Buffalo1 22-Jul-16
SteveB 23-Jul-16
Bullshooter 23-Jul-16
Surfbow 25-Jul-16
willliamtell 25-Jul-16
Mule Power 25-Jul-16
Mailman 26-Jul-16
21-Jul-16
Archery Talk is really pissing me off with their password fiasco. I tried to recover my password several times, didn't work. Tried to re-register my old password does not meet their criteria, made up a new one. They make you watch an advertisement to register, didn't work. They make you watch the advertisement again to try on reset your password. What an f'n pain in the a$$. I guess I'm down to just the Bowsite as bowhunting.net and .com are pretty much worthless. Its too bad to as I did not think AT was really a competitor to the Bowsite as there is enough difference. AT is more archery and shooting oriented where Bowsite is more outdoor and hunting oriented.

21-Jul-16
Gave up on AT a long time ago.

Besides the adds, rereading a post 50 times in one thread because everyone uses the quote tool to respond just wastes time.

21-Jul-16
Hacks and beer leaguers telling guys what they need to do to be successful.

21-Jul-16
I had the same problems. Still not re-registered.

21-Jul-16
They've got good classified... guys there buy bows and then dump em for another new bow more than some folks change their underwear....

But I haven't been on there so long.... did they make everybody change their passwords?

Ike.... what gets me is the quotes... on quotes... on quotes...ad nauseam.... that and those stupid little dancing spuds....

21-Jul-16
They got hacked and so did Manitoba Hunting Forum and Manitoba Fishing Forum. I got an email form their hoaster or what ever you call them saying so and to try this and that. I have got to it yet though I did run out of passwords like you did probably.

21-Jul-16
Only time I ever visited that place is if I wanted to buy something.

It is has been so long I guess I didn't even know I had a password issue. It might take a few years before I do something about it.

21-Jul-16
Worked for me first time I tried.

Calm down for a day or two and go try again. Both sites have their strengths.

21-Jul-16
Hackers are ruining the internet.

That aside, I've gone occasionally over the past couple years. I just like the "vibe" Pat's fostered over here, and given I'm not a competitive shooter... I just enjoy this site more.

I must have lucked out though. I did update my pswd over there and it seemed to work fine.

21-Jul-16
If you use the temp password the system sends you, it will work fine, even though it doesn't conform to their new password criteria. New password requires a "special" character; !@#$%^& etc.

21-Jul-16
What is archery talk

21-Jul-16
"New password requires a "special" character"

Bob, Pat doesn't require this because we obviously already have more than our share of "special characters" on Bowsite! Ha!

21-Jul-16
I didn't even know it still existed...

21-Jul-16
out grew it years ago. Too much drama. I stay on here and Rokslide.

21-Jul-16
Same thing with bowfishingcountry.com. I think same people own both. PITA with the new password BS. I see ATR sent me a email with the new p word but I never even opened it.

21-Jul-16
AT is good to buy or sell. Beyond that, not for me.

21-Jul-16
I only use the classifieds, great place to buy stuff, feedback system is nice! I didn't have to watch commercials to reset my password. I don't even bother with the forums on there!

21-Jul-16
AT has some great info, and the classifieds are the best on the net archery wise. There are some unsavory characters, as there are here. As far as the PW thing, it wasn't their fault. They weren't the only site that was hacked. There were quite a few forums using the same format that had to do the same thing. The whole PW retrieval isn't hard if you follow directions.

21-Jul-16
I only used it for buying and selling stuff. But I can't recover my password either

21-Jul-16
X2 Ermine. Still can't get mine up and running.

21-Jul-16
And I thought it was just me.

21-Jul-16
"As far as the PW thing, it wasn't their fault. They weren't the only site that was hacked."

This is one of the beauties of Bowsite. Pat built it from the ground up and didn't just buy BB software which makes every BB system vulnerable because of how popular it is and this difference inherently protects Bowsite.

21-Jul-16
Too slow and too many ads... at least the mobile version. I quit using them a while back.

21-Jul-16
Only use them for selling or buying, tried to talk there , it doesn't always work out well. And don't save cookies there .

22-Jul-16
I can understand that they got hacked and that they had to reset all passwords. I have been a member for so long the email address I was probably using is no longer valid. But to make it a 10 digit password with special characters letters and numbers upper and lower case. Its not just AT but I am so damn tired of making up passwords. Kirk set the self destruct on the Enterprise with only a 3 digit code. That and I am so tired of seeing Flo I don't want to have to watch her just to sign up or verify a password.

22-Jul-16
Never been on AT never wanted to.

22-Jul-16
PW reset takes like 30 seconds, and that is if ya do it 5 times lol wah

Life must be treating you pretty good if that is your biggest gripe :)

AT, much like many of the other half a doz forums I frequent has its purpose.

22-Jul-16
I had a little difficulty getting password changed, but I finally got the stars aligned and the change password was accepted

Keep trying if you really want to be able to post,etc. on AT. AT serves a purpose and is a different archery genre than BS.

23-Jul-16
Admin had to reissue mine. Fixed now. Best place on the web to buy archery gear. It's amazing how much quality gear people will sell cheap just to try the newest items. I've also sold a lot of stuff I was ready to part with. It has its place.

23-Jul-16
The tone is very different over there. Even here on Bowsite people can get overly vicious over a difference of opinion. But on AT, it can degenerate quickly, as in:

OP: I shoot Brand X. Brand Y sucks anyway.

Response: What are you, an idiot? Brand X is trash and anyone who shoots is is probably a bed-wetting Commie!

etc. etc.

But still, there are some good threads. I like their search function too.

25-Jul-16
I signed up for AT a while back, but probably only used it for 6 months or so. The only thread I really found interesting and entertaining was the one about trespassers, there were some really funny trailcam pics on there. My password doesn't work now and I'm not going to deal with it...

25-Jul-16
Just signed up and was not impressed with that process. Got on there about an ad I was interested in, and couldn't contact the person.

25-Jul-16
Bou... it's a bowhunting site without actual member experience if I recall correctly. Romper Room for bowhunters. But they can shoot I hear.

That site is still around huh?

26-Jul-16
Took me a bunch of tries over several days but I finally got it done, but I am just a mailman.

• Sitka Gear