HighLife 31-May-16
Bow Nut 31-May-16
Paul@thefort 31-May-16
willliamtell 01-Jun-16
SunnyInCO 01-Jun-16
scndwfstlhntng 01-Jun-16
Bowkid 01-Jun-16
25-May-16
I'm sure many of you have heard that the Colorado based company "Sports Authority" is going out of business entirely. Sad deal, not a ton of hunting stuff there but I'm sure you'll be able to find good stuff on liquidation sales. Just a thought...

26-May-16
They brought it upon thierselves with letting Al Salvi the S-I-L deciding no guns would be sold at the stores anymore.

26-May-16
Can't speak for any other place, but there's plenty of guns in the Cheyenne store.

26-May-16
Good luck. Went to the closing one in Reno, NV and found a grand total of 10% off. Don't waste my time. Nothing there I need badly enough to go out of my way to save 10%.

26-May-16
nvgoat I agree 100%. Heck, at 10% off, their prices are still higher than most. I was told another 10% will be taken off every week. Just hope the few items I want will still be in stock when I decide I'm getting a good deal.

26-May-16
They've been going downhill for a long time, quit handling fishing gear in my local store a few years ago, and guns/hunting sections was shrinking. Stores come and go, I won't miss them.

26-May-16
Yep. It is the curse of the Broncos.... That is what they get for buying naming rights to such a team!

AS for guns our store still sales guns.

26-May-16
Ct store stopped asking guns years ago

26-May-16
Sorry , stopped sales years ago

26-May-16
Ct store stopped asking guns years ago

26-May-16
It doesn't surprise me they went under.

Their store in Walnut Creek,Ca had to cost them an arm and a leg for rent- huge footprint...and i rarely see more than a couple people in the store.

26-May-16
Bye bye

Used to have a little of everything, enough to make it a good store for stuff

Went in one day and their 'hunting stuff' consisted of a camo 5gal bucket....wtf

The salesmen, obviously embarrassed, just said " its a corporate thing" and shook his head in disgust, i never went back

26-May-16
They just did a grand opening in my town a month ago. Built a new building. That is very close to where Best Buy had built a new building prior to shutting down a few months later. Bad mojo on that plot of land so maybe they moved the headstones but not the graves.

29-May-16
Stopped shopping there a few years ago when they discontinued all gun sales.

29-May-16
Thats strange, all of the Colorado stores sell guns.

29-May-16
Best place to go and buy leftover tags because there was never a line!

29-May-16
The one by me in Pueblo is pretty cruddy, I won't miss it. Also, keep in mind that when stores have these liquidation sales they often mark up the merchandise before they sell it at a discount, so even the discount isn't as much as you think...

29-May-16
I stopped by ours while running errands and several of us in there were discussing how their 10% discount was still more expensive than the stores down the street at retail.

29-May-16
I went in to our local store and all the major merchandise had been removed and shipped off to someplace else.

29-May-16
I was in the store in Steamboat a couple months ago. I didn't see any guns there, or any prices on anything that was even close to being competitive.

30-May-16
The place is a DIVE...not sure how they ever stayed in business

31-May-16
LUNG$HOT Salvi ran for office here in Illinois. Asked for support from the gunowners and when he lost blamed it on the gun owners than pulled the guns and other outdoor items to get back at the Sportsmen petty little POS

31-May-16
Not that I wish bankruptcy on anyone but that place was terrible. Horrible fishing department and that's in Florida. Walmart has a better selection on outdoor goods. There hunting section , nonexistent , and no bows or guns . Not sure what they expected to keep them in competition with the other box stores .

31-May-16
Ft Collins Colorado, Going out of Business Sale, now going on.

01-Jun-16
My nephews picked up a couple of baseball gloves for cheap. Seemed like mostly clothing (yawn) when I visited one. As pointed out, you have to know real prices to know if they are offering a real deal.

01-Jun-16
The private equity firm bankrupted the company. They leveraged the hell out of the store and pulled out as much cash as they could and decided not to repay the huge interest payment due.

Most of the stores near me pulled there hunting and fishing departments once Cabellas and SW open their Colorado store.

01-Jun-16
My local store in PA. is a poor excuse for a sporting goods store. It has looked like the leftovers rack for years.

I have been wondering what kept them open so long.

01-Jun-16
Years ago while in college I managed the gun/ sporting goods dept in a CA location that was closed down a long time ago in favor of a better strip mall.

We sold a lot of firearms, but even back then they were an odd store in my opinion. The never really had what people wanted. It was almost like their buyers were buying only on margin and not thinking about the final sale.

It is 2016 a brick and mortar retail shop needs to bring value to the consumer. Consumers are not dumb. Heck even I check prices and reviews on my smart phone while standing in the store

It sounds to me like someone got shorted by the hedge fund and they just bleed it out..

• Sitka Gear