Z Barebow 12-May-16
ELKMAN 13-May-16
KTH 16-May-16
tonyo6302 17-May-16
APauls 17-May-16
03-May-16

Zbone's Link
Wolverine Killed in North Dakota

Didn't know whether to post here on small game forum of this rare event or the community formum. Figure more response here...

See linky:

https://robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2016/04/28/wolverine-killed-in-north-dakota/

03-May-16
I can remember Russell Annabell writing stories about this little badass critter in the hunting mags of my youth. I would love to have seen one in the flesh !

03-May-16
We had one roaming around my place down in NoCo a few years ago. It was collared and wandered down from Idaho, I believe. It wintered here, then wandered further south toward Leadville before the batteries in the collar ran out.

Never got to see it, but what cool creatures.

03-May-16
Heap. I'd love to see one.

I read a story in Fur-Fish&Game a decade a so or go, about a fella that saw one while fishing in the wilds somewhere. It was across the creek from him. He decided to hit it with a rock. He did. From the story, it became irritated and started across the river. Causing the guy to panic and run. Long story short, it nonchantlantly followed him for three or four miles back to his truck. Him panicking and running. The wolverine just loping behind him. It was a funny story. God Bless men

03-May-16
We had a small female carry sheep quarters out of camp bone in. It stole 3 before we killed it.

Seen another fishing for salmon just like a bear.

Seen another catch a duck in a lake. There was a little cove about 12' across. It would poke it's head up out of the brush on one side and spook the ducks to the other side. Then it would sneak around and jump in after the ducks. After ten tries or so it finally got one.

Also came face to face with one hiking in Washington. Cool little creatures.

03-May-16
I was lucky enough to kill one on a caribou hunt in NWT. I was also unlucky enough to leave it with a taxidermist that disappeared.

03-May-16
I have had two great encounters over the years. One time there was a young one inside a gutted out bull when I got there the next morning. We where both very surprised. Hunt

03-May-16
I have seen 3 in the NWT (Glunt...I think I know that taxidermist) and had one very close. It was paralleling my direction of travel and kept about 50 yards between us. I got a lot of great mental video of the encounter. I also had one not far from my mountain camp in Alaska last year. I think they embody the wilderness and I admire their work ethic.

03-May-16
Living in ND, I think it is cool to know that critters like a wolverine could be out there. (Unfortunately one less but such is life)

03-May-16
Did they use a 12 gauge?

03-May-16
Incredible creatures....I saw one in BC last year. It covered about 200 yards of a rock slide faster than I could get my camera out and find it in the lense:(

The term bad a$$ comes to mind!

Mark

03-May-16
I thought the same thing as you, Bowfreak - GOSH!

12-May-16

Z Barebow's embedded Photo
Z Barebow's embedded Photo
Here is an update to the story. Pretty cool. Definitely a traveler!

12-May-16
Wow cool Z Barebow, thanks for sharing... The dude definitely got around...8^)

12-May-16
This was our local wolvie in Northern CO a couple years ago before he moved on south. Several of my neighbors saw him. M-51 I believe. Unfortunately I never got to see him, but given my luck he probably would have chased me.

12-May-16
Lou

Rumor has it this wolverine vowed that if CO legalized pot, he was moving. LOL!

12-May-16
cool stuff!!

12-May-16
If he was looking for another wolverine he was headed the wrong way I think..... maybe that's what makes em so mean???

A wolverine date must shake the forest.....

12-May-16
TD I was thinking something similar. Maybe that is why there are so few of them. Not even other wolverines want to be around a wolverine. Too mean!

13-May-16
You got any pics of that Hunter? I would love to see that little face peaking out! LOL!

16-May-16

KTH's embedded Photo
KTH's embedded Photo
WOVERIENES!!!!!!!

17-May-16
Marty Stoufer, on his show Wild America, did a great show with awesome footage of the Wolverine.

If you can find it, I highly recommend you watch that episode.

17-May-16
I know a trapper claims he saw with his own eyes a wolverine grab a cow moose in the ribs with its front claws and as the thing ran away it just raked the guts open with its hind feet and all the guts fell out and the moose keeled over and died. Said it looked like it wasn't that things first rodeo.

• Sitka Gear