Matt 13-May-16
loopmtz 14-May-16
ohiohunter 14-May-16
IdyllwildArcher 14-May-16
glunker 15-May-16
ohiohunter 15-May-16
ohiohunter 15-May-16
03-May-16
Looking to try these this year on my elk hunt. Anyone know the difference between the silver and black model. Is one stainless and the other carbon steel.

How is the flight on these out to around 50 yards?

03-May-16
I'm not sure there is a perceivable difference between the black and the silver. Flight? As good or better than any fixed blade out there. I've been using them for 10 years now. The only downfall is they are a PITA to sharpen

03-May-16
I know several people who use or have used them with great success. They are a great head. Me personally I prefer Slick Trick Magnums.

03-May-16
I bought a pack to try for my sept elk hunt based on the good reviews on here. Actually was going to also try two other brands.... But I found they shoot really well out of my Halon so now dont want to touch my setup. Very quiet. Shoot along with field points and can't hear any difference. I had to shoot out to 60 yards to set my tape on my tommy hog and it shot within my field point group.

03-May-16
Diff in color is ones painted black vs the other isn't.. Great head i shot in the past.

03-May-16
I have both that I've looked over, can't tell any difference. Flight is OK but nothing special that I've noticed. I don't use them for two reasons, they feel like pop metal & to resharpen to a razors edge is very tough to do, I don't want just an OK sharp head or settle for anything less that eye popping sharpness & those heads are tough to get to that level. Lots of folks hunt with them & do well but not my cup of tea! (grin)

ElkNut1

03-May-16
I don't have any input on the head as I have not used them. But aren't they a replaceable blade head ?? I ask that because of the resharpening statement.

Thanks,,Ed

03-May-16
I shot my elk last year using them, blew right through the elk.

03-May-16
I used them this year. Had trouble getting blades to seat all the way, but other than that I liked them.

03-May-16
teeton, yes they have replaceable heads but really are not that sharp out of the package when compared to heads like slick tricks or Exodus Qad heads & others. The head feels solid enough but to sharpen is tough. Just an honest observation.

ElkNut1

03-May-16
Thanks for the feedback. I have no intention of sharpening these. I want a replaceable blade that is sharp ,out of the package. If I am going to have to sharpen a head I'll just stick with the VPA's I have been using the last few years. I am challenged when it comes to sharpening a BH so am going back to a replaceable blades.

Arrow flight is a big deal for me. If I don't get great flight I'm not using a head. And as far as sharpness I judge a head based on how it performed on an animal not on my forearm shaving heir.

Several on this forum seem to have done ok killing bulls with this head. I think I'll pick up a tree pack and see how the flight goes and judge from there.

03-May-16
Tracker, if you'd like I have 3 Shuttle T's in 125 grain in great shape that were practiced with, also brand new replaceable blades for each that I'd let you have. If interested PM your address & I'll send them to you, no charge.

p.s. sharpness of a broadhead is very important, razor sharp heads will do their best to cut everything they come in contact with such as veins, arteries, muscle or any tissues, if not sharp the tendency would be to push some of these things aside instead of slicing them. Cutting everything a head comes in contact with will provide as much blood for tracking as is possible. Always consider razor sharp heads & do not practice with them & put back in the quiver with out touching up any head. Good luck!

ElkNut1

03-May-16
I have used these heads for several years and they have never disappointed at all. They are sharp out of the box but also can be touched up if needed. Every elk I have hit has had a good blood trail. Actually most didn't need a bleed trail because they drop in less than 50 yards. I have never hit big bones so don't know how they will hold up (leg or shoulder) but I have hit ribs lots and have had no issues.

They also fly the best I have seen with any BH I have tried. Good luck this year.

03-May-16

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
I've used the Shuttle T and now the Terminal T's since they came out in 2006! Been fortunate to kill many species with them. I like replaceable and re-sharpen able. I use them because they are low profile and fly great. I don't really change broad heads often (every 10 years) so I may not be a good source of information but whatever you use BELIEVE! C

03-May-16
I have been told the "sharp but rough" line of thinking was to inflict as much damage as possible on the way through. Similar to a serrated edge I guess. The razor sharp line of thinking is that because of the clean cut, the blood does not begin to clot as quickly and therefore leaves a better trail.

03-May-16
I think it is valid to talk about the sharpness of a Shuttle T but, the flight is unparalleled. Also...you would be hard pressed to find a tougher head. If you can deal with the winged blades for resharpening or plan to just replace blades they are awesome.

