Jaquomo 24-Jul-16
Well-Strung 24-Jul-16
Well-Strung 24-Jul-16
Well-Strung 24-Jul-16
Adventurewriter 24-Jul-16
21-Jul-16

Adventurewriter's embedded Photo
We haven't had an art thread for a while so I will kick it off. When I travel overseas I figured out a way to work on my passion, bronze pieces. For a bronze first the clay is sculpted, then a mold is made, then several other steps before the final bronze. I do the heads and then freeze to firm up the oil based clay to pack and get them home for the final steps.

This is a ibex I am working on...been wanting to do one since I went to Krygistan a few years back here is the real Ibex and the soon to be bronze. Ibex are really cool to work on as they have alot of character to play with. They have a bully-goaty-bruty look with a great lines on their outsized horns.

21-Jul-16
Sweet!

21-Jul-16

Here is the animal that inspired me....love sculpting animal I have hunted. This is not done but I like to semi loose as I think it looks much better in finished bronze than something that is trying to be a perfect replica

21-Jul-16
That's really cool, My father in law does a lot of bronze sculpture. Does lots of work for Cabelas and others. John Parsons, look him up if you aren't familiar..

21-Jul-16

tacklebox's Link

21-Jul-16
tackle box I think I know the name... more realistic style than mine but good stuff

21-Jul-16
I used to watch an old aquaintence, Dennis Jones, do his clay work. It's really something to see what you guys can do.

21-Jul-16
Bring it on boys and girls Sketches,,,Paintings...... any art..will do old pros first timers...its all good

21-Jul-16

Bigfoot's embedded Photo
Bigfoot's embedded Photo
Once a year, sometimes less, I pick up brushes and try painting. Here is my latest.

Just looked at this and realized it looks a lot paler than real life. Blame the photographer (me)!

22-Jul-16

WapitiBob's embedded Photo
WapitiBob's embedded Photo
I saved this from Randy's forum; I don't remember the artist to give him proper credit.

It's done on the dusty hatch of a truck canopy.

22-Jul-16

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
An Artist friend of mine from Sodona, AZ. The painting on the wall is one of his elk paintings which commands serious money. He also does these skeletal mounts and has a Cougar, Bear, Elk and Dolphin. Some very nice Coues and mule deer euro's on the wall!

These guys have gifts from God that humble me greatly! C

PS: Check out the Cactus wood in the back left corner. These are AZ treasures only secured by special permit. He frames his prints with this Cactus wood (see elk print on wall)

22-Jul-16
Big foot well done you should have something going 365....nothting like doing it...

The dusty elk is way cool...

22-Jul-16
I'm always amazed by the talent we have here on Bowsite! Awesome work gentlemen, you are all truly gifted! Keep them coming!

My personal favorite elk print is by South Dakota native Rosemary Millette. I have many of her prints adorning the walls of my home. Autumn Mist Elk is by far my favorite! Nothing like sitting in my chair in the evening with a cocktail during the heat of summer and looking at a fine piece of artwork, you can almost feel transported. Bring on September!

22-Jul-16
Charlie, I have a 2 armed cactus that I now know what I might do with it after 45 years. And Bigfoot, if you're only picking up a paint brush once a year, you're missing out on something out there.

22-Jul-16

GhostBird's embedded Photo
Most of my art these days is focused on decorative turkey calls.

22-Jul-16

22-Jul-16
GhostBird: Fantastic!

22-Jul-16

22-Jul-16

22-Jul-16

Mike Vines's embedded Photo
Mike Vines's embedded Photo
Here is a set of arrows I made up a couple years ago. I love working with wood, and the smaller the canvas, the more I get to work on patience.

22-Jul-16

Kawabunga's embedded Photo
Kawabunga's embedded Photo
Some great stuff posted!

Heres a painting i've been playing with, some of you may recognize thIs bull from BBs Facebook post. Im an airbrusher and this is my first time using only traditional brushes, little rough and want to change some things around still.

James.

22-Jul-16
Very nice James! I'm thinking your experience with the airbrush helped you know how to approach this painting. Great result for your first time with brushes.

22-Jul-16
Thanks Bigfoot, very hard doing blends after using an airbrush, also the rough surface of the canvas was tough to work on for me, treated it but the stuff I used didn't sand well. Yours looks great, camera does take some away from mine also, think its the glare.

24-Jul-16

Here is a finished piece Love watching a birdy dog do its thing this piece was inspired by my old Lab "Cool Hand Luke"

24-Jul-16
 photo P8150156.jpg

photo P8280013.jpg

24-Jul-16
Granite Carving

photo BB757B66-018E-478B-A772-F0889A839F2D_zpsjvd1q8v5.jpg

Some of the detail

photo P1010496.jpg

photo P1010495.jpg

24-Jul-16
Some great stuff, guys!

I would screw up a paint by number piece..

24-Jul-16

Well-Strung's embedded Photo

24-Jul-16

24-Jul-16

24-Jul-16

I try and put my creative effort into Sculpture but here is my first dive into the painting pool...I need to stay away from it as I really had fun but I need to stay on the sculpture track!!!

• Sitka Gear