onetohunt 09-Jun-16
drycreek 09-Jun-16
TSOV 16-Jun-16
TSOV 16-Jun-16
Ibow 16-Jun-16
19-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Hi everyone, Well I headed up to Northern Saskatchewan on May 6 to check out camp ,help bait,and to get my brother in law David his first black bear and film it! Well the hunt lasted a hour lol......we walked into a bait and two large boars were on it and ran off a short distance.....Jeremy said one was 18+ and one was 20+.....we hung two stands and a soon as Jeremy's truck was down the road the big boy was on his way back.....he came in but never offered David a great shot......he grabbed a fish and walked off into bush......we could hear him eating and see a big black blob back in the bush.....we watched the blob for 40 minutes or so when I heard David say "he is up and coming" in a hurry I glanced to the spot and seen black legs getting close .....I got my camera out and ready ......the bruin cleared the bush I focused got David and bear both in shot.....David drew.....Then this little voice in my head said ....that's the other bear...."thwack".... Well as many first few time bear guys know the big and bigger bears are hard to tell apart.....well David made a perfect shot.....and after a short track job ....a P&Y 18.5" bear was his! Great bear great hunt! But I'd lie if I said I wasn't mad at myself for not yelling "wait " lol.......Ill add all the hunters pics on this thread...keep checking back! Tsov

19-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Pics of David and My hunt...us in stands

19-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
20"+ bear

19-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Big fat bear on a bait

19-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Beautiful country ,awesome sunset!

19-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Same spot at almost midnight

19-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Was fun baiting.....there was a 19+ boar on almost every bait! This huge wilderness the guys have has been a converor belt for large black bears for 20 years....they get bears wonder out of the bush that are huge and have very little fear of man.....the camp average the last 2 springs is 19"

19-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Moose tongue soooooo good!!!

19-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Camp ....a great site after a long day of traveling!

19-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
David's skull

19-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
The boys and I and Carswell Lake

19-May-16
Ok now for guys who are at camp now.....4 guys.....they were done by day 3 ......First is Warren N....he wanted a 20" bear and he got it first day....great job Warren!! Update green was 19 3/4

19-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Warren's bear

19-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Warren's 19 3/4" again

19-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Also on first day Glenn M Great 18" bear Glenn!!!

19-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Bryan O 3rd day 19" + stud.Great bear Bryan!

19-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
The last Hunter for the week was Sammy H.....he had a wedding to get back to so only had 3 days to hunt.....he passed a 20+ and a 19+ all black on the first day because he really wanted a colored bear....man with 3 days to hunt I thought he was crazy....it's hunting and man anything can happen....but he stuck to his guns and on day 3 he got a 17 7/8" chocolate....so happy it all worked out Sammy!!!

19-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Wildfire in Alberta blew some smoke into camp.

19-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Another Successful week at lone wolf....smiles all around!

19-May-16
Great job guys!! I really need to get back up to Saskatchewan!!

19-May-16
Congrats on some great bears!!

19-May-16
We leave Saturday, can't wait. I'd sure like to top the one I got 2 years ago up there. I think a chocolate would be nice, but if a black one comes in with a nice crease, he'd be hard to pass.

21-May-16
Viewing this thread brings back very pleasant memories. Congrats to all the hunters. Give my best to Brian, Shelly and Jeremy. Lone Wolf Hunts are second to none.

21-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Jeremy seen several 20"+ today on baits!!

22-May-16
great BEARS!

22-May-16
Great picts Tom!

22-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Warren and Bryan called a wolf back to truck after it crossed road! Great pic!

22-May-16

22-May-16
Cool photo of the wolf....

22-May-16
Hi Tom looks like your having a great time sure wish I was there! congrats to the crew nice bears, the guys should do good this week too best place in Saskatchewan to hunt huge bear. tell Jeremy,Brian & Shelley I said HI! plan on getting back up there next spring. kool wolf pic

23-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Next group in and only few hours in we have a 19+ down! Good job John!!! UPDATE this bear went 20 3/4!! More pics to come!