03-May-16
I have had great luck with the Shuttle T heads. While I agree that the blades are not as sharp out of the package as some of the other broadheads, I have never been disappointed with the results. For a replaceable blade broadhead, the blade retention is 2nd to none in my opinion.

03-May-16
Elknut1 Thanks for the great offer. I'll get a PM out to you. I have a pig hunt in June that might be a good opportunity to test them out. There are enough happy hunters that I'd like to give them a chance.

03-May-16
Great offer by Elknut1 for the Shuttle T's. I'd like to keep the Broadhead pass going.

I have 5 Slick Trick 85 grain broad heads and one additional one that needs blades that I would send to someone that would like to try these out. It would make a great head for someone shooting a light weight arrow. Just let me know.

03-May-16
I have nothing but good things to say about them...And like Charlie, i have been shooting the Terminal version the last couple seasons

04-May-16

JW's embedded Photo
JW's embedded Photo
Shuttle Ts and Terminal Ts are all I will ever shoot. Tough as nails, short, all steel ferrule and .041 non vented blades are tough as hell. The most accurate fixed blade I've ever tried and I've shot a ton of them.

Terminals are easier to sharpen, but you can get the Shuttles very sharp as well, you just have to find a system that works for you.

I've taken whitetails, antelope, turkey and African plains game with them and blood trails were short and plentiful. Here's the blood trail from a blue wildebeest shot with a 100 grain Shuttle T.

04-May-16

otcWill's embedded Photo
otcWill's embedded Photo
Bull elk shoulder blown to pieces. 125 Shuttle T

04-May-16
Saw that pic. Amazing what the head did. I had a slick Trick do similar damage to a caribou a few years ago. I know guys like COC tips but a COC tip would not do that kind of damage to a bone when a bad shot is made. And we all know that bad shots for one reason or another do occur.

04-May-16
"I know guys like COC tips but a COC tip would not do that kind of damage to a bone"

Just FYI, thats not entirely correct, single bevel heads do that with much less energy actually and with a COC tip.

That is an impressive display of the energy these compounds deliver and the durability of that head. Awesome pic!

04-May-16
Tracker if those Slick Tricks are available I would take them off your hands. My son is starting archery hunting this year. Would be a great head for him.

04-May-16

woodguy65's embedded Photo
woodguy65's embedded Photo
Actually they are fairly easy to touch up and keep sharp after practicing with them, just use a "round" file, several strokes then flip. Then reverse for the other side.

As I stated earlier complete pass through (100 grain), on elk last September. As others have stated I use because it is the best flying for me.

They are pretty tough but no where near VPA tough.

04-May-16
Elkaddict PM me your sons name and address and I'll get them out to him. Might even have a few 85# field points to throw in.

05-May-16
I've never shot these. Probably because I just never trusted shooting a broadhead that was copied off a NASA space vehicle! ;-)

05-May-16
I've shot them the last two years. I have killed a couple of animals with them. They do work, but I observed that other broadheads have killed quicker for me and the blood trails were not anything to write home about. I switched back to another broadhead that I have had better results with.

07-May-16
They fly well (and are quiet) and are a solid replaceable blade broadhead. I have shot several animals, including some elk with them. The blood trails were mostly average. One heart shot dropped buckets of blood. All but one have been passthroughs. All of the animals I shot made it 5-75 yards. I have no reason to change heads.

07-May-16
They fly silent, are dead on with field points, but are horrible for sharpness and too much effort to sharpen vs STs out of the pack. I even shot them out of a crossbow at 375+ and they flew like field tips. Just wish they would figure out how to sharpen.

07-May-16
I sharpen mine all the time like wood guy. Have killed hundreds of animals with them.

08-May-16
2 elk and 2 mule deer to date, all complete pass throughs.

10-May-16
Anybody else find it ironic that there are 36 posts here and not ONE of them has any scorn for a broadhead that was modeled after the SPACE SHUTTLE?

But someone starts a topic on a certain 2 blade mechanical and you can't go 5 posts without someone ridiculing it! ;-)

10-May-16
No, I don't. Mechanicals will always get more ridicule. Why wouldn't they?

10-May-16
What do you have against the Space Shuttle?

