LBshooter 27-May-16
Mr.C 27-May-16
gobbler 29-May-16
midwest 29-May-16
rattling_junkie 29-May-16
25-May-16

petedrummond's embedded Photo
Buddy jim kilts bags an alaskan grizzly. Took 6 shots and charged.

25-May-16

A guy a week or two before was charged and it didnt end well.

25-May-16

25-May-16

25-May-16
can't imagine that is real or if it is that someone stood for a photo and someone took a photo

25-May-16
Wow, makes me think Hugh Glass got off easy...

25-May-16

MNRazorhead's Link
Here is the link to the story. Not many details. Wow.

25-May-16
Wow, amazing that guy is alive!

25-May-16
Not good! He will need a face transplant

25-May-16
Could've done without that

25-May-16
Amazingly, that guy looks pretty good in a picture taken about three weeks later.

I'm with Bou, though. I can't believe that in that situation...someone with him took a picture.

It's easy to second guess someone in a stressful situation, and I wasn't there and have never dealt with anything that serious, but I think wrapping his head up would be higher on the priority list than photography.

But he's alive. He lost his eye, but if you see the later picture, you'll be amazed at how well he's healed. His partners got him out.

I wasn't there, so my conjecture is just that. Monday morning quarterbacking.

25-May-16
Well, that would pretty much ruin your whole day.

25-May-16
Name appears to be glenn bohn. How much faith do you have in pistols now.google and see the size of the bear. It was huge. Rifles didnt stop him.

25-May-16

The bear

25-May-16
My goodness. I don't have the words to describe how disturbing that was to look at and, trying to imagine the struggle is unbearable.

I do have the words for the cruel anti's that commented on the article though. I HATE dumb people. That is wrong of me. Something I definitely need to work on. But, until then, I hate them and would love to put them in his place. I hate the way they perceive nature and, the role we humans play in it.

25-May-16
How much faith do you have in arrows? You are right pistols are not a backup weapon. A rifle such as 300 win or 338 will stop one on a dime if you put it in the melon or both shoulders. A lung shot brown bear will spin and bite at its flank allowing follow up shots. The problem is most of the people that go on some these guided brown bear hunts don't shoot their rifle enough or at all before they go on the hunt. There are lots of clients that are good marksmen that lose their cool and make bad shots. Some are using way to big of gun and are scared of the recoil. If feel bad for this guy but the story and pictures don't seem to add up with 2 different dead bears. I don't think anyone should of put his picture on the internet or the guy that took the pic or the guide should of been administering first aid.

25-May-16
Last time I saw a picture like that, it was of an ordnance man who put a CAD(think giant primer) in his mouth and it went off! I know that's not why they call them Grizzlies but I think that's why they call wounds like that grizzly!

26-May-16
Just WOW! Speechless. That is gruesome.

26-May-16
I just lost my appetite.

26-May-16
Any more on the story with your buddy? What weapon was he using? Charge after the first shot, or before?

Glad to know the fella in the picture above is doing about as best as could be hoped. I sure hope he is the one that did the bear in.

26-May-16
I wasn't ready for that!

26-May-16
Can't believe this wasn,t removed guess i will have to block the Bowsite can't have my grandchildren seeing this kind of trash!

26-May-16
I don't get shocked easily...but this did it.

26-May-16
I still don't believe it is real. where is there any tie between that photo and the article. looks like something out of fangoria magazine. if there is confirmation that is an actual untouched photo of the person in the article please share it and prove me wrong.

26-May-16
I would say not real also. Could anyone survive that, let alone stand there for a pic?

26-May-16
Id say Leonardo got out pretty good .

26-May-16
Google the guy's name. There's several articles and a few postings with more pictures. I'd say it's legit.

26-May-16

wild1's Link
I also looked into it. There are many article about the attack, but I'm not convinced this gruesome image(s) go with the attack - who knows. Here's another picture (from a very different type of website), beware to the viewer - it's a bit disturbing.

26-May-16
I call bull s8/7;%@ we are hunters look at the details not much if any blood look at suspenders come one ive had some cuts put out lot more blood /under condition he should be covered

26-May-16

AH's embedded Photo
AH's embedded Photo
Post surgery photo from internet.

26-May-16
That's incredible

26-May-16
The uncropped image contains a fair amount more blood fwiw

26-May-16
Whether is authentic or not, why not post the picture of the successful hunter above and call it good? Did we really need to see that regardless?

26-May-16
I've seen other websites with the same story/photo but I still have a hell of a hard time believing that the recovery pic could possibly be the same guy. And that's taking for granted that the initial photo is legit.

How can you take a guy who looks like his face was ripped off by a chainsaw and put him back together? It looks to me like most of his features are ripped off and presumably long gone? Could they have possibly picked up the pieces off the tundra or opened up the bear to retrieve his nose so it could be reattached?

Can't be real, can it? Maybe a Dr can weigh in and add some opinion.

26-May-16
For those of you familiar with anatomy, you can see that he has a patent airway. His sinus cavities are exposed, and he has an opening near his mouth, all which allow him to breathe. Second, you can see they have him leaning sideways probably to keep blood from occluding his airways. Third, you can obviously see that the blood is clotting like its supposed to, so bleeding is controlled. Forth, his brain and all major arteries were untouched. I have heard stories from my ER co-workers of people that tried to commit suicide with a shotgun and survived for a time with their face completely gone.

26-May-16
Wow glad he will recover. To me it kind of looks like a good portion of his flesh is still attached to his face.

On a side note my dad's ear from his car accident turned out ok. You can tell something happened. At the scene of the accident I thought the ear was a goner.

26-May-16

Greg Kush's Link
If the first photo is real, it is more likely that it is a photo of a man attacked in 2011 by the name of Wes Perkins. In the comments section of one of the recent forums showing those photos, a person claims the photos are of Wes since his mother was one of the nurses that worked with him.

The wounds described in the stories of Wes Perkins' attack seem to closely match what we see in that photo. Regardless of whether or not the earlier pic is on him, click the embedded link in this post and read about his amazing story!

27-May-16
Article sure sounds like the guy in the before recovery pictures. I can't imagine.

27-May-16
Looks and sounds fake. If this happened a reputable news agency would have reported the story.

27-May-16
If that recovery pic is true then that guy is one lucky person and his surgeon is amazing.

27-May-16
Thanks for the warning...thats not right ...fake or real who cares ..gonna take awhile to get that $#!& outta my head..and im go n to bear country tomorrow morning

29-May-16
I was an ER Doc for 30 years before I retired. While I don't know if it is the same person or not, I can imagine that it could be. As noted his posterior sinuses appear patent. I dealt with several facial suicide attempts that left more of a high velocity injury and most turned out ok. I suspect grizzly claws or teeth would tear the tissue . When I first saw the initial picture I felt that with some plates and screws and flipping the face back over to his right and with a lot of sutures and antibiotics it might go back together fairly well.

Again, that was my first thought, I don't know if it is the same man or not.

29-May-16
"If this happened a reputable news agency would have reported the story."

"reputable news agency" = oxymoron ;-)

29-May-16
Ha!^^^

• Sitka Gear