coelker 22-Jul-16
midwest 22-Jul-16
Brotsky 22-Jul-16
HDE 22-Jul-16
Flynarrow 22-Jul-16
thomas 22-Jul-16
coelker 23-Jul-16
22-Jul-16
I have been using a 5 pin spot hog for a while. Last year the fibers starting to crack and break (lots of heavy brush). Well I have tried twice to put in new fiber several times, but I can not get it to pull tight in the sight. At least not tight enough to hold in the fiber in the grove and it results in them out of track and obscuring the pins.

So what is a decent new front sight? I like small fiber/dots and prefer a 5 or 6 pin. What do you recommend? I have to change soon in to get dialed in before season.

Would prefer to stay at 100 or less.

22-Jul-16
Is sending the sight back to spot hogg out of the question? I've never dealt w/ them. Most sights any more are way over priced IMO. Its pretty common to pay 150-275 for a pin sight.

Montana black gold may be up your alley for their durability. My last MBG's pins had built in fibers, no loosely fitted threads on a steel pin. I haven't had any of their newer stuff in hand, but I'm sure there are plenty here who have.

22-Jul-16
I was thinking about sending it in. I have had the sight for many years. I am not sure if they can fix it. I have looked at the sights on line and maybe I can just replace the pin section without the brace etc.

I am not sure it will save much money. But holy cow the prices have went up since the last one I bought.

22-Jul-16
Contact them. Nothing to lose.

22-Jul-16
MBG Rush 5 pin would be a good choice right around $100.

What kind of Spot Hogg do you have? I've replaced fibers on my old SH a few times and they went right in. I had a Real Deal 5 pin with the wrap. SH is a great company and I've heard their service is pretty good, give them a call!

22-Jul-16
Yep, if you're not concerned with a slider sight, you have a lot of options.

MBG makes a good sight.

22-Jul-16
Spott Hogg has a lifetime warranty on their sights. Last year the green fluid in the level on my wife's bow turned clear,we sent it in and they fixed it. They also replaced the white circle on the front of the site, and one of the pins without asking them to. All repairs were done free of charge. You should call them and ask them about your pins. Even if they charge a nominal fee it would probably be cheaper than a new site.

22-Jul-16
They will fix it no problem! Ive had to send my sight back to them a couple times and they get it fixed and back to you within a couple days. I had the old pins as well that had exposed pins. Since you need new pins I would upgrade to the bullet pins that are all protected and it solves y problem. If you get old pins, they probably wont charge you but the newer bullet pins are way better.

23-Jul-16
OK! I will contact Spott Hog Today.

Thanks!

Season is just around the corner.

• Sitka Gear