petedrummond 23-Jul-16
tjsna 25-Jul-16
Surfbow 26-Jul-16
Archerdan 28-Jul-16
Archerdan 28-Jul-16
petedrummond 29-Jul-16
wyobullshooter 29-Jul-16
19-Jul-16
Going on my first antelope hunt this September in Wyoming. I'll be driving from Louisiana through Dallas, through Denver and then on up to around Douglas.

If I'm lucky enough to get one, can you please recommend a good taxidermist somewhere near my trip route to get one mounted and possibly get the hide tanned from a second goat......again if I'm lucky enough.

Your input is always welcomed.

Thanks.

19-Jul-16
He might be a bit out of your way, but highly recommend Mike Painter out of Buffalo, wy. See his facebook link with photos.

https://www.facebook.com/StillLifeTaxidermy

19-Jul-16
Bret Kirk out of julesburg, Colorado does amazing work. He is doing my brothers, a friend of mine, and mine from last year. His Number is 970-930-0109. Tell him Josh Herz sent you his way.

19-Jul-16
Dave Skiff in Broomfield, CO. He does all my work and is a great taxidermist. He is only 3-4 miles off I-25 on the north end of Denver.

19-Jul-16

Bowboy's Link
I'd recommend Rocky Mountain Artwork. Tom is one of the best. He's in Cheyenne.

19-Jul-16

Stick1@work's MOBILE embedded Photo
Stick1@work's MOBILE embedded Photo

Ronnie Ellington at Antler Ridge Taxidermy in Riverside, TX. He's done a couple goats for me.

19-Jul-16

Charlie Rehor's Link
Everybody loves their taxi! Just like broadheads:) Bowsite taxi sponsor!! Dennis

Hope you get a good one! C

20-Jul-16
'Goats r terrible about slipping hair. First and foremost get him caped and cooled ASAP. If u don't take care of them properly it doesn't matter how good the taxidermist is!!! In the cooler with bloody water isn't good. If possible dry ice is the way to go. Good luck.

20-Jul-16
Thanks guys for some suggestions.

21-Jul-16
Wildlife Creations International in Glenrock,Wy does amazing work!

21-Jul-16
Archerdan, just looked at your drive. If you go to Dallas, get on 35 an head north to I 80 in Neb. From there head west on 80 to the Ogallala, Neb. exit. Get off there an jump on to rt. 26. That will take you to I 25 just south of Douglas, Wy. I go rt. 26 when I come in from Pa. For me it is straight across 80 to 26 to 26 then head north. Check it out.

21-Jul-16
I would say to send it to a great taxidermist vs. drop off if you don't find a good one.

Overnighting an animal is not that expensive and you will send it to someone you like or trust.

Just wait till you hit a mid-size city so you get a better shipping rate.

21-Jul-16
You get one. Make sure that you get the hide frozen or get dry ice. If not the hair well slip very quick. Both of mine, I had a large cooler and duct tape. Got plenty of dry ice, then sealed it with the duct tape.

23-Jul-16

wild1's Link
A bit out of the way (unless you're planning to visit Yellowstone), but in Wyoming, you'd be hard-pressed to find more talented group of taxidermists, than Nature's Design - out of Cody.

Good luck on your hunt!!

23-Jul-16

petedrummond's embedded Photo
Bob schnettgoeke of grafton illinois is the best ive seen. The wildebeest was cover of taxidermy magazine.

23-Jul-16

Wildebeest

23-Jul-16
Wildebeest

23-Jul-16

He did my antelope

23-Jul-16

And he did these for my buddy Dr. Bob.

25-Jul-16
Don't use the taxidermist just north out of Douglas you will be disappointed. Black Hills Taxidermist out of Shell, WY does Fantastic work ! What unit did you draw ?

26-Jul-16
Fullcryhounds on here does a great job, he's up near Conifer, CO

28-Jul-16
Thanks for the recommendations......decisions, decisions.

My hunt will be at Werner Ranch and I'll be driving. It'll be here before I know it and I'm extremely excited about actually getting to see an antelope. Living down in the "swamps" of Louisiana don't see too many of those critters.

28-Jul-16
And knowing my luck, I'll end up blowing the shot and shoot three feet over the buck's back. I'm going to try and video the hunt so hopefully I'll get some great footage. C'mon September.

29-Jul-16
Where u from in la.

29-Jul-16
I'll 2nd Bowboy's recommendation. Tom at Rocky Mountain Artworks here in Cheyenne does outstanding work.

• Sitka Gear