24-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Mike C 19" great job Mike!!!

24-May-16
Seems like more colors this year Tom?

24-May-16
Jeremy seen a big blonde the other day ....about same for color this year as in past....with all the wilderness that they have anything can wonder into a bait!

24-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Mike's bear was 19...here is another pic

24-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Johns's 20 5/8

24-May-16
Awesome!

25-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Another Giant hits the ground! Details to come! UPDATE Brian's bear was 19.3" ...cool pic with the Carswell Lake Cliffs in background!

25-May-16
You guys are shooting some monsters!! Congrats

How's the fishing up there?

25-May-16
Fishing starts today! After the bears are all in the guys will be after some big Pike and Lake Trout...ill post pics

25-May-16
You are killin' me!!! LOL

26-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Mike with a 40" pike....19" bear 40" pike....nice week Mike !

26-May-16
That's indeed a really good week!

26-May-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
25lbs is wt guys are telling me!

27-May-16
How about leaving a few bears for my son and I. We'll be heading that way in a couple of weeks. BTW- You're kill'n us with these posts!

27-May-16
Tom lots of bears left for you guys! Wont be long now for you two!!

29-May-16
Week two done ..1 bear almost 19"...1 bears over 19" one over 20.5" and the last hunter was a guy who has one bear with Lone Wolf Camps that scored over 19" and he held out for a 20"+ and the boys put him on a giant but with love in the air he went chasing a sow....The big bears went missing at end of the week and he didnt see a big bear ....man tough luck ! But thats hunting! Maybe next time Greg! Guys caught lots of fish and had a great time! 5 hunters fly in today! Will post pics for you all as soon as I get them!

01-Jun-16
TSOV you have a PM

01-Jun-16

Stick1@work's MOBILE embedded Photo

It's a beautiful place with great people... True Giants still roam as well. I have full intentions on returning next spring. Bryan and Jeremy are top notch and pretty entertaining. I'll upload a couple more pics

01-Jun-16

01-Jun-16

01-Jun-16

01-Jun-16

My bear finished out at 19 3/4"... The goal was 20". The wife has already given permission for the return. If you don't mind the travel it takes to get there you got a good chance of killing a really old and really big bear.

01-Jun-16

01-Jun-16
Amazing place for sure. Congrats to all.

02-Jun-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Hi all....well last week ended slow with Big Boars going into full rut....this week started more of the same but I guess its getting better....4 of 5 guys have bears and they are tracking the 5th bear right now....only one pic so far ....young Luke with a 20+" stud ....look at the photo bomb blonde in background! More pics and scores to come!! Tsov

02-Jun-16
^^^^^ That might be the best bear hero trophy photo of all time !!

02-Jun-16
I think the one in the background now qualifies as and "educated bear"

02-Jun-16
That is an awesome picture. Thanks for the updates Tom!

02-Jun-16
This is time of year they get bears walk out of the bush and have never seen people....at least have zero fear....guess the blonde wanted his picture taken :)

02-Jun-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Ok that bear green score was 20 5/8!! Also a 19 5/8 ....still no word on other two....ill update when the boys have time to text and send pics.... Sounds like bear #5 got away :(. Everyone bummed about that!! So here are the 20 5\8" and 19 5\8

03-Jun-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Hey guys....wow something great happened today! Gary hit a bear and didn't recover it....so he paid re-hunt fee and today he was 10 miles from the spot where he wounded his bear and it showed up!!! He made a great shot and got the bear!!! And saved his $1500 re-hunt fee!! Lol awesome news!!!! It green scored 19 3/4 "!! So he and his son shot 40 1/4 inches of P&Y skulls!!! Great job guys!! Only at Lone Wolf Camps!!! Tsov

03-Jun-16
That is a crazy story. GREAT news for the outfitter & redemption for the hunter.

03-Jun-16
10 miles injured? Wow!

