White Falcon 22-Jul-16
White Falcon 22-Jul-16
SilentAssassin 25-Jul-16
Mark Watkins 25-Jul-16
TD 25-Jul-16
ben yehuda 26-Jul-16
Buffalo1 26-Jul-16
21-Jul-16
I have not had a chance to properly introduce myself, I am from North of Austin here in Central Texas.

I have been bowhunting for a while now, I am profound deaf. From a very large deaf family on both side of my parents, 8 generation on my mother's side, 5 generation on my father's side.

I love to hunt hogs first and foremost, deer, turkey, and other critters...

I pick up rifle here and there but my passion is bowhunting.

I have been hunting here in Texas but this fall, I will be hunting in Kansas, and Illinois. September 2017 will be hunting in Montana, 60 miles from Canada border for Elk, Muley, Bear and fish for King Salmons, Trouts, should be awesome! I wish it was here already! Haha

Thank you for having me on here. I am enjoying this site so far...Have a good day and shoot straight!

21-Jul-16
Welcome to bowsite. There is a world of knowledge here and twice as many opinions.

21-Jul-16
Welcome SA!

You have come to arguably the best bowhunting forum on the internet. The knowledge on here is crazy and most guys on here love to talk bowhunting and are willing to help out all they can!

I am sure it makes it more difficult to bowhunt when you have profound deafness but if I had to guess your game eyes and sense of smell are probably super keen and probably more heightened than many of us with decent to good hearing. I am glad you are here posting and hope you really enjoy this place. I know I do.

21-Jul-16
Welcome indeed. I'm only an average hunter, but any equipment issue you may have falls right into my area of expertise.

Lots of posters here know what they are typing about.

21-Jul-16
Awesome! Thanks, guys! Appreciate it. I am enjoying it so far...I am just a blue collar bowhunter, ordinary man with extraordinary passion for bowhunting. That is all I am...I like sharing with the like minded folks around the campfire. Looking forward sharing the adventure with y'all!

21-Jul-16
I want to be upfront with everyone that I do have my own IPTV hunting show so there are no misunderstanding, I wanted to do the show not because I think I am better than everybody else, that is by far from my agenda...

it is because I want to break out in the hunting industry and trailblaze for my fellow deaf hunters in deaf community to be able to follow their dream...I am doing this not for myself but for my fellow deaf hunters in the deaf community.

I am just regular guy who love to hunt and will hunt private or public land. I did high fence twice and it was real experience but to do it again, I doubt it...but at least I got to taste what it is like....One was a buck and one was a MLD Doe hunt.

I like the thrill of a fair chase! ;) That is what I live for!

I hope that y'all folks accept me for who I am and what I do....I am always learning everyday and try to stay humble...put in my work and time, into hunting.

I will always be willing to learn from the folks on here and share my experience, my knowledge what I know, I do not know everything! haha...

21-Jul-16
Welcome! My wife is an interpreter for the deaf and both our kids are learning ASL. I look forward to hearing about your hunts.

Cheers!

21-Jul-16
Awesome! My wife is a Certified Sign Language Interpreter as well! Our girls are hearing, 14, 9 years old. That is awesome to know about you and your wife...I assume you are hearing, right? Ben Yehuda

21-Jul-16
Welcome Aboard!

I have watched your stuff on youtube and it's really good! If anyone gives you any flak for doing your thing on youtube, which I doubt!! give them the universal sign for.... You know:)

There are some really smart guys on here and a few yahoos, I probably fall into the Yahoo category:)

Shoot Straight and God Bless.

Scar.

21-Jul-16
My wife learned sign while working at the Post Office. They had a fire drill and the two deaf people did not get the warning. That inspired her to learn. I played football in High school against the American School for the deaf. Their teamwork was amazing.

You said a few times that you are just a regular guy. That's what most of us are:) Enjoy!

21-Jul-16
Awesome!! Thanks for making me feel like Im at home! I appreciate it, sir! Scar Finga

Charlie Rehor, Yeah? That is great! Great for her! I'm happy she took the initiative to learn. Yes, sir. Good to know! That is where I fit in the most and feel comfortable! Thank you.

Have a great night, y'all!

22-Jul-16
Welcome Silent!

"You said a few times that you are just a regular guy. That's what most of us are:) Enjoy!"

Charlie is being Humble, he's pure class; and he completely forgot to mention all the irregular fellas around here.

You won't get bored here, but if you do, check out the Community Forum. :-)

22-Jul-16
Hahaha. Cool! Community? I am still learning my way around here. Where do I find em? Thanks!

22-Jul-16
Found it. Thanks.

22-Jul-16
Welcome!

22-Jul-16

White Falcon's embedded Photo
White Falcon's embedded Photo
I'm think this is it!! Welcome again!

25-Jul-16
White Falcon, Sure is! Thank you!

25-Jul-16
Welcome to the "Bowsite Family" SA!

Mark

25-Jul-16
"arguably"

yeah, that kinda works too.... LOL!

Not totally deaf, just "mostly" My hunting partners carry rocks in their pockets and hit me in the back of the head with them when they hear things I don't. Kinda redneck/hawaiian sign language.....

Welcome SA.... good fun place. Some of the guys even..... know stuff....

26-Jul-16
Yes, I'm hearing. My wife has taught me some ASL, but my three year old is already far advanced beyond me.

26-Jul-16
Welcome to Bowsite !!

It a great place to meet good bowhunters and share knowledge, information and some truth!!

• Sitka Gear