Woods Walker 03-May-16
ridgerunnerron 03-May-16
Vonfoust 03-May-16
Jim in PA 03-May-16
Jim in PA 03-May-16
02-May-16

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Similar to Connecticuts Bill. I read where it was pocket vetoed but still intact. It ain't over.

03-May-16
It will never be over. It is just a differnt angle to ban hunting. They can't get it banned so they make it where it is not legal to bring the animals home. They will try it again , it passed the legislature unanimously in one house and an overwhelming majority in the other. Now is the time to educate the politicians as to why this is a terrible law and does nothing for conservation.

03-May-16
X-2 Jim. I've been hunting since I was 12, and it started then. I've been in this battle now for 52 years. It never really changes.

03-May-16
X-3 Jim!

03-May-16
The problem is that they make it sound so reasonable that most non-hunters think it's a good thing. "Who could possibly be against the import of animals ready to go extinct?" Then, the next step is to quietly list everything as ready to go extinct. Non-hunters don't pay attention to this next step.

03-May-16
Looks like It may not be as good as thought. While it is vetoed the governor has asked for amendments which if in place he would then sign. Need to look at more details but it is not at all finished, maybe just delated a month or so.

03-May-16
Vonfoust,

You are right on the money. the majority of people don't have a horse in this race and when asked, they think they are doing the right thing by agreeing with a bill like this. After all who wants to kill an animal that is endangered. Of course some people follow the propaganda put out that all wildlife is endangered. They do not see the success's that have brought many of these species back from the edge. Most of these success stories have been funded by hunters and the organizations we support. The average person BELIEVES that elephants are endangered along with most other high value species because that is what has been drummed into them. That is why EDUCATION is our best weapon in fighting this insanity.

Jim in PA although I really need to change to Jim in NJ

• Sitka Gear