Mad Trapper 29-Apr-16
Rayzor 01-May-16
notme 05-May-16
Ace 05-May-16
drycreek 05-May-16
Paul 05-May-16
23-Apr-16
Blink...Blink....Stare....Blink....Blink

I got nothing. Reading your post and proposed legislation is mind numbing. +1 on your assertion of where our country is heading.

Do these whack jobs have any idea of what harm has already been caused to "Cecil's" region from the country's knee jerk reaction?

23-Apr-16
Why stay there?

23-Apr-16
Section 1, Part d complies with the US Constitution with the post ex facto clause...

If you legally own it today, or yesterday, you legally own it tomorrow.

23-Apr-16
They aren't concerned about Cecils region or country. They aren't even concerned about Cecil. This is just part of "Danny boy's idea of what civilization ought to be.

23-Apr-16
"If you legally own it today, or yesterday, you legally own it tomorrow."

As Long as you register it and as long as they let you own it tomorrow.

23-Apr-16
but you won't be charged with a felony for the sake of being charged with a felony, nor can they confiscate as long as it is legal.

I think it's Article II, Section 8 (can't remember for sure).

but still, ALL states are subserviant to federal law, no matter what the 10th Ammendment says...

23-Apr-16
I sure Colorado will be all over this, once they make ivory illegal and end bear and lion hunting.

23-Apr-16
Phase one: Registration. Phase two: CONFISCATION.

23-Apr-16
Sorry. Move to Oklahoma or Texas.

23-Apr-16
Then they've already won. Why fight it?

23-Apr-16
So the felony part is when you show em "Here, register THIS!"???

Confusing.... is there now some rash of ILLEGAL dead lions and leopards being smuggled into the country?

"This country is slipping down a slope that leads straight to hell - greased by politically correct liberals." Oh! He used the "L" word! Where's my safe space.... is was around here somewhere a minute ago... where did I put that....

23-Apr-16
Pitifully wrong !!!

I know you have a living to make, but if it was at all possible, I would sell every fricking thing that I owned and move west or southwest. Just don't move to Co., but you already knew that........

23-Apr-16
Wow. Its Ridiculous!

23-Apr-16
I wonder how much registration will cost???? Look at what the libs have done to the price of cigs. Thank the Lord I never smoked.

23-Apr-16
wow, how ridiculous of a law, so I guess Cabelas has to register their entire African exhibit, just makes the blood boil. PC morons completely out of touch with reality.

23-Apr-16
They can have my _________ when they pry it from my cold dead fingers comes to mind.

This is out of control.

23-Apr-16
Can you believe there are people in the USA that really still believe that hunting will be legal in 50 years.

23-Apr-16
Unreal Pat!! I will come and visit you in prison at least!!

23-Apr-16

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo

23-Apr-16
I heard CT also passed a confiscation law. Time to move to another state.

23-Apr-16
Unfortunately, there are not enough owners of lion or leopard mounts, rugs, etc. to challenge this in court. The ones to do that would have to have a lot of money, but it could be done and won.

Again, they cannot go against Federal Law. Liberal legislatures count on the few minority who will be affected by this to not be able to challenge it and get it overturned so they chance it.

From a federal congressional level, this does not hamper interstate commerce, so you can't go down that route. Politically, it is too polarized for any career politician to combat it for fear of the smear they would get from the "dorks" of the nation. Also, there is no interest of the federal gov't to tackle this because it is just not a big enough issue of public opinion to warrant stepping in to interpret to what degree the state of Connecticut can do in this situation. In short, it does not infringe on anyone's civil rights or liberties.

But, in order to confiscate, any state gov't would have to follow the traditions of the 4th Amendment and any other provisions in the US Constitution. They can't just make it up as they go.

I have to wonder to what degree of authority any state even has in this as didn't it take a federal import duty or something to get it into the country to start with? Clearance from US Fish & Wildlife? Clearing Customs, etc.?

23-Apr-16
HDE....They cannot go against Federal Law? Stick around, you haven't seen anything yet. Laws mean nothing to these jokers. They do what they want and worry about any consequences later. There is generally none.

23-Apr-16
They can't go against federal law? Why is weed legal in Colorado? Why are there "Amnesty Cities"? Like stated, they do what they want.

23-Apr-16
Sounds like they have you in their crosshairs.

