mgmicky 30-Apr-16
EmbryOklahoma 02-May-16
hogthief 02-May-16
SmoothieJonez 02-May-16
MassBucks 03-May-16
hogthief 03-May-16
Teeton 03-May-16
29-Apr-16
Has anyone used both of these apps and or Antler Insanity? I am looking for opinions on which one fit their overall needs? I Hunt mainly Deer and Turkey in one state several spots within a few hours of each other. Any input is appreciated.

29-Apr-16
I've used both, within the past year and a half. Hunt stand lite for me.

29-Apr-16
Why not both ? I use one for some things and the other for other things. Mostly use HuntStand for the measureing tools. ScoutLook is what I use to mark my stands and note wind direction.

29-Apr-16
I have 5 or 6 large tracts around four midwest whitetail States and use Scoutlook exclusively. The property owners really appreciate that I can have a stand marked and walk myself in even in the dark. I have about 300 stands marked. For me and whitetail hunting it does all I need. C

29-Apr-16
Charlie - Do you use Scoutlook to mark Deer Trails, sign etc.? It seems like the huntstand app makes this a little easier? I like how quick Scoutlook is for wind direction weather etc. compared to Huntstand.

29-Apr-16
No I do not mark trails just stands. I looked at Huntstand but didn't find anything I needed.

30-Apr-16
Huntstand most of the time but I like antler insanity better than both for marking stands, trails, scrapes etc.

30-Apr-16
My buddies and I use antler insanity. It's simple, free, and does everything we need it to...

02-May-16
Thanks for the opinions everyone. How many are using these apps to walk to a stand location?

02-May-16
I can walk to all of my stands in the dark, without an app. Not agricultural either. But, I've been hunting the same track for some time now.

If I were to hunt land I've only set foot on once or twice and it was a good clip getting to my stand, I might use one of these apps.

I like drycreeks answer about which to use. Try both and use the one that works best. After scout look changed their format, I deleted it because it became more difficult to navigate. Someone recommended hunt stand and I like its format, and the measuring distances part, has came in very handy.

02-May-16
Scout look used to be good, but they "upgraded" and it won't work for me anymore. Their customer service was nonexistent.

02-May-16
The Scent Cone feature on ScoutLookWeather is an imperative tool I've been using for several years now during whitetail season.

03-May-16
hogthief, that happened to me as well. I deleted it then re-downloaded it. It works great now. Give it a shot.

03-May-16
MassBucks, thanks for the info.

03-May-16
I opened up Huntstand lite a week or so ago and it asking me to update it.

Anyone else get that message??

Ed

• Sitka Gear