pav 25-Apr-16
IdyllwildArcher 25-Apr-16
Cazador 25-Apr-16
stealthycat 25-Apr-16
Zim1 28-Apr-16
Genesis 28-Apr-16
Cazador 30-Apr-16
24-Apr-16
If you look at the stats, it sorta looks like every NR gets their tag anyways...

How much is the point out the door if you're not putting in for the draw?

24-Apr-16
If you really want to eliminate any risk of not drawing in 2017 grab a point. If you know the unit you will hunt Kansas has past draw results on their site. They did raise the tag cost a bit this year so that may knock down the number of guys applying but last year most units sold out during the draw period. C

24-Apr-16
1. the cost of a PP for deer in Kansas is $25.

2. No doubt, there are less Nonresident tags available and some, not all units, might require a PP.

3. As a non resident, the licenses is not statewide but usable in only two units that are adjacent to each other. You apply for the primary and also the adjacent secondary unit when applying.

4. Current nonresident cost-- total $540, which includes the mandatory small game license and then the deer tag.

6. The good news is that the small game license can be used for turkeys and pheasants along with waterfowl, if needed.

24-Apr-16
Idyl,

I know a few guys that didn't draw last year, IMO better to be safe than sorry. Who knows if they will lower tag numbers next year. I am buying a point this year just to have one.

XMan

24-Apr-16
Really, when you look at the scheme of things $25 is next to nothing with big game hunting, especially to locations - Gila elk, Maine moose, Kansas or Iowa whitetails.

If you get the point, you're about guaranteed a permit the next time you want one.

Several hundred people wished they'd have had the point when they applied for 2015. It will be the same for 2016.

Raised permit fees may knock apps down a little, but not as much as demand has gone up from year to year.

On second thought, if you're worried about the $25, don't get one...somebody will be danged glad you didn't, and they did, in a coming draw.

24-Apr-16
Depends on the unit youre trying for. If you want to set aside a 2017 fall hunt for sure, easy decision.

25 bucks now, big buck then.....I'm all in!

25-Apr-16
If I buy a point now, in order to guarantee a tag next time I apply, how soon would I have to use it before it expires?

25-Apr-16
I didn't realize it was only $25 out the door. It sorta looked like you had to buy the hunting lic.

Thanx for the info guys.

25-Apr-16
May a big buck await you in 2017.

25-Apr-16
mu buddy didn't draw in 2013 or 2015

I didn't draw in 2015

28-Apr-16
Kansas points are just a remnant of long gone times when the state used to manage for quality. Now they are just a special interest group's bought and paid for politician's feel good story. Now nobody even remembers the corrupt legislator's name who sponsored the bill and promptly resigned to outfit fulltime on his inherited from daddy spread. The points are worthless. I've had 4 unused for the last decade. Likely never use them either.

28-Apr-16
The "Wheez Po" Gremlin has cost many a man the opportunity of a lifetime....

For the cost of 10 oz of 5 hour Energy you can insure your rightful and well earned place in KS....STACK THE DECK

30-Apr-16
I'm in, hope we draw.

• Sitka Gear