tacklebox 04-May-16
IdyllwildArcher 04-May-16
DIYHuntingMaps 04-May-16
IdyllwildArcher 04-May-16
03-May-16

DIYHuntingMaps's embedded Photo

DIYHuntingMaps's Link
Due to so many requests, Beetle kill and Burn data are now available for Colorado with 'The Digital Hunting Guide'. While I was at it, there is now Species data for Elk, Deer, and Antelope which includes Migration Data/Corridors, Production Areas, Perennial Water, Concentration Areas, and Overall Range.

If you're not familiar with 'The Digital Hunting Guide', it's the same great information you find on our Paper Maps, similar to how it works on your GPS, with the added ability to Print Maps from Home, and Interact with Layers like I mentioned above. I have 5 day free trials and monthly subscriptions at only $4.95.

03-May-16

This is what the elk data would look like for a unit.

03-May-16
Yow, Jordan, great addition!

03-May-16
Thanks Pat! I've been looking every where for some logging information but keep striking out. I may end up having to call the Forest Service, which usually takes FOREVER to get anything.

03-May-16
Nevermind, I have Timber Harvest data! What timelines would be important to you guys? I have data as far back as 1820 and planned Timber Harvests out to 2113 (that is some serious long term planning!). Planned this year, last years, 2, 5, 10, 15, 30, 50? Let me know what you guys look for in Timber Harvest areas and I'll get it added to the system.

Jordan

03-May-16
That is some sweet stuff!

03-May-16
I don't know about for elk, but the data on mule deer here in Cali is that burns/cuts positively affect the mule deer numbers for 10 years and that reflects what I've heard from talking to guys who've hunted the same areas for years.

If the data didn't have the year of the cut, it'd probably be better to only go back 5.

Planned cuts out a few years would be useful for scouting/planning purposes while hunting.

03-May-16

IdyllwildArcher's embedded Photo
IdyllwildArcher's embedded Photo
Here's a free beetle kill map for you guys.

04-May-16

DIYHuntingMaps's Link
So as of right now, Timber Harvest is now available! View Planned (out to 3 years), Current, 10 year, 30 year, and historical (back to 1950) with a subscription to 'The Digital Hunting Guide' Colorado. Go try it out!

04-May-16
Way Cool!

04-May-16
That's pretty cool. I could see that being super helpful, especially if you're not a local.

04-May-16
Thanks guys! Your map about sums up beetle kill by the way Idyllwild! HAHAHAHAHA

04-May-16
Yours show better detail :)

• Sitka Gear