03-Jun-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Jeremy sent this map.

03-Jun-16
Wow that is a heck of a story. Where did he hit the bear to start with?

03-Jun-16
It was a OOI head ....now dont want to start a debate on this but looks like only one blade deployed and he got 6" of penetration is all ...im not sure of exact placement...but it was a close shot and the head failed...amazing story how he got it....was meant to be his bear thats for sure!!!

04-Jun-16
Yeah it just amazed me how far the bear traveled. That is an amazing within itself, much less that he was able to hunt a different stand so far away and the same bear came by it as well!!! That's pretty awesome!!

04-Jun-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Next week guys are going to have some nice bears to go after! Jeremy seen two big 20+" boars today!!

04-Jun-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
This is the other big one today..

06-Jun-16
Tom,thanks for the great advice on this hunt. Brian and Jeremy are great bear guys. The bear I hit on Wednesday night was hit right in the lung area. Here is what happened! The shot was spot on. The mechanical I used somehow got deflected by a rib and possibly the hide. It shot forward just before it hit lungs. Thankfully, pilot error was not the reason. Jeremy told me that on big bears, mechanicals have given them fits. I was surprised by this but he has much more experience than I do. The next night that same boar came in with the 3 inch gash showing on the right side which served as a perfect target for the second shot. The arrow armed with a shuttle T this time hit the same exact hole and passed through. My son was with me on that hunt and first saw the bear and said, "there's your bear". I had no idea he meant that exact bear. What a crazy story. Thanks for recommending a great outfit. Rebooking for May of 2017. Gary, Guardian Hunting LLC

06-Jun-16
That is an incredible story. Congrats on your bear. You earned it!

06-Jun-16
Hey Gary....great story...its cool how it all worked out!! Those were two great bears! Glad your group had a great time! Tsov

07-Jun-16
So Last week 5 guys...20.5/8 ....19.6/8 ...19.3/8 ....two others near 18...no pics of those yet....was a great week!

07-Jun-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Six guys in camp this week....first day 2 bears down and one wounded ...hope they find it today....have pics but no green score yet. Both look like way above P&Y...UPDATE....now out of the two last night this bear I thought would score higher....he was 19" ....big body young bear.....awesome job Cecil !!!

07-Jun-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
The other bear from last night...Update...this bear scored 19 6/8 ....was a old skinny bear great job Joel!!!

08-Jun-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
20"er fell last night details to come! Update green score 20 3/8" ! Great job Jimmy!!

08-Jun-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
This is Jim's 20 3/8" one day last week

08-Jun-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Sunset at Carswell Lake and Lone Wolf Camps

08-Jun-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
The boys skinning 20"er by the lake :)

08-Jun-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
This is Brian from last week with his bear 17 5/8" great job Brian!!

08-Jun-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
K.O with a 19.1" Color phase bear taken today!!

09-Jun-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Kirk shot a Monster last night!! 20 15/16 !!! Almost green B&C!! Awesome job Kirk! Bear of a lifetime!!

09-Jun-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Kirks big boar and the rest of this weeks crew! They took 5 bears out of 6 guys....unfortunately one hunter had two hits on bears no recovery :( Jeremy said he thinks both non-fatal hits tho so thats good! But the 5 bears down had average for the week at 19 3/4 P&Y !! Lone Wolf Camps comes through again! Good job guys!!

09-Jun-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Kirks big boars front pads !

09-Jun-16
Very nice bears!!!!

09-Jun-16
I don't think I've ever seen this many big bears in one post. Awesome !

16-Jun-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Last two hunters in camp this week and yet another 20" bear!! 20 5/8 ....7 " front pads....he is a true giant! Great job Tom M !!

16-Jun-16

TSOV's embedded Photo
TSOV's embedded Photo
Tom's giant's front pads....

16-Jun-16
Lone Wolf has had an amazing year. Thanks for the updates this spring Tom. It's been a great thread to follow.

• Sitka Gear