Will 02-Jul-20
WV Mountaineer 02-Jul-20
WapitiBob 02-Jul-20
shiloh 02-Jul-20
wooddamon1 03-Jul-20
Wild Bill 03-Jul-20
'Ike' (Phone) 04-Jul-20
24-May-16
Love my Darn Tough Socks, just wondering if there was an "equivalent" out there in the underwear world... thought if anyone knows, it would have to be the bowsite community!

Hate, hate, hate, briefs, boxers etc riding up all the time, love the idea of merino wool, can't find what I want...

24-May-16
Sitka works for me. I use the synthetic boxer, but they do make a merino.

24-May-16
Smart Wool or Icebreaker

24-May-16
Almost kinda funny - guys sharing underwear "secrets"...

24-May-16
HDE, this subject ain't funny ! I almost cried when I learned that Cabels discontinued the drawers I had been wearing for 15 years. ( not the same pair, just the same kind ).. Fortunately, I found Buck Naked drawers. Man, you ought to see me in red drawers ! :)

24-May-16
Buck Naked from Duluth Trading or Under Armor Heat Gear boxer briefs are my favorites.

24-May-16
My experience is anything you buy from Cabela's will eventually get discontinued.

24-May-16
First lite Red Desert boxers. Practically knee length, don't ride up and no stink after wearing several days. Pricey, but worth the $$

24-May-16
G-n-G quote, "First lite Red Desert boxers. Practically knee length..."

I'm getting myself a pair of those to wear with my cutoff jeans and wifebeater T shirt....that give you guys a good mental picture? grin

24-May-16
G n Gx2...3 more pair of First Lites just arrived in the mail today!

I wear them everyday they are so comfortable.

Mark

24-May-16
Try puma, they are freakin awesome!!!

24-May-16
First lite use to be my go to now it's the Kuiu peloton boxers... Much better material and will last longer.

25-May-16
Buck naked from Duluth trading. They will get to stinking though

Tried icebreaker merino, they always feel like I'm getting a wedgie. They have a seem right up the crack. Not comfortable to me

25-May-16
First lites are so dang hot! How do you guys do it? I'd be a chaffed mess after one good day of hiking.

25-May-16
Another happy First Lite wearer!

25-May-16
Some of you guys sound pretty high maintenance. I wear Riddell briefs, 5 for 10$ at Walmart. My wife complains when I buy new ones every six months lol. I need to tell her how lucky she is. ;)

25-May-16
You guys wear underwear?

25-May-16
Yeah, I agree a serious subject... The high dollar first light may be good for hunting and such, but not feasible for me at $50 for daily use, so what are you guys wearing for daily use?

I seem to sweat a lot and constantly fight rash and need something antimicrobial and have a couple hundred bucks of $25 Under Armor (different types) but always looking to improve...

25-May-16

wild1's Link
REI brand boxer briefs, comfy and long-lasting. Also Exofficio boxer briefs - well made and comfy (see link).

25-May-16
Woolrich merino wool boxer briefs.. $20/pair and you WILL love them!!

25-May-16
Zbone, like I said, try Puma.

25-May-16
I have some adidas climacool that are awesome too.

25-May-16
I wear cheap target cotton boxers. I would like a couple pairs of something else for huntkng

25-May-16
I'll second the REI boxer briefs.

25-May-16
soloman - Will do... Thank you...

25-May-16
Exofficio Give N Go brief. By far the best i've tried. You can find them on Amazon for cheap if your not picky about what they look like.

25-May-16
What do you guys do with these expensive briefs when an emergency hits and you have to tear them off for toilet paper? It's a no win situation! Ha!

25-May-16
Socks Brotsky, duh!

25-May-16
Brotsky...You go to the shirt.

25-May-16
Kota, if I ever find a pile in the woods with half a sleeve from a Sitka poly base layer in it I'm marking your honey hole one my GPS! Ha!

25-May-16
I wear two pair of socks for emergencies.

25-May-16
These new synthetics are probably about as good as wiping with a plastic bag!

25-May-16
lol, thanks guys! Now I have way too many options I want to buy!

25-May-16
In order for a good brief not to ride up are you guys using the longer 6" inseam?

25-May-16
I do, also the new "no ride" fruit o looms (maybe hanes) are a joke. The leg opening is just cinched down, feels like a no leak diaper.... don't ask, just trust me :D

25-May-16
I ordered some of those silk Sitka boxer briefs that they had on camofire a few weeks ago...whoa are they comfortable. Haven't hiked in them yet.

For hiking/hunting, I've typically used Pategonia light weight boxer briefs. Synthetic, very comfortable. They will stink as all synthetics do, but you can wash them in a creek in 1 minute and they're dry in 10 minutes.

Very light weight synthetics dry exceptionally fast with just a breeze, no sun/heat required.

25-May-16
Seems that synthetics make me noticeably hotter and sweatier than cotton or cotton blend. I can't imagine a 2-3spike camp hunt w/out a shower. I'd have crotch crickets from here to kansas!

25-May-16
Multi-day use I would never wear Under Armour heat gear shorts again. Drove 18 hrs and had serious odor. Never again.

Icebreaker 100% merino wool, wear it many days, not issues with the clothing. Need to maintain the body creases tho.

25-May-16
I'm a loincloth kinda guy!!

26-May-16
So Ike, while your washing your drawers in the creek, do you just get downstream of your drinking water, or...............