10-May-16
Don't have anything against the Shuttle T's. As I said, I've never used them. Just making an observation! ;-)

10-May-16
Perry, How dare you come on here and insult someone else's choice of broadhead! It doesn't matter that it looks like a astronauts wet dream, or that they don't have sharp blades...they work for the people who use them, and I can respect that! Seems you have a case of broadhead Rage. ;-)

10-May-16
Well I don't remember any wet dreams over my broad heads, but then again I'm no astronaut either. However watching my 350+ bull drop in less than 20 yards after being shot with Shuttle Ts....well now, that does get a guy a little excited.

10-May-16
UH OH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now you dun it, Josh!!!!!!!! You went and used the R-word!!!!!!!!!! ;-)

10-May-16
6pt - I bet! I think I would be beyond ecstatic watching 350 bull elk hit the ground!

Perry - the "R" word was mentioned in a previous post, so I thought it was fair game! ;-)

10-May-16
Oh, I didn't see that. Guess I overlooked that post! ;-)

11-May-16
ElkNut pretty much summed it up. The blade sharpness is suspect at best and they are a pain to sharpen and or put new blades in them. There are sharper heads out there and with elk that is a critical component.

11-May-16
Got three in the mail the other day from Elknut1. Thanks Paul. Not to get out and give them a test on the range. Granted they do not seem as sharp as some but that never bothered me much. The first batch of Slick Tricks were so so and killed plenty of game for me.

11-May-16
Dude, would you rather be killed w/ a butter knife or a razor sharp machete? I don't think I've read a more unethical post on this site.

11-May-16
Ohiohunter, why so abrasive all the time?

11-May-16
How is Shuttle T redundant? It's obvious where the shuttle comes from but the T comes from the blade locking mechanism. I don't see any redundancy.

11-May-16
Abrasive? Not all the time, but when a guy openly says he knowingly uses dull bh's. Yeah I'll get a little abrasive. I've encountered far too many idiot hunters, I've lost land and have been denied permission b/c of others blatant disrespect for the outdoors, the outdoors we/most of us love and enjoy. So no I don't take it lightly. Soloman, whats your stance regarding known dull bh's? Condemn or condone?

Making fun of a bh b/c it looks like a shuttle that happens to be called the SHUTTLE t is redundant, or over stating the obvious. I think its funny I'm called abrasive when comprehension is dismissed just to jump on someones back, but seems to be the norm.

Maybe I should type more gingerly, don't wanna offend anyone w/ my abrasiveness. Na

11-May-16
No, you're just one of those guys that's in every group. Loves turmoil and drama and not satisfied unless you're stirring up the shit.

12-May-16
I'm glad you know me, but you did not answer the question. Typical, but disappointing. Whos stirring what now?

You can't even rationalize and discuss the topic you'd rather try to call out someone on a forum, whats going to come of it? I know what will come of it, the exact thing you accuse me of. Truth hurts pal.

12-May-16
Speaking of redundant ... asking me how I'd like to be killed lol

12-May-16
I've seen the other threads you have spun out of control, so there is absolutely no point in having a logical discussion with someone like you. They have all just turned into you name calling a belittling.

Typical, but disappointing.

12-May-16
Still refuse to accept the facts. But Im glad you've been following me, flattering, well not really.

13-May-16
I love seeing people on the internet putting words in other people's mouths and then beating them up over it. Is it still winter in Ohio?

14-May-16
Sweet!

14-May-16
It could be 90* today and snow tomorrow! I remember sled riding on easter!

14-May-16
Guys guys guys...

This is a BH discussion. You're supposed to be eviscerating each other based on BH dynamics, not personality. This is not The View.

15-May-16
Brunner has a lot of strong opinions. He has a lot of experience. He is also strong minded and it is hard to change his mind if he has it made up. Personally I thought the rough edge theory had been debunked a long time ago, kind of surprised.

15-May-16
It does make sense to a degree. Think about how well serrated edges keep their "edge", but to say a blade is dull upon entrance is a stretch. Serrated edges stay sharper longer, but I wouldn't say they stay razor sharp. I've killed plenty of animals and the blades were still sharp, someone here would put it back in the quiver.

Another theory/fact to consider is a razor's cut takes longer to stop bleeding than a ragged cut produced by ragged/serrated edges.

If this particular topic was a large deciding factor regarding lost or found game every company would offer high grade steel for blades like Solid's s30v heads.

15-May-16
Can't get the solids sharp enough, am I reading that correct?

s30v is a different animal compared to other BH's. s30v is hard so it takes longer to put an edge on, but when you get the edge you'll see why its expensive stuff. This is my preferred steel for my knives, quarter out an elk and still have plenty edge for later.

• Sitka Gear