23-Apr-16
Typical anti strategy....they chip away. ...until they are chipping at your backdoor.

They are organized, well funded and highly motivated. We just want to HUNT. We as hunters aren't typically 'joiners' and don't worry about stuff until its in our own backyard.

Its time to change that. There aren't enough folks in Conn to protest this legislation....but there sure is across the country.... if we were organized nationally we would slam the door on this in a heartbeat.

23-Apr-16
Wow. Not sure what to even say about that stupid legislation.

Pat, is there anything those of us in the hunting community can do to assist, even if we live in a different state?

23-Apr-16
HDE, please stop giving people legal advice.

A state can pass more restrictive laws than federal laws. Ever heard of the black rifle laws in California, New York, etc? In Colorado, you can't buy a 16 round magazine for an AR any more.

23-Apr-16
Well if they're assault lions, then maybe they should be registered.

Seriously Pat...it's time to move.

23-Apr-16
Whats the problem!!!! Take a couple pic make a few 8x10 's to hang up in your cell, shouldnt really be that difficult to run your Bowsite empire from prison, though the bloodtrail challenge could get rather interesting!!!

23-Apr-16
We've still got some room in crazy Canada. You could come here... though we also elected a joke.

23-Apr-16
....and we're about to.

23-Apr-16
Sounds like you might have to move them out of state.

So what happens if you don't register them and they come in to get them and you moved them out of state??

ED

23-Apr-16
I'd be packing and moving!

23-Apr-16
Guys, I know what you're saying about going against Federal Law, and I also said they take a gamble that nobody will challenge it.

I know some states have passed laws allowing things normally illegal.

But, there are cases on the books addressing exactly what was brought up - especially about "weed".

If that person, for instance, in CO were to have "weed" on their possession on Nat'l Forest or BLM, state law or not, they can be charged.

If you need a specific reference to the "weed" thing, I can find the case, but it will take a little bit to find it.

Problem is, there isn't a federal law saying anything about owning parts to an animal such as this, so can a state pass a law about it? More than likely.

Bad karma,

Not giving anyone any legal advice, just stating what the Constitution states. True, States can make things more strict, but they can't take away from what Federal Law says. If they want to make it illegal to possess without a permit, that's one thing. But they can't charge you with a felony if it's not illegal today. If they want to institute a registration policy they can do that, because there is no Federal Law stating otherwise to this particular instance. If you don't abide by that law, then they have legal jurisdiction to carry forth whatever means necessary to enforce it. Ever heard of a 'Poll Tax'? State(s) instituted that until it was decided that it went against civil rights/liberties.

The only thing they would do to go against Federal Law is to charge with a felony for owning it today when it is not illegal today. That's what an ex post facto law is, see Article II, section's 9 and 10 in the US Constitution. It speaks to both federal and state governments.

One more time - if the law isn't already on the books at the Federal level, then yes a state can pass a law.

One more time - it is not illegal to own a lion or leopard "part" today, they cannot charge you with a felony, even if they pass a law.

24-Apr-16
Didn't CA do something similar with Mountain Lions? I remember a case where, I believe it was a former DNR Director, had a mounted trophy from another state. The new law made his possession of it illegal.

Was that ever challenged?

Pat, I feel your pain. This state sucks. Might be time to consider a new one.

24-Apr-16
The CA case the official did the hunt in a legal state, took a lion, but did not take any part of it into the state.

He was fired for just the very idea that he went lion hunting.

Welcome to liberal leftist dem politics. It's all about jackbooted control. In this case controlling your very lifestyle, your thoughts and opinions, however legal. These are people that want to regulate what you read, watch and listen to.

Pat, here's an idea.... butch up the lioness(?).... put it in the mens bathroom......a dress on the leopard, women's bath. I think ya have a shot. The very idea of registering anything in the inappropriate bathroom would make heads explode....

24-Apr-16
Move west young man!

Good luck, Robb

24-Apr-16
Escape to another State is just a short term fix. The states you move to will sooner or later go liberal. When I was a kid in the the 60's in Connecticut there were more Rebuplicans than Democrats. Liberals move to conservative states then take over. For many years It was a slow drip but now the nation has excellerated in that direction.

The hope here for help is SCI!

24-Apr-16
They already started infringing on your basic rights after Sandy Hook. Why would a couple of skins make a difference? The residents of these states either need to grow a pair and resist or move.

