I should have asked if anyone DIDNT like it :)

Got notification yesterday that the jacket was shipped. Looking forward to getting it

22-Apr-16
Warm and wind proof, but I find the lining too noisy for Whitetail hunting.

22-Apr-16
Brad

I bought something similar to this. (I don't remember the "4Most" windshear, I think it was just WindShear)

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Mens-Outfitters-Wooltimate-Hooded-Pullover-with-MOST-WindShear/752494.uts

I use it for WT hunting in late season. I have a Gumby suit that I wear over the top, so noise is muted. I wanted something with warmth to stop the ND winds. I would buy it again.

For elk hunting, I would throw it in the truck. If the weather turns bad enough to need that jacket, you will be at the truck/base camp at some point to "adjust" your hunting approach. (IE You will have snow up to your knees and it will be miserable)

02-May-16

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
I got the jacket several days ago and love it!

It didnt have a front pocket so I had some camo fleece and sewed one on.

Perfect now

03-May-16
Love the jacket, but the pants make me feel like I'm wearing a full diaper...too much material you know where.

03-May-16
One of the best items for out in the open in Wyo. Cold plus relentless wind and you will freeze multiple body parts off. Steady draw and hold? - forget about it.

That being said, for a lightweight backpack hunt probably not my first choice - too bulky/heavy.

• Sitka Gear