Elk
Contributors to this thread:
Thunder Head 24-Jun-16
grossklw 24-Jun-16
blackwolf 24-Jun-16
Jaquomo 24-Jun-16
drycreek 24-Jun-16
24-Jun-16
Anybody ever train thru Patellar tendinitis to go on a hunt.

Im ending my 3rd week of no cardio or hiking. I believe I have the inflammation under control by icing it regularly. I bought a tendinitis knee strap and it eliminates the pain but of course its still there.

Im getting to the point where I have to make a decision to either try and get in the best shape I can or do nothing and hope it heals in time to do "some" training.

24-Jun-16
TH I'm a DPT and if it is true patellar tendinitis focus on eccentric load/strengthening. Type in simple eccentric quad exercises into google and you will have your answer 3sets of 15 reps 2x/day generally takes care of it after 4-6 dedicated weeks, if you want something more specific feel free to PM me and I can e-mail you what I generally give out to get people started.

Nice thing about eccentric's is in terms of strength you won't be missing a beat, there are other ways to keep cardio up than hiking.

24-Jun-16
Zamst knee braces work great for me. Worth every penny of the $80. They also make a patella brace for about $35. The ZK-7 is knee brace and gives great support without much weight or hinges. The JK is the patella brace which I have never used. I have knee replacements and would never hike without the brace. I used cheaper $15-20 ones until I saw the Zamst pamphlet in a Dr. office. Good luck! Hope it goes away fast.

24-Jun-16
Was it diagnosed by an Ortho? If not it could also be patellafemoral syndrome, (runners knee) which is something I struggle with periodically. I self-diagnosed it as tendinitis until I went to the ortho. Now I do specific exercises to manage it

Good luck. Knee pain of any kind sucks.

24-Jun-16
Tell me about. All but two of mine are fine.

• Sitka Gear