24-Apr-16
Even in northern Canada, living in a small native hunting community, I am constantly affected by the ridiculous laws and changes that our loving politically correct "civilized" society is imposing upon us - a truly persecuted minority group.

The outdoors is not a sport to me, it is my life.

I'm an optimist, not a pessimist by any means, but I'm also a realist, and when my time comes to die, it will really be time.

24-Apr-16
TRUMP 16 !!

24-Apr-16
What is the reason that they are making you get them registered? ? Can u still keep them after registering them?

24-Apr-16
Time to move out west

24-Apr-16
Stupidity indicators are at an all-time high, and increasing. Pat, you're a computer jock, so maybe you can keep your job but work from Wyoming.

24-Apr-16
First register, then they will list them as endangered, then they will come to Confiscate them. If you don't register and are charged with a felony your hunting days are over. Send your trophies out of state to a good friend and follow as soon as you can. Funny how I believe it was that same Zambian gov't who went out a culled 200 hundred lions a couple months ago. Unreal how these liberals want to control the lives of others with things that don't matter. They mind if you kill a animal but not a baby, things are really messed up.

24-Apr-16
Move yourself and your business to WV and quit worrying about the far left wing laws.

24-Apr-16
The fat lady hasn't sang yet. You need to get every hunter, farmer, gun owner, pet owner...anybody at all whom you can rally to fight this and start calling your state senators first thing tomorrow morning. You need to get as many well-spoken advocates as possible to show up at the state capitol and have them go door-to-door with every senator they can possibly get some face time with. The best way to do this is to just show up and start walking down the halls and get as much interaction and publicity as possible. Don't bother writing letters or sending emails this late in the game. They sit in a pile and don't get read until it's time to clear the desk. Every legislator we spoke with told us that us taking the time to drive to the capitol to speak with them is what made the biggest difference. They had no idea there was any interest in hunting wild hogs, let alone that people would pay money to do it....until we walked into their office and told them so. Basically, six people and the Grace of God turned the tide for us here in Oklahoma. All you need to do is find one pro-hunting senator to stand up and present a good argument on the floor when the bill is being read, and that could change the tide. It's all about educating a few key people about what's at stake here, it's not too late for that! You can do it!

24-Apr-16
Meanwhile the state continues to allow idiots to drive around carrying ridiculously low insurance coverage. The state minimum for property damage is $10,000.00. I recently had an idiot rear end me on I-84 doing in the neighborhood of 100 mph, Totalled my truck and most of the tools I was carrying. Property Damage Claim of over $30k which I have to claim through my insurance. Fortunate no injuries because the bodily injury coverage is equally ridiculous. How about the clowns in this states government put the legislative efforts where they are required rather than repeatedly creating nonsensical laws.

24-Apr-16
Moving out anywhere isn't going to cure anything....look at Colorado they will probably do the same thing .

People need to vote the liberals out and put people in that think like your average red blooded American and not like this new breed of American Liberals we are seeing today ....I mean they can't even figure out what bathroom to use, Bruce Jenner is their hero... WTF he was on the Wheaties box when I was a kid and I saw on the news yesterday OJ Simpson said he wanted to date him, her, it (Bruce Jenner) whatever you call that.

They just fired Andrew Jackson off the $20.00 dollar bill. Vote or SINK !!! Good luck Pat.

24-Apr-16
Pat,

if civil disobedience is your plan, then you have my support. And in my opinion, you're righteous if you refuse to register.

Take it all the way to the SCOTUS. We have to fight these fights. These fights are being brought to us, not visa versa. None of us are telling people they CANT be vegetarians. We have to defend ourselves.

24-Apr-16
At least you can 'posses' it if you've 'legally' hunted it, albeit registration...Welcome to CA where you can't legally have in your possession a Mountain Lion that was legally hunted somwhere else....

24-Apr-16
Pat, I feel your pain. NJ legislature has passed a bill though both houses(1 unnamously) which if you can believe it is worse. It is sitting on the Governor's desk. The hope is he will veto it but who knows. The NJ bill lists all Big Five animals. In addition the wording is a little vague but it also references Cites Appendix l and ll. That adds a whole bunch of animals if that is what is intended. Desert sheep in Mexico, Grizzley Bears, Marco Polo etc. The people I have spoken to agree it is open to interpretation. It would also ban transiting Kennedy Airport since it is controlled by the Port Authority of NY and NJ.