26-May-16
I don't wear underwear unless I'm hunting. Seriously. And most times not even then. I wear them boys only if camping or camp hunting. I just st change them every two days and use Gold bonds. There are few things better than a baby wipe shower, followed by a Gold Bond dousing, in the private areas when going without a shower got a week. Keeps things fresh and tolerable. God Bless

27-May-16
I used Minus 33 100% Merino Wool underwear. Worked great for a CO Elk hunt

Carl

27-May-16
Mypackage brand boxer briefs are the most comfortable I've ever wore. They don't ride up no have a comfy pocket for your package. I haven't had much luck with the durability of merino undies.

27-May-16
A few of you have mentioned Gold Bond... Do you ever feel that it has has too smell to it? Just curious, I haven't used it.

27-May-16
Gold Bond can't smell as bad as the frumunda cheese that would surely result from me not using it over the course of a 7 day hunt, even with "periodic rinsing" in the creek.

27-May-16
It's funny cause I do get downstream a bit, but the creek is always moving, so it's not like it matters...

Justin, you provided just enough for a visual! TMI brother!

27-May-16
This is "a lot of info" on underwear!

Mark

27-May-16
Mark, guys always know they can come to Bowsite for "full disclosure".

27-May-16
FYI, KUIU is sold out of underwear! Should be some more reviews of them soon. ;)

27-May-16
Good segue into a manscaping thread! :-)

27-May-16
Frumunda cheese bahahaha

I too looked at the Kuiu website and noticed they were sold out. Bummer.

27-May-16
First lite is comfortable and doesn't hold scent but they are not durable at all! Especially for the cost of them , just got 2 pair of kuiu in and they definitely feel like they will hold up much better than FL

30-May-16
I'm a loincloth kinda guy!!

31-May-16
Seriously!! No stink after several days!!? I know the claims, but come on! Does it really resist stink that well? LOL!

31-May-16
Exofficio

31-May-16
I like the military issue poly. It stinks after you wear it, but then, that's just me.

31-May-16
Ex-Os are good. I think they advertise em as 10 day underwear if ya turn em inside out after 5 =D.... they do pill up a bit if you carry a wallet of any size. Rinse out in the creek (always carry a water filter, ya never know who is upriver...) and they dry really fast. Stink? After 4 or 5 days everything I own stinks, right down to my bow...

I like UA and they were my first pair of snug boxer or boxer-brief or whatever you call them. But the waist elastic goes out real fast. Coach picked up a few Pumas here at Costco or something and I really like them as well. Remind me of Ox-Os, in the dark I couldn't tell you which was which...

Merino is just too darn hot for me in 90% of what I do, takes a good bit longer to dry than synthetics too. That and I'm a cheapskate. But with our weather (it's not just the heat, it's the humility...) I'll just call it practical....

31-May-16

Bill in MI's Link
I like these

02-Jul-20
Since were talking sox I thought I’d bump this one. It’s taken 4 years but I’ve seen the light on nice undies. I have to give a shout out for Duluth Trading Armachillo undies. Well worth the money if you like briefs that cover your butt and hold in your junk. Regardless of age or activity they don’t loose their shape/elasticity.

02-Jul-20
Worst is Black Ovis Marino wool. Just ordered 2 pair and I’ll be tossing them as I found out you can’t return even unopened underwear packages. I’m going to try Duluth Trading next.

02-Jul-20
I do wear the Deluth Boxer briefs Bull pen version when I go that direction. For boxer briefs they offer good support but not as much as I like.

02-Jul-20
Red desert boxers for me for sure!

02-Jul-20

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
For the older folks here...who owned a pair of these back in the 1970's?

02-Jul-20
Armachillo cooling boxers from Duluth Trading Company. Generally, I only wear underwear when I have to wear a suit or otherwise dress up but I might wear these when I head out to antelope hunt. My body runs at a high temperature and these keep things comfortable. Best of luck in your search.

02-Jul-20

Bowbender's embedded Photo
Bowbender's embedded Photo

02-Jul-20
Boxers or briefs from REI (synthetic) are the best I have found on my quest for performance underwear. I know my crack stinks after a few days, I don't sniff my panties to see if they smell.

02-Jul-20

FF's embedded Photo
FF's embedded Photo
These are my go to during hunting season! Comfy!!

02-Jul-20
REI synthetic briefs. They are supposed to be antimicrobial. Can be worn about a week without negative results while hunting.

02-Jul-20
Good info for my quest of the best bull pen! And some of u way TMI!-D

02-Jul-20
Duluth makes some great underwear for dang sure!

02-Jul-20
I don’t wear underwear. Ought to try it fellas. It’s a good feeling. Then you won’t have to worry about all this.

02-Jul-20
Core-4 and exo. Baby wipes before you get all stanked up.

02-Jul-20
I just purchased 4 pair of Duluth’s. All different pair. Gonna see what I like best before I order more. So far, I’m fairly impressed with all of them

03-Jul-20
Duluth Buck Naked Boxers, not briefs, for me. Always on sale it seems. Got 7 pairs now, very comfy.

03-Jul-20
In reading through this thread I noticed a few of you experience some chaffing or "crotch crickets? I am also a cyclist and recently found a "butt butter" that works for me, Zevlin, non-tingle formula.

Odors are best controlled by soap and water. However, many "cream" soaps leave a residue/odor. I use and always recommend Glycerin based soap. Clearly Natural is the brand I've found that comes "unscented", great for hunting season. Pubic hair traps bacteria, which can be controlled by Lavlin, which was sold by Screaming Eagle many years ago as "Pit Stop", primarily for underarm odor. Corn starch baby powder helps keep your "junk" dry and is far better than any talc powder.

Briefs will not ride up into a wedgie if the leg holes are a proper tightness. It might take a stitch or two at the side seam to take up slack and get a best fit and be comfortable. That method also works in swim suit liners too.

04-Jul-20
Commando...

• Sitka Gear