Swivelhead 30-Apr-16
icemann 30-Apr-16
greg simon 30-Apr-16
Straight Shooter 30-Apr-16
Shiras 30-Apr-16
Straight Shooter 01-May-16
Unit 9er 01-May-16
28-Apr-16
It took me what seems like "forever" but I finally scored on a early season unit 15 tag!!! Planning on making a scouting trip over the summer and hunting from the 1st to the 14th. Any advice from someone that's hunted the unit recently would be appreciated. If your hunting the second season I may be able to help you out.

Good luck to all the "lucky ones"

DJ

29-Apr-16
Elk numbers are down from what they used to be but still plenty of elk and lots of people for a draw unit. In 2012 the elk were talking in August and some all ready had small harems. Shouldn't be too hard to find elk if you put on some miles. Hunt tougher terrain to get away from people. South side of Dillon mountain is rough and holds elk. There are a few other rough places residents don't go if you look. Water holes can be ok but they are also great places to meet other hunters. Good luck, I'm sure you'll have a good hunt.

29-Apr-16
DJ check your email

29-Apr-16
So...your the one who got my tag...I wish you the best of luck. I suggest you put everything you have into this opportunity. There's a good chance that it won't come around again unless they change something. I loved 15 and used to hunt there every year that I applied. I haven't drawn in the last 15+ years. I'm starting to doubt that I'll ever go back.

29-Apr-16
Don thanks for the email, good talking to you today. I'm hoping to make everyone proud! Hang, sorry I got your tag, but someone has taken mine the past 9 years!! Good luck to everybody.

DJ

29-Apr-16
I meant Hawg!!

DJ

30-Apr-16
15 is a good time. Did not see big bulls there but enough 300+ to keep it interesting. Plenty of elk. Congrats on your tag.

30-Apr-16
I will be south of you in 16A 2nd season :}

30-Apr-16
I will be in 16d the first season, just south of you! Good luck and September can't get here soon enough!

30-Apr-16
I here ya, been a long time coming! Good luck to you guys as well.

DJ

30-Apr-16
I will be there...As a pack mule for friends.

01-May-16
Shiras, I'll be needing a "pack mule" lets keep in touch!!

DJ

01-May-16
2 years ago, a friend of mine and his hunting partner shot a 6x6 and a 7x6 who were fighting on opening morning at 0715.

Good luck!

• Sitka Gear