Conservation Force has weighed in on it sending a letter to the Governor. Eastern WSF has also sent one too. The New Jersey Outdoor Alliance is leading this here but I am sure any support would be welcome. If anyone would like to Pm me I will suppy the letter Eastern sent as a template to use. While this may seem like a non issue to some, remember once the foot is in the door it will be impossible to close it again. And while people may think it doesn't affect them keep in mind a black bear in certain instances is a Cites animal. Even if your dream hunt is to go to Canada for a bear hunt it could be affected.

My point is the days of being apathetic are over. If we allow this to happen we will have no one but ourselves to blame. We won't have to worry about some posting pictures of a rifle, that will be the least of our problems

24-Apr-16
It is much easier for politicians to fix problems that do not exist than do good. Challenge the idiots.

25-Apr-16
Since it's my law, I'll give you a free pass.

25-Apr-16
I don't even know what to say. . .

Move to the Midwest, and middle America and middle Canada can secede, join together, and be separate from our liberal coasts

I'm only half joking

25-Apr-16
Move.

25-Apr-16

Jim in PA's Link
"Understand something, this liberal culture will eventually find you guys too."

That says it right there. the NJ law will most likely be struck down in court but at what cost? Attached is a briefing put out explaining why trophy bans don't work. Not a short read but well worth the time

25-Apr-16
How are they going to find out if you have one in your house? And why a Felony charge and not a misdemeanor?

What about Northeast Taxidermy, they specialize in African mounts? I bet they will feel the squeeze if this passes.

25-Apr-16
Utter BS. You guys who say just move, don't get it. You keep putting libs in control and guess what, this BS will be in your backyards as well. Those Libs who once lived in California, have now mucked up Oregon, Washington and Colorado and are in the process of recolonizing Wyoming and Montana. If Clinton gets in, we lose the Court and the party is over. It won't matter what state that you are in. This is it boys. Keep voting for libs. The chickens are about to come home to roost. AND I am not suggesting that Pat voted for libs. I know better. Unfortunately, he is surrounded by them. I don't know any good lawyers, but I will bring you a cake with a file in it.

25-Apr-16
Pat,

I hear you on moving not being as simple as it might seem. My siblings are both out of state (for many years now) and my mom is getting up there and having some health issues. At the moment, as bad as CT has gotten it simply isn't feasible for me to move.

Trust me, I would love to move to the reddest state we have and never look back on this hell-hole of a state!

25-Apr-16
The reddest state? They are even invading Texas, just look at Austin. Colorado was a nice place when I got here in 2004. It has been in a downward spiral of libtardness ever since.

25-Apr-16
Let's get it out there that all liberals are not insane. I know there are some libs that like guns, hunting, trophy hunting, fishing and even God. I know that some of you are even on this site. It is not my intent to offend you, only to call out the insane far leftist and their stupid selfish agendas.

25-Apr-16
If you're going to move, go big. . . like Namibia. :)

I get the no-move thing as well. I too am rooted firmly, and a move wouldn't be an option. . .

It's depressing the way this country is going. And I'm not some ultra right-wing alarmist either.

I wish I had more to add. It just sucks.

I couldn't contribute a lot, but if it comes to it, I'll contribute to your legal fund to take this as high as it can go.

And as much as people don't like Trump. . . If you vote for a Democrat or Independent candidate in the upcoming presidential election. . . you are directly responsible for this mess we're in.

25-Apr-16
Well listen, if you'd be interested in storing your dozier and tractor while you do your time, I'd be more than happy to keep them in working order for ya.

:-)

25-Apr-16
"Let's get it out there that all liberals are not insane. I know there are some libs that like guns, hunting, trophy hunting, fishing and even God. I know that some of you are even on this site. It is not my intent to offend you, only to call out the insane far leftist and their stupid selfish agendas."

What else do you call a person who votes AGAINST their "supposed" core beliefs? Moron maybe?

25-Apr-16
I hear you Pat! We are being Kalifornicated here in AZ way too fast.

25-Apr-16
Unreal. Gonna be a bad day when these liberals realize that we're free Americans and will only put up with so much.

25-Apr-16
Lots of corn out this way.

25-Apr-16
Sad fact is we have had our heads in the sand and the anti-hunters and tree huggers have been winning the battle behind the scene all the while hunters have been paying the way.

