Bigdan 30-May-16
soloman 30-May-16
elk1st 30-May-16
elkocd 30-May-16
oldgoat 30-May-16
elk6x6325 30-May-16
bradbear 31-May-16
28-May-16
Anybody hunt unit 231 in Nevada? Any advice for hunting elk in unit 231 would be much appreciated as far as area's, drainages, where elk are etc., type of terrain, access or whatever info could be helpful. thanks

28-May-16
Did you draw an archery elk tag in 231? I can't help a ton with info, but grats on that tag - that's a dream tag for sure.

29-May-16
yes, archery elk. thanks for your reply. I checked out the nevada state record book last night, looked like 10 of the 20 or so entries for that unit had White Rock Peak as the location of kill, the largest being 388 4/8, and the smallest being 331. Other areas were Mt. Wilson, Table Mt., Parsnip Pk., Camp valley..

29-May-16
I thought Table mountain was in 114...

29-May-16
There is a bunch of Table Mountains in Nevada I think

29-May-16
I sent you a pm, but ignore it,i finally had a chance to look at a map and my faded memory was way off

30-May-16
Hey elk1st

I drew an archery mule deer tag in 231. I'll be up there for a couple weeks in august around some of the areas you mentioned. Probably mostly backpacked into the wilderness areas. Send me a pm with contact info and I can share what I find for elk and maybe if you do any scouting early you could share what you see for deer?

30-May-16
There is a trail that goes in just north of Garth Carters cabin in utah thats near were i killed my Utah bull about 1/4 mile into utah.

30-May-16
elkocd how many points did you have pull that tag I had 9 and didn't draw

30-May-16
That is an extremely good tag for Elk and Deer. Probably the best in the State.

30-May-16
elkocd, will be glad to share what i find as I will be doing scouting trips as well. I also have a friend who had the archery mule deer tag in that unit, and I will be talking to him in the next couple of days. What's a pm? sorry, i just joined this forum,

30-May-16
elk1st

See the "Private Reply" link in the green bar? You can send a private message. Like and email.

BigDan

I only had 4 points. I got very lucky and feel very fortunate.

30-May-16
On the main page where all the threads are listed, look over on the far right column, you will see your screen name and it will say "you have new private messages"

30-May-16
Elk1st, not trying to hijack your thread but I drew one of the nonresident archery elk tags! Being from PA and a long way from home I'm going to need all the help I can get. If any of you guys would be willing to share some info with me as well that would be much appreciated. Thanks

31-May-16
Saw some good bulls when I was deer hunting there last year. Don't be afraid to check low and catch the bulls going from the crop fields back towards the Mountains in the mornings.

• Sitka Gear