Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
Kevin 21-Jun-16
wyobullshooter 21-Jun-16
Bow Nut 21-Jun-16
Wood 22-Jun-16
Kevin 24-Jun-16
21-Jun-16
I finally bought a new bow last year, a Mathews chill x. I had been shooting a Mathews rival pro (since 2002 or 2003ish I can't remember )

What is everyone shooting for a stabilizer with parallel or past parallel limbs?

The longer stabilizer I had on my old bow just seems to throw off the balance of my new bow.

I am not shooting a stabilizer now and am shooting better than when I had the longer bar on. I am also wondering if I would benefit from just shooting a back bar ?

21-Jun-16
I have the Bee Stinger Sport Hunter Extreme Kit on both my bows. Absolutely love it. Has both the front and rear bars, along with six 1oz weights. Easily adjustable so you can balance your bow, even with a quiver on.

21-Jun-16
I had the chill x and ran into the same issue. I found after multiple tries that the 2" axion was perfect.

22-Jun-16
I like a back bar on all my bows. Lets you balance the bow so your bubble is in the middle. I adjust how much weight and how far out my back bar is by hooking up my release to the d loop, and placing an arrow across the grip, so I can't induce any torque. with just a little pressure, it should show you where the bubble wants to be.

24-Jun-16
Thanks guys.

Im thinking of buying a back bar bracket to see if I can get more stability from a back bar

• Sitka Gear