"Let's get it out there that all liberals are not insane. I know there are some libs that like guns, hunting, trophy hunting, fishing and even God. I know that some of you are even on this site. It is not my intent to offend you, only to call out the insane far leftist and their stupid selfish agendas."

I am hunter and gun owner I cannot vote Democrat and I do not believe or even like the GOP but what they support supports what I believe. We will rue the day when our kindness has fully been taken advantage by those who have supported a group primarily based on so called social consciousness or the so called greater good.

"And as much as people don't like Trump. . . If you vote for a Democrat or Independent candidate in the upcoming presidential election. . . you are directly responsible for this mess we're in."

I see the day that we will be basing our friendships on political alliances. We currently have discussions about issues but have not realized that people supporting the left are making personal attacks on your rights.

We joke about this but it is starting to get serious. Similarly the Christians are suffering persecution in a way that many thought was impossible but they still do not govern their vote by the party that supports their religious freedom.

If you heard Hillary patronizing the hunting voter in Pennsylvania this past weekend you can draw the conclusion that the left actually thinks that we are that dumb. If we do not start making hard decisions based on our beliefs and values the freedom that we know will be lost.

25-Apr-16
Pat, I think your Trophy fight is the kind of thing made for legal support from SCI.

I live in a very liberal region of CA, and have considered moving many times. However, like Pat, I have to many reasons to stay. A short list is, the freakin unbelievably good weather, amazing economy, great fishing(I live near the Ocean), I can shoot my bow out to 60yds and can shoot comfortably outdoors year around, and friends & family connections that have been cultivated over many decades.

California wasn't always so liberal. I grew up in Palo Alto, before it was so ridiculously expensive. San Francisco was a great city to visit before it was overrun with homeless and gay activists. Back then, the conservative senior Brown was Governor, followed by Reagan. There are many Republicans in CA, and I've heard it said, "If all the gun owners in CA voted, it would be a Republican state again."

25-Apr-16
If they come for em... maybe a Bowsite Militia... we could blockade your house.... ya have any food???

Could be fun! I'd volunteer! Well.... up until Sept.... then you're on your own....

25-Apr-16
I'm just sayin there is more to it than who you vote for. If all the democrats pulled out of groups like the NRA and RMEF today, you would loose your guns and hunting rights by Christmas.

25-Apr-16
More fallout from the "Cecil" ramifications of social media. It goes viral and the shit never stops running down hill.

Pat, start a museum. You can "collect" anything you want to add to it, import without a problem, and write it all off.

25-Apr-16
THIS is why you don't vote for liberal leftists, EVER...there may be some democrats out there worth their salt, but not the hard left.

25-Apr-16
if they want to make criminals out of everyone - you can't do anything but vote people in, voice your opinions etc

I'd not register anything - piss on them

25-Apr-16
I guarentee you there will be a fee to go with the registration.

25-Apr-16
I've heard New Jersey has the same law passed by both houses waiting for the governor.

25-Apr-16
PigDoc wrote "Not saying it is too late, but as hunters we face an uphill battle with society that may be insurmountable, no matter what state you live in. We need to continue to be good citizens and recruit new young people into our sport that can spread the good that hunting is. Not going to be easy."

That's so true, and what's even worse is that we're not united in our fight against the enemy. All one has to do is go back and read the comments here when the whole Cecil fiasco unfolded. How can you fight an enemy that's infiltrated our own ranks?!

25-Apr-16
Vote for Cruz and your going to lose. The GOP is the problem. If they did the right thing and got behind Trump, they would win. But, their arrogance and ignorance will likely let Hillary walk right in. It's the Republican Party's fault. They have an opportunity to do the right thing. But, they're on the verge of screwing it up...again. Pitiful. Sorry to hear about your situation Pat. One messed up world.

25-Apr-16
Civil disobedience is the best action, if you do have legal concerns I will travel to support you...I have to think a lot of other members on the site would as well

26-Apr-16
Not sure I would keep my trophies there if I lived there.( no way I would want a felony on my record) Maybe buy a cabin in Maine or an escape to Wyoming or Idaho! Living in Colorado and needing to finish out my career I understand the ability to sustain ones self and deciding where I want to be when I retire. Unless something changes I will be moving. There are tax advantages too.

26-Apr-16
Just the beginning of the end ! If Hildabeast wins , get used to this treatment !

