DPowers 20-Jun-16
PO Cedar 23-Jun-16
BUCKEYEBUCK01 24-Jun-16
PO Cedar 24-Jun-16
BUCKEYEBUCK01 24-Jun-16
Firsty 24-Jun-16
BUCKEYEBUCK01 27-Jun-16
20-Jun-16
anyone have any good spots to check out in that unit. Going the last week of season after muzzleloader?

20-Jun-16
I dont want to be a dick here but that opening line wont get you any responses.

There are lots of ways to find info on a unit. Google search anything and everything you can. Google Earth can be very helpful. Once you have some areas locked down then ask some specific questions. Good people to call with questions are the biologist, game warden maybe eeven a friend you meet from here. Looking at some numbers it looks crowded. It has decent harvest statistics with the crowds.

There is have done my good deed for the day. Lol

20-Jun-16
Thanks. Done most of that. Thats why im on here to see if anyone has been there and experienced hunting the unit. get first hand info from a actual hunter. but yea i see there is a decent crowd in there. just worried wil run into alot of people.

20-Jun-16
Hunted that two years ago and we ran into a lot more people than we cared for. Elk are there, pressure is high and it doesn't matter how far we hiked in we saw people every day.

Lots of dead-falls in parts of the unit, and thick in some parts.

Hunt hard, be prepared to cover ground to find elk, and don't get discouraged when you run into someone.

20-Jun-16
PM sent

23-Jun-16

PO Cedar's embedded Photo
Just back from Unit 71...DRY!...No rain in 3 weeks and water is scarce up on top.. grass is still lush though...hope it improves, remember 2012 wildfires there...my local source said 2015 season was exceptionally crowded... archery season....seems the pressure fluctuates relevant to the publicity the area gets in magazine articles. Good luck!

24-Jun-16
lets hope that it gets some rain before i go.

24-Jun-16

I moved around, camping over in the Glades area..dry! Drove up 145 Hwy. towards Rico...no streams with water...although the Dolores River was high from the snowmelt north of there...

24-Jun-16
Nice i like the camp. quick and easy!!!!

24-Jun-16
I know of several 300+ bulls taken by hard hunting locals. Hunt lower than most.........

27-Jun-16
What at lower elevations?

• Sitka Gear