Bowfreak 23-Jun-16
sitO 23-Jun-16
Matt Palmquist 23-Jun-16
Bowfreak 24-Jun-16
sitO 24-Jun-16
Matt Palmquist 24-Jun-16
Bowfreak 24-Jun-16
23-Jun-16
Any opinions on this guy? Havent seen enough about it to kown if it will function like the Dutton. I can see where it would be at least an option to use with a blind setup but was curious about just flashing it or staking it out for rutting bucks. Looks like it will have a lot of movement which I would think would make it deadly. Thoughts?

photo 2016-04-26_1106-300x277_zpsdzxx4jzs.png

23-Jun-16
Is it a bobble head? Doesn't look like it would work in a spot-n-stalk decoy situation, too bulky. Pronghorn bucks are very territorial however, and you can "put them to bed" and they'll likely be within a 1/4mi or less the next morning. So with a full body deke you can sometimes sneak in very early, downwind of where they were, as silently as possible, and set the full body. 1 out of maybe 5-10 times you will entice him at first light to check the imposter out, but you'll have little mobility and he may never "act right". If he starts your way get an arrow knocked quickly!

23-Jun-16
I would like to see one in person. We have decoyed them in with Montana, Heads Up, Flambeau, Mel Dutton and even carried around a full body Decoy. It will work I bet but it will depend how cumbersome it is to carry around. When we have used the full body Decoy it is usually with 2 people. It can be done solo but isn't convenient.

Matt

24-Jun-16
It is supposed to be very light but that is subjective. I'm interested in actually seeing one or getting some first person feedback.

24-Jun-16
Is it a flat decoy? Matt do not argue with me or I'll quit calling you the "Master".

24-Jun-16
It is pretty flat I think. It looks doable. Found a review and it said it weighs 8 pounds. The amount of movement in high winds would need to be tested as well.

24-Jun-16
I did an online chat with someone at Rinehart. They said that they are currently still working on the features for spot and stalk and flashing the decoys like a Dutton. I gave them the link to this thread....hopefully they can give more info.

• Sitka Gear