26-Apr-16
So what did you do? It is obvious from your link that you will be charged with nothing related to your African mounts and you will be keeping them. There must be something else that is cropping up from your nefarious past?

Are you selling bowsite member lists to the North Koreans? Guilty of outrageous thread titles to try and get more response (I believe that is just a gross misdemeanor). Does TMZ have you on hidden camera?

26-Apr-16
Well there is that photo with the pink panties....

26-Apr-16
stagetek,

In reality it is simply the fault of liberalism. It has oozed into every inch of American society. It is about as welcomed as a wet fart IMHO.

26-Apr-16
Bowfreak. My point exactly. The GOP has an opportunity with Trump. Or, they can continue to screw themselves and let another lib walk right in. Don't blame the libs. Blame the complete and continuing ineptness of the Republican Party.

26-Apr-16
Voting got us here and voting is what will get us out of it.

Apathy is a slow death that rots society from the inside out.

We need people that can articulate the arguments and we need to band together on commonalities to collectively influence change. To set and bitch is the lowest form of apathy.

Yes, the GOP is broke but you have to hold them accountable. Paul Ryan walks in as speaker and BOOM Omnibus is signed. Four days later on Meet the Press he was touting the the Dems would see a new strategy in 2016.

The GOP has not protected our rights the have allowed them to be slowly eroded away in the name of compromise. Compromise on some issues is a slow road to hell!

26-Apr-16
"Apathy is a slow death that rots society from the inside out.

We need people that can articulate the arguments and we need to band together on commonalities to collectively influence change. To set and bitch is the lowest form of apathy."

The world is run by those that show up! It amazes me how many people will bitch and moan but will not participate in any way. Whether it is even just joining their local club or organization if it doesn't benefit them personally it is a non starter. Answer honestly, do you want to be one of those people who looks back and says "we should have done more".

26-Apr-16
Worse than general apathy are those who choose not to vote as a form of protest. I understand that you may not like the choices, but to not vote is the same as voting for whoever wins. You might as well just cast the vote for the winner.

Sorry to hear about what is going on in your state Pat. We will welcome you and your trophies in Nebraska.

26-Apr-16
Sorry, Double Post

26-Apr-16
The evidence is overwhelming that politics or politicians will NEVER get us out of the situation this world ( not just this country ) is in. Those hoping to change the foregone conclusion by voting for WHOEVER are in for disappointment. Nothing will change for the better until it gets much worse.

26-Apr-16
Send them a copy of the recent study released by the United Nations group. The study is in SUPPORT of sport hunting. I may have come across that on the Hunt Talk forums.

When I have time, I'll try to dig it up....

>>>>-------->

26-Apr-16
Men, you can't move away from this problem. It is brewing in every state in one fashion or another.

Legislation erodes civil rights more and more everywhere you go. I feel we are like that penny that you put on that funnel at the mall and watch it go around and around faster and faster to eventually disappear down a black hole never to be seen again.

26-Apr-16
This is right up there with my home state of NC saying a man can enter a bathroom with my nieces. Isn't it amazing how the few are dictating their insane beliefs to the majority. Most of these changes probably occurred due to our apathy and self concern. We need to start raising heck with our politicians. These days young men are raised more on porn then Christ and it sure shows. We are looking at the "rise and fall of the roman empire" from what I can see. Okay, Im off my soapbox- Northeast states have had knuckleheaded politicians for years and stuff like this was bound to happen

27-Apr-16
NC Hunter - Actually the State of North Carolina did the exact opposite. Hb 2 is in response to a city of Charlotte ordinance requiring business to let men in womens restrooms, showers, etc..

In this case, the State did the right thing. It amazes me people get this so wrong.

Pat - Get out of there. Enough excuses, your children deserve better than the state of CT.

27-Apr-16
I got it wrong only in that Raleigh blocked what Charlotte tried to pass, but my home city of Charlotte's city government seems bound and determine to make it work in their liberal favor. Target went ahead and has redone their bathrooms to allow exactly what I said.My point was that the major changes are being done to satisfy the few. Hey cut me some slack- I worked a 15 hour day.

27-Apr-16
Guys, we need to stop fighting liberals and start thinking like them, no matter how much it might make our heads hurt. What we need to do is apply for MINORITY STATUS as hunters. End of trouble.

28-Apr-16
Pat,

Wouldn't the fact that it went through customs make it legal for any state. It's like the AR"s. they know what we have. Why make us tell you again what you already know?

