Blakes 22-Jul-16
cnelk 22-Jul-16
smarba 22-Jul-16
PAbowhunter 24-Jul-16
El Je-bow 10-Aug-16
oldgoat 10-Aug-16
JordanMOFLCO 10-Aug-16
22-Jul-16
Inreach Explorer owners, what sort of battery life are you experiencing?

22-Jul-16
If you don't keep it on all the time and just turn it on to sent a txt or location, many days. If you keep it on constantly, it will need changed every couple days. At least this is what I remember last time I used mine(a couple years).

I am about to activate mine again for a trip, it hasn't been touched in probably 18 months. When I turned it on the battery was still above 50%.

22-Jul-16
I charge mine a couple of times per year. Once just before hunting season and then before hiking season. I use it year round but only for a message now and then. Batteries last a long time for me.

22-Jul-16
I recently did a a 'standby' battery test on mine.

Battery life depleted approx 12-15% per day.

That was having the settings set on 'best battery life' which includes a 'listen' for messages every 20 mins.

At the end of 7 days, I was prompted each time I woke it up that battery life was below a certain level

I hope this helps

22-Jul-16
I only turn mine on to send & check messages. Maybe leave on for 30-min at time if I'm expecting message back.

Lasts more than a week. Very long battery life if used wisely.

24-Jul-16
Thanks for the input. Sounds like it's not something to leave on all the time.

10-Aug-16
Not to hijack the post but how many of you guys use the explorer as your GPS as well.

10-Aug-16
I've not heard one good thing about the model that can be used as a GPS too!

10-Aug-16
I have the SE model so no GPS function. But the battery life so far has been phenomenal. I set tracking to every 30 mins and run it for up to 2 days without it running below 90% charge. I send several messages and download weather as well during this time. Very impressed with it.

• Sitka Gear