28-Apr-16
As a fellow CT resident, I find it ridiculous that they can pass blanket legislation to attempt to fix a small problem, instead of just enforcing existing laws.

That is their answer to everything in Hartford.... more nonsense legislation that limits your rights.

28-Apr-16
Form a corporation and donate 'em.

28-Apr-16

Jim in PA's Link
A few days ago I contacted a friend and past president of SCI and asked what was their involvement in both the NJ and Ct Bills being floated. The next day I received a lengthy email from SCI Director of Government Affairs. He went into detail on what the are doing in different states. As mentioned earlier NJ bill is passed waiting on Governors signature. The hope is he will veto it but it is politics so you never know. Ct Has not passed the bill however SCI reps have met with CT legislators face to face to explain the flaws in the proposed bill. I am not comfortable copy and pasting the entire email but below is the closing paragraph:

"I hope this helps add some clarity on what we have been doing on the state level. As you can see we have been very active and will remain so in any number of states. Here is a link to our state affairs section on the SCI website that shows you issues we have been involved with on various levels across the country https://www.safariclub.org/what-we-do/freedom-to-hunt/state-affairs"

The link attached is SCI's State Legislative Priorities. I urge you to take a look at it and see if your state is listed. Mine was and I have done what I can to contact the Gov's office. You should all be doing the same. And you should be a member of SCI , They are protecting your rights.

28-Apr-16
You may have to move to less liberal state Pat.

28-Apr-16
What a crock of liberal sheet! It is just mind boggling how people can be so liberal and not realize they have no smarts. The NE of the USA is liberal country.

Move Pat,you seem to be too smart to live in libtard land.

Too bad liberals can't be hunted. This country would be better off without ANY of them.

29-Apr-16
s the help of Connecticut members to get Senate Bill No. 227—AN ACT CONCERNING CECIL'S LAW, voted out of the Environment Committee by March 18 and passed by the full Senate and House. SB 227, drafted by Friends of Animals, would ban the importation, possession, sale or transportation in Connecticut of the African elephant, lion, leopard, and black and white rhinos—all threatened and endangered species. - See more at: https://www.friendsofanimals.org/news/2016/march/take-action-help-pass-cecils-law-connecticut#.dpuf

29-Apr-16
Just received an email indicating that the Netherlands has banned importation of over 200 species -effective immediately. The guy responsible for it acknowledged that hunting paid for conservation and has even helped to restore endangered species. He didn't care because he was "disgusted" by "trophy hunting". He also said that he is urging all member countries of the EU to take the same action. I agree with Jim, you need to support SCI and the other conservation organizations. The Libs don't care about science or facts. There is no middle ground.

01-May-16
Rally the troops and flood their inboxes. Only votes and the potential of losing their seats will stop it. In VA, we're quickly going down that path. (Actually our country is). VA like many states, have a few counties that surround the big cities, where votes are bought with handouts, are begining to rule the state. I sometimes wish DC would annex some of the suburbs, so they are no longer part of VA,but also know that would really screw my firend sthat live in them. Our current POS governor McAuliffe was elected by a narrow margin thanks to those districts and hehas taken more radical measures to screw us since he's been in office than the former no.1 enemy of the sportsman Gov Tim Kaine. Moving to another state is looking better and better to me everyday. TX and OK are on my short list. FL is too, although I can see the potential for what someone else mentioned there..

05-May-16
— Cecil's Law: The House of Representatives failed to vote on a bill that would ban the importing, possessing, offering for sale or transporting in Connecticut big game specimens, including certain elephants, lions, leopards and two rhinoceros species........my 6yr old niece can now sleep better knowing the state wont take he stuffed animals...lol

05-May-16
This state is so screwed up that they couldn't even pass a budget, much less an Animal Rights Bill. They ran out of time, and it died on the Calendar.

Only passed one bad Gun law too, that's a pretty good session for us.

05-May-16
All you level headed guys from liberal land need to move to Texas. It will help balance out the lefties here in Austin, San Antonio, Houston, Dallas....................

05-May-16
Pat I have lived in ct for 53 years and can't wait to move . But like you said mom and dad both on there 90's work just can't make it happen yet . But soon first the 10 rd mag law now this . Who the hell do they think there are , they work us right let's remind them of that the next time we vote .

• Sitka Gear